Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We still have a bunch of holes to fill.  We need to come away with 2 Wr's, Cb, 3t who can bring heat, SLB, backup RB who can spell Jacobs and be a threat.   

Very doable, especially considering RB are not hard to find and SLB isn't a super pressing need. Neither is 3 tech unless we get a player who can actually move the needle.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Very doable, especially considering RB are not hard to find and SLB isn't a super pressing need. Neither is 3 tech unless we get a player who can actually move the needle.

I agree on the 3T.  Collins has shown promise and if he can live up to the potential and stay on the field he could generate that much needed pressure.  We should easily be able to land a quality back to take some load off Jacobs. 

I am not a big fan of Morrow and do not feel confidant with him as our SLB going into the season.   An upgrade can be had there.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree on the 3T.  Collins has shown promise and if he can live up to the potential and stay on the field he could generate that much needed pressure.  We should easily be able to land a quality back to take some load off Jacobs. 

I am not a big fan of Morrow and do not feel confidant with him as our SLB going into the season.   An upgrade can be had there.  

Me neither but between him, Lee, and a late round rookie, we should find serviceable play for a player who will probably only play minimal snaps.

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

consider the source but would you be happy giving up 19 for Ngakoue?

Do we need a DE that will want 20 per year?  That doesn't make much sense to me.

Take a shot at Chaisson at 19 and pay him a fraction of that for 5 years over YN for 20 million per year when we have CF and Maxx.  

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Honestly I would be happy with it. He's a 8-12 sack guy, gets a ton of pressure and could take our pass rush from below average to borderline elite depending on Crosby and Ferrell's growth. He'll need a big contract, so I wonder how we would swing that salary cap wise at the moment. 

12 is too rich. But I like the idea of a proven pro bowl edge player who's 25 with pick 19 more than I love any of the prospects likely to be there. A first round of Yannick and Lamb for example would be an incredible win in my book. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

Honestly I would be happy with it. He's a 8-12 sack guy, gets a ton of pressure and could take our pass rush from below average to borderline elite depending on Crosby and Ferrell's growth. He'll need a big contract, so I wonder how we would swing that salary cap wise at the moment. 

12 is too rich. But I like the idea of a proven pro bowl edge player who's 25 with pick 19 more than I love any of the prospects likely to be there. A first round of Yannick and Lamb for example would be an incredible win in my book. 

Keep in mind that he played on a Dline littered with talent.  He wont have that in LV and at 20 million per year that is a very risky move as he wil have to be a 10+ sack player for the next 5 years to provide good value for giving up 19 and paying him a ton of cash.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

No. Not one bit. He's good and young but we have sunk a major asset in Ferrell who has promise, Crosby looks like a steal and we gave Nassib a pretty substantial contract. Not to mention Yan is going to commanda lot of money, money we don't really have. Also he seems like a semi AB nutcase going all Twitter crazy and calling out the Jags staff member. 

Pleeeeeease no. This has Grunden's fingerprints all over it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Raider said:

I don’t know if this deal happens or not but I do think it would be a win for both sides. Yannick is one hell of a pass rusher. We blew it by not getting a long term deal done with him. He was a fan favorite before his antics on Twitter. Give him like 55M GTD and reap the benefits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Someone do DE / DT / LB / CB tiers. I haven’t really followed DL as intense  

DE:
Tier 0
Chase Young

Tier 1
Yetur Gross-Matos
AJ Epenesa  -- base end, 3-4 potential
Klavon Chaisson - Probably a 3-4 OLB

Tier 2
Marlon Davidson - base end, 3-4 potential (in a 4-3 might be a one gap DT)
Julian Okwara - Probably a 3-4 OLB
Darrell Taylor
Jon Greenard - Probably a 3-4 OLB
Terrell Lewis - 3-4 OLB and injury issues, without injuries probably in tier 1

Tier 2.5

Khalid Kareem
Alton Robinson - Probably a 3-4 OLB

Tier 3
Jonathan Strowbridge
Curtis Weaver
Jabari Zugina
Bradley Anae - Probably a 3-4 OLB
Kenny Willekes

Those are the guys I could see being first 4 rounds with some flex maybes in James Lynch and Nick Coe who is more on the Epenesa/Davidson build, maybe DJ Wonnum who was the DE on Kinlaw's line, the Miami guy I'm blanking on his name has some elite traits and might sneak into the 4th. The Miami guy has a G name I think like Garvin, but it's been a hot minute since I looked at him.

DT

Tier 0
Derrick Brown

Tier 1
Javon Kinlaw

Tier 2
Neville Gallimore
Ross Blacklock

Tier 2.5
Just Madubuike
Jordan Elliott

Tier 3
Raekwon Davis - Kinda AShawn Robinson-y I think there might be an off the field like he was shot in a bar parking lot or something but didn't look much into it his potential was higher than his production though, more 3-4 end though like AShawn... but the Lions took AShawn and put him in a 4-3 so who knows.
Larrell Murchison - This is a guy the Raiders have met with
Davon Hamilton - classic 4-3 NT kinda Jonathan Hankins Pat Sims-y?
Benito Jones - country boy with farm strength
Leki Fotu - classic NT
Rashard Lawrence - classic NT

I think those are the top 4 round talents

LB
Tier 0
Isaiah Simmons

Tier 1
Kenneth Murray
Patrick Queen

Tier 2
Zack Baun
Malik Harrison
Logan Wilson

Tier 2.5
Willie Gay

Tier 3
Jordyn Brooks
Troy Dye
Davion Taylor

Maybe a guy that's not a super athlete but has a good head on his shoulders like Evan Weaver could sneak in or a guy like Justin Strnad who is a bit better in coverage than a guy like Jordyn Brooks but not as great at the rest of it, but I think that's the top 4 rounds guys. Afernee Jennings I think is maybe a LB convert he was more a rush guy, but at the senior bowl I think it was they asked him to be more of a lb I think? So he might be in tier 3, but I don't think he's a prospect for us, maybe Baltimore.

CB

Tier 0
Jeffrey Okudah

Tier 1
CJ Henderson
Kristian Fulton
Jaylon Johnson
AJ Terrell
Jeff Gladney

Tier 2
Damon Arnette
Bryce Hall - zone prospect
Amik Robertson - just short

Tier 2.5
Noah Igbinoghene - all the tools but raw
Trevon Diggs
Cameron Dantzler

Tier 3
Dane Jackson
Michael Ojemudia

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I don’t know if this deal happens or not but I do think it would be a win for both sides. Yannick is one hell of a pass rusher. We blew it by not getting a long term deal done with him. He was a fan favorite before his antics on Twitter. Give him like 55M GTD and reap the benefits.

Why would we give up 19 and pay him 20 per year when we have CF, Maxx and just signed Nassib?  That move makes no sense at all unless we are giving up on one of the 2.  

Is YN a good player yes, did he benefit on playing with very good surrounding talent, yes.  Keep him on your dumpster fire of a roster and have him post 12+ sacks and I'd be much more impressed for the 20 million he'll be asking for.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

The Yannick thing has it's own thread now guys.

Hard, hard pass on 19 for Yannick. We have two really good young EDGE Prospects at the moment. And why trade 19 for Yannick, when we would have to pay him 21M or so, and we didn't wanna pay Mack that? Makes zero sense.

• Like 2