Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think 3 of the 4 certainly will but maybe one of the CBs fall as there's Fulton, Terrell, Johnson and a couple others like Gladney and Diggs who could all be viewed by teams as similar level prospects end of first/ early second.

Everyone says about the depth of the WR class but crikey, this CB class has sone really nice prospects too all the way down into the 3rd or even 4th round. One of these guys I feel us going to fall.

I think we might bypass CB at 19 for Blacklock (just a feeling) and trade up for one into the 2nd, who may drop (like Fulton). 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we might bypass CB at 19 for Blacklock (just a feeling) and trade up for one into the 2nd, who may drop (like Fulton). 

I like Blacklock, but 19 is a bit rich for me and I view Kinlaw as the DT with the highest upside, over Brown even, though he is raw. Wouldn't be unhappy with Blacklock and Fulton as I do like both but I'd kind of feel like we got leftovers after Kinlaw and Johnson/Terrell.

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I like Blacklock, but 19 is a bit rich for me and I view Kinlaw as the DT with the highest upside, over Brown even, though he is raw. Wouldn't be unhappy with Blacklock and Fulton as I do like both but I'd kind of feel like we got leftovers after Kinlaw and Johnson/Terrell.

I don't think Kinlaw will be there at 19 and it seems like Vic has some inside info on why we'll pass on him. I don't even think he's a bad pick at 12, as I really like his upside, but for some reason the staff is tied to blacklock and I can weirdly see it happening at 19. Don't ask me why, it's not what I'd do.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Interesting.  

When I look at top 100 lists, there's guys there in the 3rd round I like at spots we might be looking at.  It would take a really good player in the 2nd round for me to give two 3rd for.  

Let's go to the value chart!  https://www.draftblaster.com/nfl-draft-trade-value-chart

91+80 gets us to end of the 2nd round.  I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.  Doesn't seem Mayock-esque. 

The scenarios that are a lot more appealing to me are:  

• Small trade down from 19, staying in the 20's, adding a 3rd, or even a 4 and a 5.  To me, this is more likely if we somehow got Henderson at 12.  If we took a WR at 12, and wanted to go CB, I'd rather stay put, and get the guy we wanted at CB, rather than risk it. I'd rather roll the dice settling for a Mims or Reagor, or Pittman, rather than hoping Terrell or Jaylon falls, and getting sniped. 
  • Small trade down in 3rd, grabbing a 4 and a 6, etc.
  • Tua is there at 12, the team makes a big move. Fill in your dream scenario.
  • Last of the big OT is there at 12, Raiders get a 2nd rounder to move down.

When the run on OTs happens, it seems possible a team makes a move for that 4th guy. 

If not Tua, or Henderson, or an OT, I don't think someone is dying to get to 12 specifically.  

I want to stay put at #12, mainly because the true 1st rounders look like they gonna dry up around 15/16. Feels like there is a tier there.

#19? I'll drop right into the 2nd round if someone has Jordan man-Love.  

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He got a new twitter 

Raidersvcotto

Interesting... I was curious what happened to him. I gave him a follow, then decided better to just look him up from time to time lol. Dude is a trash human, angry at the world lol. Knows some stuff though

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think Kinlaw will be there at 19 and it seems like Vic has some inside info on why we'll pass on him. I don't even think he's a bad pick at 12, as I really like his upside, but for some reason the staff is tied to blacklock and I can weirdly see it happening at 19. Don't ask me why, it's not what I'd do.

Well I'm not sure about Blacklock but I can definitely see Lamb, Ruggs and Terrell being guys we really like. There's so much information and misinformation this time of year its hard to decipher what is a smoke screen and what isn't! 

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

This is what I am fearing. Gruden pulling the Al Davis... GM, scouts all like Lamb and Gruden thinks he's getting Tyreek Hill in Ruggs and overrules them.

As much as we like Mayock, we know who makes the final decisions in Vegas.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Imagine trading Khalil Mack only to trade one of the picks you got for Mack for a worse player and then paying him just as much. 

Everyone here needs to get over the Mack trade. Things are done in a vacuum and it's pointless to compare these things. Seasons change, needs change, etc.

The Raiders play the best offense in the NFL twice a year. They need to apply better pressure in the front 7. Crosby, nice rookie year... can he be consistent. Ferrell... will he improve? Nassib... he's a run stopper mainly. Acting like the Raiders fixed their pass rush issues is misguided. They still suck a great deal at consistently creating pressure.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

that’s a crazy stat,,, well I guess he had a lot of long yac runs cuz his catch to TD ratio is very high 

He can't track the ball deep. That is not his strong point. That is why I don't get the hype around him as a top 25 pick. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Everyone here needs to get over the Mack trade. Things are done in a vacuum and it's pointless to compare these things. Seasons change, needs change, etc.

The Raiders play the best offense in the NFL twice a year. They need to apply better pressure in the front 7. Crosby, nice rookie year... can he be consistent. Ferrell... will he improve? Nassib... he's a run stopper mainly. Acting like the Raiders fixed their pass rush issues is misguided. They still suck a great deal at consistently creating pressure.

Also: Adding to a strength is a proven method of success. Having Tyreek didn't make the Chiefs pass on Mecole, and it helped make the passing game so scary, they won the big one with an average defense. Adding more pass rush to the line is a fine with me. 

I am all for improving the defense, even trading for Yannick. But if no one else gives a 1st, I don't want to.  It has to be a 2nd rounder at least. In theory, they would get a 3rd comp pick after he leaves next year. But that's a 2022 pick, FWIW, at best.  

Two big things to me: Raiders aren't desperate to add a DE, Jags NEED to get rid of this guy. And second: Jags are run by clowns, we cannot get taken in a trade with them. 

Jags wanna move up from #42 to #19? That's a mid 2nd round value. I do that right now. 

• Like 1