Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I want to like Terrell as much as Henderson but I don’t: Feels like Terrell a reach at 19 and would rather have Henderson at 12 

There is a ton of buzz about Terell on Twitter. Top 20 seems likely, if you go by that.

Which frankly, isn't worth much.  

There's going to be a run on OL today, and not too many are talking about it. But it's almost as strong as this WR class, at least in the first few rounds. Wouldn't surprise me if there are more tackles taken in the top 15 than WRs or QBs, including trade ups to get some. Which is just going to benefit us if we keep our picks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

There's going to be a run on OL today, and not too many are talking about it. But it's almost as strong as this WR class, at least in the first few rounds. Wouldn't surprise me if there are more tackles taken in the top 15 than WRs or QBs, including trade ups to get some. Which is just going to benefit us if we keep our picks.

Agreed, the OT class is crazy. 7 go in the 1st Round IMO. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I wonder if we trade 19 for Yannick and then end up selecting Blacklock at 12 to build a bully defensive line, which fans/media will see as two DL reaches two years in a row. Although at the end of the day, we don’t know how players are ranked on any board. Perhaps 49ers are eyeing Blacklock at 13 who just lost Buckner. 

If Yannick-Blacklock-Ferrell-Hurst-Maxx becomes a Top 3 DL, could be very worth it. 

I’m just not sure where Ferrell goes in the lineup in this shuffle. 

Very on brand for you...... the ol' "let's not help the QB" approach. 

Then we can listen to you cry about Carr all season......hard pass 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

19 LV A.J. Terrell CB Clemson
34 LV Michael Pittman Jr. WR USC
44 LV Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma
80 LV Amik Robertson CB Louisiana Tech
87 LV Antonio Gibson RB Memphis
91 LV Damien Lewis G LSU
98 LV Lynn Bowden Jr. WR Kentucky
121 LV Davion Taylor LB Colorado
159 LV Julian Blackmon S Utah
193 LV Jason Strowbridge DI North Carolina

Since no one asked, here's a mock I did using PFF.  Traded 12 (all WRs gone, as well as Henderson!) to IND for Herbert. 34/44 plus, and another small trade down.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Very on brand for you you...... the ol' "let's not help the QB" approach. 

Then we can listen to you cry about Carr all season......hard pass 

Ok conspiracy theorist. Let’s clog up both threads now because you literally can’t stop your obsession with me. Everything is some grand conspiracy, or some evil plot. 

In no way in my post did I say that’s what I would personally do. Because I wouldn’t do that. I’m trying to think what might happen. 

Have you seen my realistic big board at 12 on Page 2?

1) Jeudy

2) Ruggs

3) Kinlaw

4) Lamb

3 WRs. 

Tired of your lies and conspiracy theories that I want Carr to fail. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

NFL store seems to have draft hats for every team except the raiders! What the hell!!

This points to the possibility that the Raiders were gonna launch new gear at the draft but the Covid nonsense threw a wrench in that and it was too late to get the supplies and rights back the the NFL for roll out.