Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

Maybe that's what our actual offer is. Could we use more pass rushers? Yes. But we don't need to give up a first for one. Idk if moving Gabe would give us enough space. Almost seems like we would need to move Carr.

Does Yannick even start for us? I don't know enough about him. Looking at his size, could he play SAM? Kind of a Bruce Irvin type is what I am thinking. Gruden and Mayock come from that eagles background where they value depth on the dline. If our guys are constantly chasing Mahomes, we need to rotate them. I'm not supporting the move, just trying to rationalize it.

5 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Maybe that's what our actual offer is. Could we use more pass rushers? Yes. But we don't need to give up a first for one. Idk if moving Gabe would give us enough space. Almost seems like we would need to move Carr.

Does Yannick even start for us? I don't know enough about him. Looking at his size, could he play SAM? Kind of a Bruce Irvin type is what I am thinking. Gruden and Mayock come from that eagles background where they value depth on the dline. If our guys are constantly chasing Mahomes, we need to rotate them. I'm not supporting the move, just trying to rationalize it.

1st and 10, a TE or two on the field, Yannick will not be there over Cle or Maxx.  

Probably play 50% of snaps. That's not an indictment. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think Kinlaw will be there at 19 and it seems like Vic has some inside info on why we'll pass on him. I don't even think he's a bad pick at 12, as I really like his upside, but for some reason the staff is tied to blacklock and I can weirdly see it happening at 19. Don't ask me why, it's not what I'd do.

Because he’s a prototypical 3T in a 4-3 that has insane bull rush and lightning quick first step. He always got off his block one-on-one in college and even tons of double teams. I feel Blacklocks hype should be closer to Kinlaws but he didn’t finish enough plays to warrant media/fan hype. 

However, perfect time to get a 1st Round DL with Rod coming to town. 

With that said, still prefer Jaylon Johnson at 19, but Blacklock is my second choice. 

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

1st and 10, a TE or two on the field, Yannick will not be there over Cle or Maxx.  

Probably play 50% of snaps. That's not an indictment. 

I think he can play more than 50% since base D isn't used that much but that means Ferrell and/or Nassib aren't playing much outside of the base.

51 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Final guesses for the 1st Round:

12: Lamb

19: Murray

We get our #1 WR and a new Leader on Defense 

This is what I've wanted from start, then we signed LBS and I almost changed my mind. But I'm with this 100%

Murray is one guy no one has said anything bad about. 

Also what if raiders don't even take a WR? CB and LB first round. Then trade into 2nd and take WR and double up in the 4th. 

One thing I would love to see added is another mismatch player on offense.  

whether it's a Chase Claypool, Lynn Bowden, Antonio Gibson, I would very much like to see players that are difficult to scheme against. 

Just one guy.

Can I see what taking CeeDee and Gibson would look like?  3rd and 4, team rolls out with Tyrell and CeeDee outside, and Waller and Witten in double tight, and Gibson in the backfield. Running set, right?  Waller splits out wide, CeeDee goes into the slot. Gibson motion to the slot.  Can I see what that looks like please???  B|

Just now, BayRaider said:

I would take Isaiah Simmons all day over the 3 WRs. But yes, Murray over any of those 3 would be laughably bad. 

I'd have to be convinced that Simmons would be a consistent 7-10 per year sack guy to take him over a guy like Lamb. 

Im not convinced a guy like Pauly G can utilize all of Simmon's gifts.

3 minutes ago, massraider said:

One thing I would love to see added is another mismatch player on offense.  

whether it's a Chase Claypool, Lynn Bowden, Antonio Gibson, I would very much like to see players that are difficult to scheme against. 

Just one guy.

Can I see what taking CeeDee and Gibson would look like?  3rd and 4, team rolls out with Tyrell and CeeDee outside, and Waller and Witten in double tight, and Gibson in the backfield. Running set, right?  Waller splits out wide, CeeDee goes into the slot. Gibson motion to the slot.  Can I see what that looks like please???  B|

I’m all for Antonio Gibson, he would be really nice in the 3rd. Imagine Ceedee, Waller, Williams, Jacobs , and Gibson all on the field. Would be scary 

I wonder if we trade 19 for Yannick and then end up selecting Blacklock at 12 to build a bully defensive line, which fans/media will see as two DL reaches two years in a row. Although at the end of the day, we don’t know how players are ranked on any board. Perhaps 49ers are eyeing Blacklock at 13 who just lost Buckner. 

If Yannick-Blacklock-Ferrell-Hurst-Maxx becomes a Top 3 DL, could be very worth it. 

I’m just not sure where Ferrell goes in the lineup in this shuffle.