Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

that’s a crazy stat,,, well I guess he had a lot of long yac runs cuz his catch to TD ratio is very high 

That actually makes me feel a little bit better about Ruggs. I think everyone wants to pigeon hole him as strictly a deep threat because of his speed. But this shows that he was breaking big plays after the catch. 

• Like 1

Funny story.  I told my wife a few months ago she could take a trip to Hawaii this weekend because I was going to finally take the weekend off and go to the draft.  Then Covid-19 hits.  Prices for her trip plummet and it looks like I might be able to go to Vegas.  Then stuff gets real bad and neither of us get to go.  Then my work gets shutdown and I say to myself as long as I get to watch the draft I will not let it bother me.  The lock down in Cali gets extended and I will get to watch it finally.  I got a phone call yesterday from from a contractor for SoCal Edison yesterday and he wants to hire me.  I have been trying to get in there for a couple years.  This weekend is going to be great.  I ask when he wants me to start and he says Thursday because someone is leaving on Friday and I have to train with them.  For about 5 seconds I thought about saying no.  Then I thought about my family and said yes.  I went in today to fill out paperwork 45 minutes and watch 3 and half hours of videos.  They told me all the stuff I needed to get and it hits me that there is no way I can get everything they need tonight so say to myself I can probably get them to push my start date out a day or two.  HR tells me I have a week to get everything and not to worry about it.  Just twisted the knife.  So at the end I ask who do I have to report to tomorrow and she says because of the virus she will not be ready for my orientation until Friday at the earliest.  My wife just laughed at my roller-coaster ride of a day and then realized I will be taking over the living room for 3 days while she can not leave.  She could have been quarantined in Hawaii.  Jokes on her.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Im new to Twitter.... how does twitter know the pick before it’s announced on TV? It’s not like their on a long delay and people at the draft are tweeting out the picks.... or is it?

Same thing as TV 4-5 years ago. Before Roger announces the pick, everyone knows what the pick is because of phone calls, social media. It’s only about 3-5 minutes before the pick, but it completely ruins the experience. NFL and ESPN use to spoil the pick this way but they stopped doing it like 4-5 years ago. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who do you want at 12 and 19?  I would be happy with a solid WR/CB combo.  Whoever the players are I want them to be ballers. 

Simmons is my first choice at 12... I love the news he’s suppose to go 7-12.... I have a bit more Hope now, but not a ton... then CeeDee Lamb.... anything else and I’m livid.

at 19.... I’m resigned to the fact that’s not our spot.  We gotta move.  I’d be okay with Henderson (I hate his lack of hitting but he can cover and since 19 isn’t an ideal spot I could bite my lip).... anything else and I’m mad again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Same thing as TV 4-5 years ago. Before Roger announces the pick, everyone knows what the pick is because of phone calls, social media. It’s only about 3-5 minutes before the pick, but it completely ruins the experience. NFL and ESPN use to spoil the pick this way but they stopped doing it like 4-5 years ago. 

Oh I was locked up when it happened I think.  Do they ever get the pick wrong lol?

the agents and players post it?  Who else has the info before it’s released?  I’m gonna have to make Twitter friends now lol

i remember when they’d show the players at the green table taking phone calls before it was announced but that was only one year and only the green room people 

Edited by jimkelly02

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Oh I was locked up when it happened I think.  Do they ever get the pick wrong lol?

the agents and players post it?  Who else has the info before it’s released?  I’m gonna have to make Twitter friends now lol

i remember when they’d show the players at the green table taking phone calls before it was announced but that was only one year and only the green room people 

The phone call thing is basically what I’m talking about TV wise. That happened every year until fans complained like 5 years ago. 

As for Twitter, agents, family, etc, it gets leaked before Goodell goes to the podium literally every pick. Even if it’s 30 seconds, I don’t wanna know. I want to know when Goodell announces the pick. 

Edited by BayRaider

Charlie Campbells Final Mock is out. This guy is Media Mock Draft Champion three years in a row: 2017 (11/32), 2018 (10/32), and 2019 (10/32). 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020charlie.php

- He has the Raiders getting Henry Ruggs III at 12 (over Jeudy)

- He has Isaiah Simmons falling to 15 to the Broncos

- He has the Raiders trading 19 to the Jaguars for Yannick. 

If this is how draft day unfolds, perhaps I should find a new hobby.... (kidding, if I can survive the Al Davis Late-Years, I can survive anything)

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Charlie Campbells Final Mock is out. This guy is Media Mock Draft Champion three years in a row: 2017 (11/32), 2018 (10/32), and 2019 (10/32). 

If this is how draft day unfolds, perhaps I should find a new hobby.... (kidding, if I can survive the Al Davis Late-Years, I can survive anything)

I’d lose my mind if Mayock passes on Simmons for Ruggs and trades 19 for Yannik.  I’m as loyal a Raider fan as they come, I’d never switch teams but I guarantee you one thing... I’d stop posting on here and prolly only watch a few games a year when board.  That would be insane to do!

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d lose my mind if Mayock passes on Simmons for Ruggs and trades 19 for Yannik.  I’m as loyal a Raider fan as they come, I’d never switch teams but I guarantee you one thing... I’d stop posting on here and prolly only watch a few games a year when board.  That would be insane to do!

well I’d make one more post to laugh at BR that Love fell to the last pick in 2nd round.

I think Charlie’s lost his edge.... or maybe he’s trying to hard to find it 

54 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Im new to Twitter.... how does twitter know the pick before it’s announced on TV? It’s not like their on a long delay and people at the draft are tweeting out the picks.... or is it?

There is about a 2 minute or so delay so beat writers tweet out the pick, then people run in here and post it here before we see it on tv..

46 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

No they are watching and tweeting in real time when we see the pick on TV it's already happened.

• Like 1