Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on what I've read and seen I'd say there is a pretty significant drop off after the top 10, maybe 11 WR's in the class. 

Tier 1 

• Jerry Jeudy 

• CeeDee Lamb

• Henry Ruggs

Tier 2 

• Justin Jefferson

• Denzel Mims

• Jalen Reagor

• Tee Higgins

• Brandon Aiyuk

Tier 3 

• Michael Pittman Jr

• KJ Hamler 

I'd say there's a pretty significant drop off after Hamler down to guys like Bryan Edwards, Van Jefferson, etc. 

Laviska Shenault
Chase Claypool

Edited by Trojan

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It appears that we will go Wr at 12.  There is a chance it's a CB and a smaller chance it's a DL.  We have so much draft capital i feel like we will make a move at some point and not stay with our current picks.  I would not be shocked at a trade up or back in the 1st or a package deal of 2 of our 3rd to move up to the 50's for a player we want.  I can't wait for tomorrow. 

I'm hoping for a WR at #12. But with Vic's latest prediction and Cotto's rumor I'm fully prepared for CJ Henderson to be the pick at #12 if he's on the board. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The draft network is like a glorified football's future. Just a bunch of kids with journalism degrees that have never played football in their life. 

Daniel Jeremiah has Pittman at #48, Dane Brugler has him at #50, and PFF has him at #22. There have also been reports that teams are a lot higher on him than the media. 

You are what exactly?  Your knowledge is superior enough to guarantee a Wr outside of your top 10 will not pose better value than any Wr inside your top 10.  That is straight up insane LOL 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm hoping for a WR at #12. But with Vic's latest prediction and Cotto's rumor I'm fully prepared for CJ Henderson to be the pick at #12 if he's on the board. 

As much as I think Henderson is soft, he's still 1000 times better than Trevon Diggs. Please god I hope we don't touch that guy. So many people at PFF literally talking out of their *** when talking about Diggs.

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

You are what exactly?  Your knowledge is superior enough to guarantee a Wr outside of your top 10 will not pose better value than any Wr inside your top 10.  That is straight up insane LOL 

He has a right to his opinion. There will be a dropoff at some point at all positions.

He is certainly getting hype right now but as many have pointed out his tackling skills are shotty at best.  If Mayock likes him I'll be all on board but I am not convinced he will.  

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as I think Henderson is soft, he's still 1000 times better than Trevon Diggs. Please god I hope we don't touch that guy. So many people at PFF literally talking out of their *** when talking about Diggs.

As I said on my big board post on Page 2, not touching Diggs at 19 is literally my only request. Anything else I will trust them in fully. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He has a right to his opinion. There will be a dropoff at some point at all positions.

While I agree it was phrased as it was definitive which I don't understand.  I am perplexed as to how someone can make a statement like that and I wanted clarification how how he was taking such a hard stance as he may have some insight that I have not been able to clearly see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Daniel Jeremiah has 1st or 2nd round grades on the 11 WR's I mentioned. None on any other WR in the class. 

Dane Brugler has 1st or 2nd round grades on the 11 WR's I mentioned. Only other WR with a 2nd round grade is Chase Claypool who's probably a TE convert. 

CBS Sports has 1st or 2nd round grades on 10 WR's I mentioned. With KJ Hamler receiving their highest 3rd round grade. None on any other WR in the class. 

So in my opinion there does seem to be a consensus top 10 or 11 guys and then a drop off after that. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Someone do DE / DT / LB / CB tiers. I haven’t really followed DL as intense  

CB is hard to gauge this year because after the top 2 it seems like every media guy has different rankings and according to reports teams have very different preferences. 

Totally spaced on Shenault, definitely in tier 2 IMO. Chase Claypool is likely going to move to TE. 

I think Claypool can stick at WR, but I could see a TE switch. I think he's a potential Vincent Jackson though.