Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

19 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

consider the source but would you be happy giving up 19 for Ngakoue?

pretty upset, maybe if they got the numbers backwards and it was pick 91. Still how are we paying for Yannick? Are we giving you Gabe too? Maybe Gabe straight up, and you cut AJ CAnn or something but that's some nonsense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why would we give up 19 and pay him 20 per year when we have CF, Maxx and just signed Nassib?  That move makes no sense at all unless we are giving up on one of the 2.  

Is YN a good player yes, did he benefit on playing with very good surrounding talent, yes.  Heep him on your dumpster fire of a roster and have him post 12+ sacks and I's be more inclined to make the move.  

He's a hell of a player but it's bad resource allocation. We have invested picks and money at edge. If we were doing this trade for Bucker as opposed to Ngakoue, it would have made a lot more sense in theory.

Looking at the corners and safeties from McGinn's new article, Burgess in the 3rd/4th is nice. Julian Blackmon as an ACL stash is nice in the 5th or beyond because he has starting free safety potential. Reggie Robinson in the 4th would be a good gamble, or maybe even at 90.

Just now, Trojan said:

pretty upset, maybe if they got the numbers backwards and it was pick 91. Still how are we paying for Yannick? Are we giving you Gabe too? Maybe Gabe straight up, and you cut AJ CAnn or something but that's some nonsense.

Gabe and 80 for Yannick I do all day. But 19... I will have lost faith in the Mayock/Gruden regime.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's a hell of a player but it's bad resource allocation. We have invested picks and money at edge. If we were doing this trade for Bucker as opposed to Ngakoue, it would have made a lot more sense in theory.

Looking at the corners and safeties from McGinn's new article, Burgess in the 3rd/4th is nice. Julian Blackmon as an ACL stash is nice in the 5th or beyond because he has starting free safety potential. Reggie Robinson in the 4th would be a good gamble, or maybe even at 90.

I'm not doubting for one second that he is not a good player as he has shown that he is.  If we get him and pay him 20 per who is he taking off the field?  CF or Maxx and that hefty price tag....  I just dont see it bc of the money he will ask for on his new contract. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not doubting for one second that he is not a good player as he has shown that he is.  If we get him and pay him 20 per who is he taking off the field?  CF or Maxx and that hefty price tag....  I just dont see it bc of the money he will ask for on his new contract. 

Imagine trading Khalil Mack only to trade one of the picks you got for Mack for a worse player and then paying him just as much. 

• Like 2

Day 1 Raider Big Board Peojections

1. Jeffery Okudah
2. Chase Young
3. Derrick Brown
4. Isaiah Simmons
5. Joe Burrow
6. CeeDee Lamb
7. Jerry Juedy
8. Javon Kinlaw
9. Henry Ruggs III
10. Trevon Diggs
11. Patrick Queen
12. A.J. Terrell
13. Grant Delpit
14. C.J. Henderson
15. A.J. Espensa
16. Zack Baun
17. Jalen Raeger
18. Kenneth Murray
19. Jaylon Johnson
20. Laviska Shenault

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Day 1 Raider Big Board Peojections

1. Jeffery Okudah
2. Chase Young
3. Derrick Brown
4. Isaiah Simmons
5. Joe Burrow
6. CeeDee Lamb
7. Jerry Juedy
8. Javon Kinlaw
9. Henry Ruggs III
10. Trevon Diggs
11. Patrick Queen
12. A.J. Terrell
13. Grant Delpit
14. C.J. Henderson
15. A.J. Espensa
16. Zack Baun
17. Jalen Raeger
18. Kenneth Murray
19. Jaylon Johnson
20. Laviska Shenault

post it up in the big board thread so it doesn't get lost

I love when other teams fans come over to our forum and look for us to agree with them on taking their problems off their hands.  Little do they know that we won't just fall for sexy names like uneducated fans, we look at the big picture which includes that 20+ million YN will ask for making the deal seem foolish considering the capital we have invested in our DE's

We are clearly the most educated forum on here as we have some great insight and banter back and forth.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I love when other teams fans come over to our forum and look for us to agree with them on taking their problems off their hands.  Little do they know that we won't just fall for sexy names like uneducated fans, we look at the big picture which includes that 20+ million YN will ask for making the deal seem foolish considering the capital we have invested in our DE's

We are clearly the most educated forum on here as we have some great insight and banter back and forth.  

We passed on trading a 3rd/5th for Darius Slay because we didn't want to give up the draft capital or pay him. And we're going to give up #19 to Yannick and pay him $20M+ lmao.

• Like 1