37 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Josh Jones
    • Kevin King
    • Ty Montgomery

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Don't know why we don't always go to the quick passing game, last time we played chicago thursday night we ate them alive with it.

True words ... not sure why they get away from it so often?  I know they want explosive plays against their opponent, but a little more adherence to the WCO and they probably wouldn't be struggling so much in the 1st half of games. 

13 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I was unlucky enough to have a ref question whether I was wearing a tailbone pad, so he called all the other refs over to prod the area until they were satisfied that I was wearing one (they never actually asked me if I was or not)

There are no therapist's in here my friend

54 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

True words ... not sure why they get away from it so often?  I know they want explosive plays against their opponent, but a little more adherence to the WCO and they probably wouldn't be struggling so much in the 1st half of games. 

AR is that reason we all know it. We love him for it but he never looks at the underneath stuff until he absolutely has to. He always looks downfield for the bigger play. It's so strange to as when he takes the quick stuff and we move the chains over and over he's been unstoppable. Further he saves himself harmless from the big hits, and that like a ground game starts to bring those safeties up a bit. Sometimes AR is his own worst enemy. Just my thoughts on this subject. Would like to see us do this move the chains get first downs and slow down that Dline.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I heard there was a section of fans trying to start the wave at the Cincy game while we were down 21-7. Smh. Hopefully they are the ones who start boycotting future games.

What the fans can't have fun or try to spur some fan action when the team is losing. No offense meant to you, it likely wouldn't be my thing either but what's the big deal, better than just sitting there or booing.

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

AR is that reason we all know it. We love him for it but he never looks at the underneath stuff until he absolutely has to. He always looks downfield for the bigger play. It's so strange to as when he takes the quick stuff and we move the chains over and over he's been unstoppable. Further he saves himself harmless from the big hits, and that like a ground game starts to bring those safeties up a bit. Sometimes AR is his own worst enemy. Just my thoughts on this subject. Would like to see us do this move the chains get first downs and slow down that Dline.

With the state of our O line Aaron might have to change his ways and go for the quick stuff underneath - if our receivers can get open quick enough.  I often wonder if AR is holding onto the ball so long because our guys struggle to get open...   

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

With the state of our O line Aaron might have to change his ways and go for the quick stuff underneath - if our receivers can get open quick enough.  I often wonder if AR is holding onto the ball so long because our guys struggle to get open...   

Yeah he will have to adjust or suffer some big hits as a result.

We hear the WR separation comments every year. What i find interesting is that in the 4th QT and OT we rarely threw the ball to the middle of the field. Seemed everything was sideline routes. I believe thsi limits our guys to getting open in certain ways only. Adams tends to be very quick off the line on slants and short routes and Monty is murder in the short open field. Often the dump off valve guy RB or short route is there for a bit but if AR takes to long well it's going to go away. Short throws can sometimes be contested and are often about the placement of the throw and body position, to me maybe AR prefers to take the surer things downfield as it's less risky to the stat line:)

No knock on AR though it's what he is, but at times if he could temper his desire for the long ball and save it until after we've softened up a D a bit i think he'd be even more successful.

50 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It isn't just Aaron, Pugger.

In some games and in some instances, there are guys sitting about 5 yards from the LOS wide open just staring at him.  And he refuses to throw them the ball.  Eyes downfield looking for the big hitter.

Other time I'd seen the D man up everyone.  And our ideas on beating man coverage is to run right at the defender and make a move.  1:1 stuff.  No real thought or philosophy behind the play, just depending on the receiver to beat his man.  That is the one that we fail at miserably.

Some of it is Rodgers.  Some of it is athletic ability at the skill positions.  Some of it is offensive scheme.

I haven't done it yet, but I'm tempted to put on the 2010 Super Bowl and check out the offense.  I'm guessing I'd see more precision plays.  More plays with philosophies embedded into them.  Timing routes.  Not all of this sandlot garbage offense we've been relying on lately.  

The issue is we are the Seahawks defense... on offense. Bare bones, everyone knows what we do, how we do it. Which can be amazing if the execution is high, all the time. Back shoulder throws can't be defended, just can't... if your QB and WR execute it.

Simms and Lefkoe on their podcast discuss this all the time. They love Aaron, think he is the great QB, period. But Simms always looks at the tape and says they do nothing to help the offense get going. Sure there are designed plays... every team has them, but the most part it's based on simple route concepts and just Aaron and the WRs being better then the defense they are going against.

It's why McCarthy harps fundamentals. Run the route like you should and with good fundamentals... you'll get open.

25 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Leaving for Lambeau shortly, totally stoked for the cross-country trip to mecca

I'll leave you guys in charge of educating Aaron Rodgers on how to play winning football in the NFL...:D

Go Packers..... and yes, the bears still suck.

Good luck, have fun. Cheer loud. And when you see AR tell him to check his inbox as a few of us sent him some advice/tips to help get him get going this week:D

37 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It isn't just Aaron, Pugger.

In some games and in some instances, there are guys sitting about 5 yards from the LOS wide open just staring at him.  And he refuses to throw them the ball.  Eyes downfield looking for the big hitter.

Other time I'd seen the D man up everyone.  And our ideas on beating man coverage is to run right at the defender and make a move.  1:1 stuff.  No real thought or philosophy behind the play, just depending on the receiver to beat his man.  That is the one that we fail at miserably.

Some of it is Rodgers.  Some of it is athletic ability at the skill positions.  Some of it is offensive scheme.

I haven't done it yet, but I'm tempted to put on the 2010 Super Bowl and check out the offense.  I'm guessing I'd see more precision plays.  More plays with philosophies embedded into them.  Timing routes.  Not all of this sandlot garbage offense we've been relying on lately.  

Just now, PACKRULE said:

One thing you will see is a bit better use of the middle of the field in 2010 ask Greg Jennings!

Archived