Pick #12 is in: WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

he's nowhere near as shifty as Tyreek, he's much more of a track runner. go straight really fast. dont see him really juke guys out of their shoes. similarly, you dont see twitchiness in his route running.

what i do like is that he can go get a contested ball and has good hands. i think the brandin cooks comparison is apt

Edited by Turnobili

I see a lot of Desean Jackson when I watch him. But more physical before and after the catch. 

I don't think Hill is the best comparison and agree he isn't as shifty, but I think he looks incredibly explosive and fast. He so easily pulls away from defenders it's ridiculous. He consistently outruns guys who have the angle on him. That's what reminds me so much of Jackson. Jackson wasn't/isn't the shiftiest guy, but he constantly just outran everyone. One missed tackle or false step and he would take it to the house. It's the same with Ruggs. I just think Ruggs is a little more physical thus making him a little better with contested catch abilities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

he's nowhere near as shifty as Tyreek, he's much more of a track runner. go straight really fast. dont see him really juke guys out of their shoes. similarly, you dont see twitchiness in his route running.

what i do like is that he can go get a contested ball and has good hands. i think the brandin cooks comparison is apt

Brandin Cook is not a contested catch guy tho. In terms of being a bit more "linear" I agree.

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Don’t see twitchiness in his routes? And then you compare him to Cooks? 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, Turnobili said:

He forced 19 missed tackles on 98 career receptions and was one of only 3 WR's in the class to average 10+ yards after the catch. 

On 5/15/2020 at 6:12 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Not social distancing in the least but he's putting that work in.

Based on reports about him from Alabama and watching more about his life in the pre-draft video series. He seems like a guy that's going to work extremely hard. 

• 2 months later...