Pick #12 is in: WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Further translation:

Gruden/Mayock let staff think Lamb was their guy. 

To the point they were in constant contact with him.  He said it in an interview before the draft.  "Gruden is my dog" kid got played by a master.  Lol

On 4/23/2020 at 8:54 PM, roi34 said:

Dhb was a known unpolished wr with drop problems. He averaged 3 drops a game, ruggs has 3 drops his whole career.

Unless he could jump and catch the ball in his gut DHB rarely stretched out and grabbed the ball just a really frustrating talent issue. He was ok after the catch and even did pretty well at it sometimes but if he could have ever developed his range who knows.

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are peoples thoughts about Ruggs being a KR like Gruden pointed to? Personally that scares the crap out of me. No doubt he would be an absolute weapon back there but I prefer he perfects the craft of a WR and limit the chances of getting smacked around.

exactly, don't complicate things like they did with Ferrell. Let Ruggs try to focus on being a WR1

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are peoples thoughts about Ruggs being a KR like Gruden pointed to? Personally that scares the crap out of me. No doubt he would be an absolute weapon back there but I prefer he perfects the craft of a WR and limit the chances of getting smacked around.

He got 20 on the Wonderlic, this ain't no Jerry Jeudy ova here.

Ruggs is a freakin rocket scientist, I think he can handle the play call where they tell him to catch the KO, and run to the other end zone.  ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Get the ball in his hands as much as possible. Not many returnable kicks anymore reduces the risk. Virtually no impact on him learning the WR position either. An extra touch or two per game in the return game for Ruggs is fine by me.

Use your weapons, scared money dont make money

• Like 2