Pick #12 is in: WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

30 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Not sure if it’s been posted but this interview with Reggie Bush is great. Ruggs turns it around and asks questions to Reggie. You can tell he’s just soaking it up. 

This is why I wanted ruggs over juedy and had him #2.

Personality is there, bright kid. Seems like perfectionist. Juedy was very bleh in interviews and his skill set to me is pretty normal. He'll be good but prob between ridley and Cooper.

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time imagining Renfrow seeing the field much in 2020. Between Ruggs, Bowden, and the glut of tight ends on the roster, I imagine there won't be a lot of snaps in the slot for Renfrow to take.

I think this is a good thing as I look at Renfrow as more of a WR 3/4 than the WR 2/3 he was last season. 

55 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm having a hard time imagining Renfrow seeing the field much in 2020. Between Ruggs, Bowden, and the glut of tight ends on the roster, I imagine there won't be a lot of snaps in the slot for Renfrow to take.

I think this is a good thing as I look at Renfrow as more of a WR 3/4 than the WR 2/3 he was last season. 

I think he'll play a ton this year. He played like roughly 50% of our offensive snaps last year in the 13 games he played and had like 500 yards over the last 7 games of the season. According to Mayock they're going to use Bowden out of the backfield more often than not. 

I'm assuming the WR depth chart will be: 

WR1: Ruggs

WR2: Williams

WR3 (Slot): Renfrow

WR4: Nelson Agholor 

WR5: Bryan Edwards

WR6/RB: Lynn Bowden 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think he'll play a ton this year. He played like roughly 50% of our offensive snaps last year in the 13 games he played and had like 500 yards over the last 7 games of the season. According to Mayock they're going to use Bowden out of the backfield more often than not. 

I'm assuming the WR depth chart will be: 

WR1: Ruggs

WR2: Williams

WR3 (Slot): Renfrow

WR4: Nelson Agholor 

WR5: Bryan Edwards

WR6/RB: Lynn Bowden 

Ruggs, Williams, Edwards, and Bowden are all more talented than Renfrow. I know Bowden is listed as a RB and Mayock talked about him in that role, I really think he'll settle in more in that "joker" role Mayock mentioned in Gruden's offense. This is how I see it:

X: Williams, Edwards

Y: Ruggs/Renfrow/Waller/Bowden depending on the formation/playcall

Z: Ruggs, Edwards, Agholor

The team was forced to put Renfrow in a bigger role than he should be in. He's a good player and he will make the roster. But I don't think he'll have a bigger role in 2020 than he did in 2019.

Edited by Rich7sena

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

something to be said for chemistry, DC clearly looks Renforws way, he probably wont get as many targets but Renfrow will definitely be involved. 

He does, but I think a lot of that is Renfrow was one the only competent receiver the Raiders had--especially when Williams got injured. I imagine Carr could build similar chemistry with Ruggs and Edwards. I think Carr and Edwards' games mesh particularly well.

47 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Ruggs, Williams, Edwards, and Bowden are all more talented than Renfrow.

I’m no Renfrow lover but it’s not about who is more talented with him.  He’s just more productive than other slot WRs.  There’s all ways a role for clutch hands and precise routes.

• Like 3