Niners traded up for Brandon Aiyuk at 25 WR

49erurtaza

This makes me feel REALLY good and absolutely excited about our 1st round wide reciever: https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/136597-steve-smith-called-rookie-brandon-open-field-nightmare-before/

Ladies and gentlemen, according to Steve Smith, former WR we have obtained 

"... an open-field nightmare when he gets the ball in his hands."

Image result for devilish looking emoji

• Like 2

Hoping so. I had Aiyuk lumped in with other #31 guys like this guy below, so I'm happy he's a 49er. 

I still made a frown face when I read this:

Coach Frank Reich revealed the Colts view second-round pick Michael Pittman as the team's "X" receiver.

"We believe he can develop into that pretty quickly," Reich added. There are many variations and formations, but in its simplest form the "X" receiver is the player you trust most to win in isolated one on one coverage on the weak side of the formation. In that case, he would not have the benefit of motion and could be jammed in press at the line of scrimmage. That's quite a role for a rookie to fill, but the team clearly has plenty of belief in Pittman's talents.

SOURCE: 1075 The Fan

May 4, 2020, 2:19 PM ET

.. but I guess Kyle loves himself that YAC/Deebo guy far more than forcing a more pure X receiver type. I think we added a good WR, and there's reason for optimism with he and other roster guys coming back to the fold. In most cases, I could worry about Jimmy having enough... but we got the KITTLE, so... 

• 2 weeks later...

It is refreshing to see draft picks being rather coherent, such as this young man. In all of his interviews, he seems intelligent, humble and capable of clearly communicating. By comparison, I really liked Vernon Davis, but he was tough to listen to with all the "You know" and "um" that escaped his lips. It was awkward enough to make one cringe.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It is refreshing to see draft picks being rather coherent, such as this young man. In all of his interviews, he seems intelligent, humble and capable of clearly communicating. By comparison, I really liked Vernon Davis, but he was tough to listen to with all the "You know" and "um" that escaped his lips. It was awkward enough to make one cringe.

I don't listen to player interviews unless I absolutely can't help it, so I don't much care one way or the other. Produce and stick around, or don't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I don't listen to player interviews unless I absolutely can't help it, so I don't much care one way or the other. Produce and stick around, or don't. 

Right, I don't care one bit how a young kid talks. Some of them have learning disabilities or just aren't comfortable in that setting....Which is perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, I don't care one bit how a young kid talks. Some of them have learning disabilities or just aren't comfortable in that setting....Which is perfectly fine. 

So neither of you paid attention to the draft interviews? o.O

Alrighty then!

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Alrighty then!

I mean we watch them, but it's not a big deal if they aren't the best at interviewing or don't always speak coherently. Those kids are just excited they accomplished their dreams of playing in the NFL and you see all the emotion from their family/loved ones. I'm not turned off from a draftee or think any less of them because of how they talk. Never meant anything to me. 

8 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Alrighty then!

To each his own, but I agree that it matters a bit to me... if only to a small extent.

Of course only production matters in the end, and that isn't locked up into articulation. We all know and adore Frank Gore. If I have two prospects in roughly the same tier, then yes, I'm bumping up the guy that displays a higher ability to use brain more better like with thoughts and learnedness functions.

• Like 1