1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Which raises a question: What draft - going back say 20-30 years - produced the most starting QBs - say after 5 years? Backups who got a start because of injury dont count.

Delurking to say that, while this might not be the best metric anymore, the most 10,000 yard passers of a draft class in my lifetime is seven in 2005. 1987 had six. Neither had the depth of star power of 1983 or 2004 (Rodgers is the only likely Hall of Famer among the 13) but they had the most multi-year starters.

Edited by Deps
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Deps said:

Delurking to say that, while this might not be the best metric anymore, the most 10,000 yard passers of a draft class in my lifetime is seven in 2005. 1987 had six. Neither had the depth of star power of 1983 or 2004 (Rodgers is the only likely Hall of Famer among the 13) but they had the most multi-year starters.

The  Dep dive knowledge is appreciated. Delurk as you will.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well.  Love played.  2-4.  Like  7 yards.

Yawn.

At least his chinstrap was buttoned.

I have a feeling that he's going to be starting some games this year.

Rodgers is getting killed....our o-line isn't getting any better and it's all a matter of time now.

• 1 month later...

The kid was spinning it and working the ball into tight spaces. Might have caught a softer version  of D off guard but he showed he can read the field and toss some lazers. Probably should have picked a few 1st downs up with his legs but under the circumstances we needed points and needed them quickly. Nice showing from Love. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

Raider fan here.

I liked Jordan Love in the 2020 draft. It was nice to see him play well. I saw some posts in this sub forum about keeping Rodgers and trading Love. IMO that would be a mistake. You guys have a chance to have 3 great QBs play for you in succession. I don't think any other Franchise can claim that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Raider fan here.

I liked Jordan Love in the 2020 draft. It was nice to see him play well. I saw some posts in this sub forum about keeping Rodgers and trading Love. IMO that would be a mistake. You guys have a chance to have 3 great QBs play for you in succession. I don't think any other Franchise can claim that.

Great.. now give us two firsts to reunite Rodgers and Davante 😉 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Raider fan here.

Depends on how you feel about Jeff Garcia. In all seriousness, it would be amazing to pull off the hatrick but we still don’t know how good Love really is as a week in week out player. Also, Rodgers’ contract is a massive weight.

If I looked into my crystal ball, I’d say we keep both next year and try to get one last sunset season out of old number 12. After that, hope to get Jordan behind the wheel and see what he can give us. After a season of things falling apart like this, it will be hard to predict the upcoming offseason. 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Depends on how you feel about Jeff Garcia. In all seriousness, it would be amazing to pull off the hatrick but we still don’t know how good Love really is as a week in week out player. Also, Rodgers’ contract is a massive weight.

If I looked into my crystal ball, I’d say we keep both next year and try to get one last sunset season out of old number 12. After that, hope to get Jordan behind the wheel and see what he can give us. After a season of things falling apart like this, it will be hard to predict the upcoming offseason. 

The GB front office didn't really know what they had in Rodgers either. They drafted Brian Brohm as insurance that year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

The GB front office didn't really know what they had in Rodgers either. They drafted Brian Brohm as insurance that year.

And the real prize, Matty Flynn in the 7th. Even if you think you might have your guy, you take insurance policies on 1st year starting QBs. Either a decent draft pick, or a quality journeyman vet. 

Edited by Refugee

Just now, Refugee said:

And the real prize, Matty Flynn in the 5th. Even if you think you might have guy, you take insurance policies on 1st year starting QBs. Either a decent draft pick, or a quality journeyman vet. 

Agreed.  We had that exact discussion in the Raider sub forum. I am all for it.

16 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Oh Hell No!! 😂

But I wonder how the Broncos feel now knowing they could've traded for Love and got better results..... 🤣

I'd settle for one.  But realistically, if the Packers were to trade Aaron Rodgers I would imagine they'd be conditional picks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd settle for one.  But realistically, if the Packers were to trade Aaron Rodgers I would imagine they'd be conditional picks.

IDK, I think the league has so many egos that someone thinks it's a guaranteed SB chance next year. That's probably worth two firsts if you believe that. Like Washington, LAV, Carolina, Indi, I mean they traded for Matt Ryan last year, SF, NO, Jets, New England, all could have interest. I also think people think it's a GB problem more than a Rodgers problem, which it isn't.