1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

No obligation to Rodgers but they need to fire their GM if scrapping and rebuilding is the answer when the ink on that 135 million dollar deal isn't even dry.  He has put absolutely no calories at trying to fix the skill position spots on offense.  Trash low end WR prospects and v et minimum guys like Lazzard and Funchess who wouldn't see the field on any other team in the NFL.

Funchess has been a starter his entire NFL career. He averaged 610 snaps per year with the Panthers, including his rookie year. He's an exactly average #3 receiver. 

When your QB has a 135 million dollar deal, you expect him to maybe get by with some average targets when you give him a good defense and a good offensive line. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

FIFY

Stop trolling me kid.  I get it, there was a typo.  Get over yourself and putty some substance instead of just acting like a damn child trying to poke the bear. Never mind, don't try with substance.  I already know you think the Packers have NEVER made a bad pick or move.  All 53 are HOF's through your shade of glasses :D

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm okay with Love at #30 .. oops 26.  I had brought it up a few times in the past and figured it could be an option.  I didn't think they'd actually do it, but they were rumored to be set to take Drew Lock last year and Denver jumped them and took him.  The timeline is odd .. figured Rodgers had five years left in GB, but perhaps the Packers are looking at some game tape and some contract figures and decided to get their heir in place.  I hope it works out .. I hope he's more Mahomes than Kizer.  I think he's got a ton of talent.

This is the biggest issue I have with it. It has nothing to do with Love. The timing to pick a QB now is just off. This is nothing like the Favre-Rodgers situation when we were coming off a bad year and Favre was wavering with retirement. We just went 13-3 with another year from Rodgers where he was statically in the top QBs and he clearly wants to keep playing for a while. Moreover, it's 2020, rookie QBs don't sit for 3-4 years anymore. If everyone wants to have a team where we get the advantage of having a QB on his "rookie deal" why take a QB now who is going to sit at least a minimum of 2-3 years behind Rodgers (just based on Rodgers' contract alone and how it's structured). You're basically getting what, maybe 1-2 years with Love before you have to pay him if he's any good? 

There won't be any natural transition from Rodgers to Love here. Again, the timing is just off. You've now set yourself up for only one of two scenarios: 

1. Either you commit to Love no matter what and acknowledge that Rodgers is getting traded in the next 2-3 years regardless of how well or poorly he plays; or

2. If Rodgers defies his critics and you keep him, you're trading Love for a draft pick before his last year. 

Edited by packfanfb

And for the record I get the early upset.  I kinda dropped my shoulders at first.  It’s a bit of a short term letdown.  A LOT of a short term letdown.  But this move was an attempt to not end up like the teams who can never find the next QB.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm gonna laugh when we get a WR and ILB in the 2nd and 3rd that provide the same type of impact as the WR and ILB that went today. Oh, and we got our QBotf. Losers.

You're awfully confident in our front office's ability to draft quality players. Hasn't been so great in the last several years. Unless I misread and by "same impact," you mean none whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Being more valuable than anybody else on the roster doesn't mean that he should be treated any differently.

With the benefit of hindsight, obviously we should have traded Rodgers three years ago. How is that even a question?

What?

No one posited a cogent argument to trade him three years ago. I'm no math genius, but this is far from a 1:1 comparison of 2005, if that's where you're headed.

From what we’ve seen from Rodgers is that he’s regressing. He can prob play til 40 sure but his contract ends in 2 years and I’m sure will expect to get paid paid. I’d Love had weapons at Utah St. this guy would of gone top 10 easily. The guy has an arm and can make plays. I’m actually all here for this simply because Rodgers isn’t what he was and his contract ends in 2 years. Get Live in and develop him and get him ready for 2020.

Just now, cannondale said:

What's great about those that believe the Rodgers sucks narrative is that we will now never know, so you have to be happy with that.

I think the fact that the Packers just drafted a first round QB when Rodgers has 4 years left on his deal kinda points to Rodgers being an average and declining player? At least the team seems to think so.

Wonder if they are worried with Rodgers breaking down physically with injuries too. They paid him so the only way you compete if he is injuried is with a QB on a rookie deal.

Wonder if that is a worry too. Dude has two broken collar bones.

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Stop trolling me kid.  I get it, there was a typo.  Get over yourself and putty some substance instead of just acting like a damn child trying to poke the bear. Never mind, don't try with substance.  I already know you think the Packers have NEVER made a bad pick or move.  All 53 are HOF's through your shade of glasses :D

not trolling you Sarge. I think it's a funny typo I want to stick.