1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

42 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Only an absolute homer with a large ego thinks he knows due to "critical thinking skills".

We haven't seen enough to know anything yet.

I've read about people that struggle with evaluating basic information, sorry to hear about your infliction. Maybe a self-help book would help you see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Amazon.com: Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies: 9781118924723: Cohen, Martin: Books

Free delivery is available for you also.

4 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

But we haven’t seen enough of Love yet. There’s still a chance he’s good. 
Odds are against him though. As they are against every young QB. 

Agree with this take.  Odds are against, but he's got a chance.  He's got a chance.  Not many guys end up being in the upper-half of the starters, so the odds were against from the start, especially taken very late in round 1.  I was a strong supporter of Gute's choice to draft him; *if* he hit against the odds, it changes a franchise.  But even while supporting the selection, even then I knew the odds weren't great.  And I don't see how they've gotten any more favorable, based on eye test and what we've seen thus far.  I think the odds aren't very good, but it's what we've got, and they aren't zero or anything.  Hopefully he'll show more flashes this camp and give some encouragement.  

15 hours ago, craig said:

Agree with this take.  Odds are against, but he's got a chance.  He's got a chance.  Not many guys end up being in the upper-half of the starters, so the odds were against from the start, especially taken very late in round 1.  I was a strong supporter of Gute's choice to draft him; *if* he hit against the odds, it changes a franchise.  But even while supporting the selection, even then I knew the odds weren't great.  And I don't see how they've gotten any more favorable, based on eye test and what we've seen thus far.  I think the odds aren't very good, but it's what we've got, and they aren't zero or anything.  Hopefully he'll show more flashes this camp and give some encouragement.  

Every opportunity he’s gotten I’ve always left saying that he did just enough to still be hopeful. I haven’t given up yet. 

7 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

Rodgers said at the match that he can see the end. It’s hard for him to want to do all of the offseason stuff any more. 

I hope Jordan Love really flashes because this could be it for 12.

2024 is probably where he could retire when the dead cap is at 24 mil, doubt he does next year it being at 99 mil

Edited by Gopackgonerd

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

2024 is probably where he could retire when the dead cap is at 24 mil, doubt he does next year it being at 99 mil

If Rodgers retires after the season and it is designated post June 1st it is a very doable situation for the Packers cap. 

40 minutes ago, R T said:

If Rodgers retires after the season and it is designated post June 1st it is a very doable situation for the Packers cap. 

Yep. Question is, does he want to go into the HoF with Brady or force himself to do another season so he can be the only top guy on the stage 

51 minutes ago, R T said:

What would the dead money be? I still think it's hard to believe they didn't do a gentlemen's agreement to at least 2 more years.

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

What would the dead money be? I still think it's hard to believe they didn't do a gentlemen's agreement to at least 2 more years.

It’s a complicated contract with unusual bonuses and escalators. I don’t think anyone knows how much he keeps if he retires. You would think they wouldn’t give him 100M for one year. It has to have some sort of payback if he only plays one year. 

21 hours ago, R T said:

I've read about people that struggle with evaluating basic information, sorry to hear about your infliction. Maybe a self-help book would help you see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Amazon.com: Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies: 9781118924723: Cohen, Martin: Books

Free delivery is available for you also.

I was far too nice with my first response.  You aren't even close to being as smart as you think.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

It’s a complicated contract with unusual bonuses and escalators. I don’t think anyone knows how much he keeps if he retires. You would think they wouldn’t give him 100M for one year. It has to have some sort of payback if he only plays one year. 

Anything is possible, just don't think he signs that extension without at least playing 2 years out of it or Gute doesn't do it.

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Anything is possible, just don't think he signs that extension without at least playing 2 years out of it or Gute doesn't do it.

That might be true, but when a player is done, he is done. Rodgers mentioned it is getting harder to put the work in during the off season, now if he hasn't been driven this off season anymore out of the spite of drafting Love and plays 2022 like he did from 2015-18 the writing may be on the wall. If that happens and he retires, we will see all these Love haters wiggle to claim they were always for keeping Love around, just like we seen with the Rodgers haters when he stepped in for Favre. The more things change the more they stay the same.   

6 hours ago, R T said:

That might be true, but when a player is done, he is done. Rodgers mentioned it is getting harder to put the work in during the off season, now if he hasn't been driven this off season anymore out of the spite of drafting Love and plays 2022 like he did from 2015-18 the writing may be on the wall. If that happens and he retires, we will see all these Love haters wiggle to claim they were always for keeping Love around, just like we seen with the Rodgers haters when he stepped in for Favre. The more things change the more they stay the same.   

I mean, if we got anything close to a Favre-Rodgers transition out of Rodgers-Love, we can eat whatever cap is needed for a year and move on.  I disagree with the idea a HOF talent the level of Rodgers needed to Love pick to perform, out of spite or otherwise.  He and the rest of the offense would have rolled in year 2 of the new offense.  Is a little competition bound to heighten the drive of any player?  Sure, but 12 is a true competitor and he would have been gunning in year 2.  I still am not sure if Love has what it takes, but I'm not writing him off.  Hope he destroys this preseason.

• Like 2