1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm still good with Love being given every chance....................but just in case here is a song for you 'Get it Right Next Time' verses 2,3,4. (good track btw)

Everyone's Agreed That Everything Will Turn Out Fine

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Donzo said:

https://www.packers.com/video/jordan-love-says-he-is-more-confident-and-comfortable-with-the-system

As a vocal critic of Mr. Love I'm wiping the board clean.  A fresh start for training camp 2022.

I just want to see consistent accuracy on the basic throws and better accuracy on the tougher throws.

💪

Preseason softball questions intended to extract blaise answers so they can be used as filler for various puff pieces is what made you change your mind?

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Preseason softball questions intended to extract blaise answers so they can be used as filler for various puff pieces is what made you change your mind?

Please become a reporter and ask Jordan Love if he could identify the safeties post snap.  With Rodgers hanging around.

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Obviously no.

I haven't actually changed my mind yet, it's a work in progress. I'm just no longer going judge him on all things in the past and reevaluate him after the preseason. This is my normal M.O. I'm all about giving prospects the benefit of the doubt and that's what I'm going to do for Mr. Love.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Please become a reporter and ask Jordan Love if he could identify the safeties post snap.  With Rodgers hanging around.

That's great stuff... That's gold, Jerry. Gold!

When he sees the safety deep he can drop it off to Lewis in the flat and if the safety is up close, he can hit Degura deep crossing the middle. Those throws always work out for Rodgers- 😁

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2022 at 1:41 PM, Donzo said:

As a vocal critic of Mr. Love I'm wiping the board clean.  A fresh start for training camp 2022.

I just want to see consistent accuracy on the basic throws and better accuracy on the tougher throws.

I haven't actually changed my mind yet, it's a work in progress. I'm just no longer going judge him on all things in the past and reevaluate him after the preseason. This is my normal M.O. I'm all about giving prospects the benefit of the doubt and that's what I'm going to do for Mr. Love.

Well, here we are, "after the preseason". It's pretty simple from here.

Bust.

Na, he's not a bust. He's just what he is, a bad inaccurate QB. Since high school he's been bad every year except for one season four years ago.

For the three preseason games. It was a barrage of bad passes with some bad decisions sprinkled in. He was probably the worst QB in all three games. When the reigning Mr. Irrelevant, in his first game, out plays and out classes a 3rd yr., 1st round pick QB in that 1st game, that pretty much tells you all you need to know about that 3rd yr., 1st round QB pick.

A couple plays stick-out for me. There's probably well over twenty bad throws that could be broken down, but I'll limit it the two plays. Even though that amazingly bad INT at the end of the 2nd half against the Chiefs should be one of them, I'm gonna ignore it.

The first play was the INT strip on Doubs. Excellent catch on an awful pass (Doubs body control is fantastic, btw). Love throws an inaccurate pass to the inside when it should have went outside where the ball would be protected and maybe allow Doubs to run down the sideline a bit. Instead, Love wrong shoulders Doubs to the inside, Doubs adjusts and makes the exceptional catch on the bad throw. However, Doubs is now completely exposed to the CB who the strips the ball for the INT. If Love just makes an accurate throw on the simple pass it's a different story. On a side note, very interesting how the Love apologists spin this play.

The other throw was the sideline throw to Rodgers on Love's last play of the 2nd game. Of course Love throws yet another bad pass to the inside. The ball gets knocked down and the Love apologists get to spin it as a dropped ball. When once again if the throw was where it was suppose to be it would have been a clean catch attempt for Rodgers.

To button it up, don't label Love a bust. It's not his fault Gutes wasted 1st and 4th round draft capital on him. That's all on Gutes. Love is just doing what he's always done.

Edited by Donzo
iPhone sequence logout calibration

On 6/14/2022 at 12:28 PM, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm still good with Love being given every chance....................but just in case here is a song for you 'Get it Right Next Time' verses 2,3,4. (good track btw).

Rafferty was the bomb.

• Like 1

After the preseason I am incredibly optimistic that Jordan Love is a future starting QB in the NFL. He showed significant improvement in all facets of his game. He made plenty of big time throws, ran the offense well, and handled pressure better than in the past. He certainly still has things to clean up but a lot of his inconsistencies and areas he needs to be improved I believe can be solved when he gets real playing time. He clearly has made that 3rd year jump we were all hoping for. I will say preseason is usually a bad way to judge a QB as he's playing with backups around him and against backups while also playing vanilla schemes and against vanilla schemes. But it's really all we have to go off of in year 3 and I think he passed the test easily

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

The first play was the INT strip on Doubs. Excellent catch on an awful pass (Doubs body control is fantastic, btw). Love throws an inaccurate pass to the inside when it should have went outside where the ball would be protected and maybe allow Doubs to run down the sideline a bit. Instead, Love wrong shoulders Doubs to the inside, Doubs adjusts and makes the exceptional catch on the bad throw. However, Doubs is now completely exposed to the CB who the strips the ball for the INT. If Love just makes an accurate throw on the simple pass it's a different story. On a side note, very interesting how the Love apologists spin this play.

The other throw was the sideline throw to Rodgers on Love's last play of the 2nd game. Of course Love throws yet another bad pass to the inside. The ball gets knocked down and the Love apologists get to spin it as a dropped ball. When once again if the throw was where it was suppose to be it would have been a clean catch attempt for Rodgers.

I'm still on the fence about Love as an NFL starting QB, and I believe his future will play out elsewhere. That said, both of the throws you singled out to conclude he's a "bad inaccurate QB" are correctable. They far from seal his fate. Consistency on the placement of those types of throws come with comfort in the offense, meticulous attention to footwork, trained throwing mechanics, and thousands of practice and game reps. Rodgers was still making the same mistakes at this stage. It didn't click for Rodgers until he went through the exact same growth stages.

• Like 1

Love could start all 17 games and be in the same tier as Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield and Carson Wentz right now. Obviously that's not the tier we want him to stay in, or a tier that lends him a long term stay as a franchise QB, but it's just putting into perspective for Packers fans who only watch our team and think normal QB play is HOF level QB play. 

I don't think Love is consistent enough to ever be elite on his own, but I think in this massively QB friendly system (that took Jared Goff to a SB) Love has plenty of tools to put up elite numbers within the system and lead our team to success. Remember the current offense he's running is a hybrid Rodgers/Mac/LaFleur offense. The moment Aaron retires, that will evolve even more to a LaFleur system.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Love could start all 17 games and be in the same tier as Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield and Carson Wentz right now. Obviously that's not the tier we want him to stay in, or a tier that lends him a long term stay as a franchise QB, but it's just putting into perspective for Packers fans who only watch our team and think normal QB play is HOF level QB play. 

I don't think Love is consistent enough to ever be elite on his own, but I think in this massively QB friendly system (that took Jared Goff to a SB) Love has plenty of tools to put up elite numbers within the system and lead our team to success. Remember the current offense he's running is a hybrid Rodgers/Mac/LaFleur offense. The moment Aaron retires, that will evolve even more to a LaFleur system.

Most would put Aaron Rodgers in that sort of tier in his year 3 as well, for perspective. Nobody can put a true floor or ceiling on the kid until he gets enough regular season games under his belt. It really could go either way. He's got a lot of the tools you want in a QB. 

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm still on the fence about Love as an NFL starting QB, and I believe his future will play out elsewhere. That said, both of the throws you singled out to conclude he's a "bad inaccurate QB" are correctable. They far from seal his fate. Consistency on the placement of those types of throws come with comfort in the offense, meticulous attention to footwork, trained throwing mechanics, and thousands of practice and game reps. Rodgers was still making the same mistakes at this stage. It didn't click for Rodgers until he went through the exact same growth stages.

I didn't single out two plays to conclude Love is a bad inaccurate QB.

As I clearly stated, Love is what he has been since he graduated high school in 2015, except for the one season in college, which is a bad inaccurate QB. I singled out those two bad passes to highlight the "barrage of bad passes' Love threw during this year's preseason. 

If anything, Love looked worse this preseason than he did last year. I can't remember another QB unable to throw an accurate pass outside the numbers. It remarkable. As previously mentioned, when the current Mr. Irrelevant (the immortal Brock Purdy), outplayed Love in preseason G1, it summed up where Love is in Y3.

And, no Rodgers wasn't making the same mistakes in Y3 preseason. It's an awful comp on multiple levels. Unless you're stating Love will turn into an all time great, Super Bowl wining MVP QB, the comp is a desperate smoke screen.