1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

I saw love badly overthrow a net once when he was doing some footwork drills over some pads. Other than that he looked accurate. He looks confident in his footwork and let’s em rip. He’s getting better. 

You can see the athletic jump from Rodgers to Love. Rodgers is still at Benkert level athleticism though. 

I still have hope for Love. He’s a good kid and a good athlete and has a good arm. He’s got a shot. 

8 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

I saw love badly overthrow a net once when he was doing some footwork drills over some pads. Other than that he looked accurate. He looks confident in his footwork and let’s em rip. He’s getting better. 

You can see the athletic jump from Rodgers to Love. Rodgers is still at Benkert level athleticism though. 

I still have hope for Love. He’s a good kid and a good athlete and has a good arm. He’s got a shot. 

I really want this to be true but must admit it’s hard to put a lot of stock into the analysis from somebody with “JordanLoveFTW” as the handle and a picture of Jordan Love in his moniker.

Edited by Cpdaly23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I really want this to be true but must admit it’s hard to put a lot of stock into the analysis from somebody with “JordanLoveFTW” as the handle and a picture of Jordan Love in his moniker.

I made my name during the Rodgers drama and was half trolling with it. I’m not some huge Love fan. 

13 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Lol he really doesn't like Love much though, I know he answered but I can verify it. 

One other thing I want to throw into the ring about Love is that he's the kind of passer that is going to suffer more from a lack of experience than the more "make something happen" type QB. Love's best trait is his ability to hit his man with anticipation with a touch pass, but that requires you to know exactly where you want to go with the ball and when. Can't throw a guy open if you're mentally trying to figure out what the reads even are while he's making his break. QBs like Allen and Mahomes are the kind of players who are going to pop with less time on the field because they play instinctually, so even not knowing the offense they'll make something work. Love OTOH isn't really going to 'pop' until he knows the offense well enough to be able to put that golden arm on display.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm surprised GB hasn't tried to entice teams like Seattle or Carolina for Love.

Nothing wrong with having a good young backup as insurance. If Rodgers retires after the 2022 season how dumb would trading Love now be at that point. Add in the replacement cost that would follow to add a backup QB, there really is no point in trading him at this point. After the season is over and they get a decision from Rodgers the Packers can move forward from there.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm surprised GB hasn't tried to entice teams like Seattle or Carolina for Love.

It is all about recouping a cost though.  If we trade him we are on the hook for 6.5 million this year vs the 3.9 that he costs just sitting on the roster.  And we would be looking at Kurt Benkert as QB2.  I like him better than some of our former QB2s, but I might just be a homer.  I just don't think that any team will offer enough, given Love's lack of production and controllable years, for it to be worth it for the Packers.  If it comes down to it that Love never improves and we go in a completely different direction after Rodgers, yeah, we may have wanted some compensation.  But for right now, I just get the feeling that his value to those teams is like a 4th and his value to us would be like a 2nd or better.

• Like 1

I have an irrational belief in Kurt Benkert.  In my mind I think, if he has to start a few games, I bet he can be as good as Heineke was with WAS.  And then I think about a little more and realize how unrealistic that is.  But I still believe in Kurt anyways.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sandy said:

I have an irrational belief in Kurt Benkert.  In my mind I think, if he has to start a few games, I bet he can be as good as Heineke was with WAS.  And then I think about a little more and realize how unrealistic that is.  But I still believe in Kurt anyways.

He is just a likeable dude.  Positive energy and can throw the ball.  

• Like 2

I'm still good with Love being given every chance....................but just in case here is a song for you 'Get it Right Next Time' verses 2,3,4. (good track btw).

You need direction, yeah you need a name
When you're standing in the crossroads every highway looks the same
After a while you can recognize the signs
So if you get it wrong you'll get it right next time, next time.

Life is a liar yeah life is a cheat
It'll lead you on and pull the ground from underneath your feet
No use complainin', don't you worry, don't you whine
Cause if you get it wrong you'll get it right next time, next time.

You gotta grow, you gotta learn by your mistakes
You gotta die a little everyday just to try to stay awake
When you believe there's no mountain you can climb
And if you get it wrong you'll get it right next time, next time.