1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

5 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I still don't get the fascination of comparing Love to Rodgers. Are you saying because of some similarities with Rodgers after Y3 preseason Love is going to have a Rodgers type career?

To the first one - Get your eyes checked because they look stunningly alike at the same stage and practice time in their careers.

To the second one - Don't be a dope. No one is saying Love is ticketed to be an all-time great. In fact, the furthest most are going is that they see improvement. It's people like you getting all hyperbolic and writing him off as a "bad inaccurate QB".

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Is it me or did the whole Packer universe forget that Aaron Rodgers didn't throw more than 28 passes in a regular season until his 4TH year? 

Don't be a dope. No one is saying Love is ticketed to be an all-time great. In fact, the furthest most are going is that they see improvement. It's people like you getting all hyperbolic and writing him off as a "bad inaccurate QB".

Love has been a bad inaccurate QB every year he's played since 2015 except for one season and it's hyperbolic calling him a "bad inaccurate QB"?!? You need to take your own advise and don't be a dope.

It would also be good if you stopped changing what I say and putting words in my mouth. I haven't written him off and never said I did.

Keep on comparing him to an extreme outlier. It ruins all the spin you say after it. Unless, every unskilled 6'11 athlete is gonna turn into Giannis in the NBA, everyone with a 91mph fastball and changeup will have careers like Hendricks and we all can turn $5K into $1M playing Kenno... Have fun with that.

OR, like I asked Packerraymond: Give me some other QBs that have been as bad as Love has been since his 3rd season in college through Y3 preseason and had a decent career?!?

Edited by Donzo
iPhone sequence logout calibration

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Barring an injury to Rodgers, this conversation will still be going on until May when the Love 5th year option is due.

Oh God no. The offices in Mountain View and Cupertino are finally closing for the weekend, so I'm done! Have fun 😁

And, as of right now, no way the Packers pickup that option!

Just now, cannondale said:

Yea - digging up stats on Rodgers to make a direct correlation to Love's outlook is stupid. And I kinda thought we were beyond that. Why not choose Tim Couch, Paxton Lynch, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock, Deshon Kizer ??

None of those QBs got to sit for 3 years behind a HOF QB to learn a system and develop. There's only one guy who I can recall got that opportunity, perhaps, that's why Love's development arc is most often compared to his???

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Barring an injury to Rodgers, this conversation will still be going on until May when the Love 5th year option is due.

I'm not sure what the fascination with Love's 5th year option is for so many.  Not sure the exact numbers, but it might be around 50% of first round picks have that 5th year option picked up.  That is with players that have played 40+% snaps.  

Love's 5th year option was only going to be a realistic possibility of being picked up if he was the starter (for an extended duration).  With Rodgers being extended, that is very unlikely.

The question for the 2023 offseason is whether GB feels Love has progressed enough to warrant a 2nd contract at backup type money.... AND if Love would want to stay in GB.  That process has a year ish to play itself out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

None of those QBs got to sit for 3 years behind a HOF QB to learn a system and develop. There's only one guy who I can recall got that opportunity, perhaps, that's why Love's development arc is most often compared to his???

Then I just throw out Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, etc etc. The fact is, comparing any QB to another to gain a hint about any arc is wasted energy

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Then I just throw out Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, etc etc. The fact is, comparing any QB to another to gain a hint about any arc is wasted energy

Josh Allen was a wildly inaccurate college QB, who had one elite year, flopped over his first 32 NFL starts and is now one of the best in the league.

If he was the guy replacing Aaron, our fan base would've shown him the door after a few weeks, because our fan base doesn't understand what base level QB play is. It grades everything to a HOF standard.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Josh Allen was a wildly inaccurate college QB, who had one elite year, flopped over his first 32 NFL starts and is now one of the best in the league.

If he was the guy replacing Aaron, our fan base would've shown him the door after a few weeks, because our fan base doesn't understand was base level QB play is. It trades everything to a HOF standard.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Under your premise of sitting and learning, Love should be further along than all those guys. There are far too many layers to the QB position to choose a random (or in this case, not so random) HOF QB and dig up pre-season completion % from 12 years ago and point and talk about it's relevancy. It's relevancy is zero. Let me know when they can clone QB brains and then we can talk comparisons and success arcs. 

Edited by cannondale

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If he was the guy replacing Aaron, our fan base would've shown him the door after a few weeks, because our fan base doesn't understand what base level QB play is. It grades everything to a HOF standard.

That's incorrect.

Allen never had an elite year in college. He was a young raw prospect who many thought came out a year early. He struggled his rookie year as a very young QB prospect, but made a leap his 2nd season and another leap his 3rd season.

This is exactly what Packer fans are/would be looking for.

18 minutes ago, Donzo said:

That's incorrect.

Allen never had an elite year in college. He was a young raw prospect who many thought came out a year early. He struggled his rookie year as a very young QB prospect, but made a leap his 2nd season and another leap his 3rd season.

This is exactly what Packer fans are/would be looking for.

He played! Love did not because he was behind a HOF QB. Love was very raw, everybody knew that. Throw in his rookie year was a throw away with no preseason and he's developing just fine. 

Those of you that think it's easy to play in the NFL are spoiled by back-to-back HOF QB's. Love has got the skill set to be successful. Does he have the "IT" factor to be great? NOBODY knows, INCLUDING ALL OF US keyboard experts. The guys who have a better understanding, Rodgers and LaFleur, seem to be praising the guys' progress. You know it's real with Rodgers because he's rather trash a guy than pay a compliment. 

Couple of notes: Rodgers looked like a future star, or at the least, a quality NFL starter, in his third preseason.  It was his first two that he looked like a schlub. Anyone stating they remember otherwise is incorrect.

Also, it seems like in the prior pages some people got the words perverse and adverse mixed up. Rodgers does not show a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable towards interceptions.

If Love doesn't ever play another regular season snap, he still was worth the pick. The main reason I dislike trading up for Watson is that one of those seconds could have gone to Malik Willis. I am very unsure whether Willis will ever be a nfl qb, but if he is, I'm not trying to be the Atlanta Falcons with Favre or the 23 teams that passed on Rodgers. You cannot win in the nfl without a good qb, and a good qb can be traded for a fortune. You cannot overdraft qb's in my opinion (with NFL level arm talent), you can miss but that is very different than overdrafting. 

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

Couple of notes: Rodgers looked like a future star, or at the least, a quality NFL starter, in his third preseason.  It was his first two that he looked like a schlub. Anyone stating they remember otherwise is incorrect.

Also, it seems like in the prior pages some people got the words perverse and adverse mixed up. Rodgers does not show a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable towards interceptions.

I might argue that he shows a deliberate and obstinate desire to never throw any interceptions to the point that it harms the team, which is both unreasonable and unacceptable. 

• Like 1