1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

1st round WR is shortsighted. I'd much rather wait and get someone day 2 that'll provide the same, if not more, impact than Reagor does.

I won't bring up Reagor any more in this thread but I'll leave that there. I honestly hope for you guys that Love does work out as I generally like the Packers fan base.

Just now, Iskra said:

Yeah, ok. We went 13-3 last year. Who on our roster is better right now. Love?

13-3 with a league average offense. 

No, Rodgers is the best we have. But given the choice of the two of them with contract in hand, you at least pause when making the decision.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

Aaron Rodgers was considered a legitimate 1st overall pick who fell. Jordan Love was apparently a Day 3 prospect to like half the league as per Matt Miller, and somehow managed to throw 17 ints to only 20 tds in one of the worst conferences in the FBS.

The Favre vs. Rodgers comparison is nothing like Rodgers vs. Love. This forum needs to stop pretending it is.

You just quoted Matt Miller. Matt friggin' Miller. He has ZERO connections to anyone in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Is that why they haven't beaten us since 2014?

Why does everyone here fluff Pete and John? They’ve won as many Super Bowls as we did with Ted and Mike. 

I’d rather be us today than Seattle today. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Iskra said:

Can anyone on this forum make a reasonable argument why Jordan Love was the "best choice" for the Packers in this year's draft? I'm not trying to be difficult or clever here.

It's more of a philosophical decision. Gute said he weighed the present and the future. He chose the future. I'm not happy about it and I'm sure there are gonna be guys on the team that arent overjoyed either considering they were definitely sold a bill of goods that included a Super Bowl run- no matter how "professional" they are. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I won't bring up Reagor any more in this thread but I'll leave that there. I honestly hope for you guys that Love does work out as I generally like the Packers fan base.

Doesn't really negate what I said. Just because other teams were going to take him doesn't mean 1st round WR makes sense. The success rate, recently, of first round WRs has been pretty ****ty.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Week 1 against the Bears. Week 16 against the Vikings. Week 14 against the Bears.

I'm not even going to use the Chargers game because I that was mostly on others. 

Now that we've covered 33% of the season, what's the point you're trying to make. 

My point is that I'm beginning to question why I'm responding to someone who seems to legitimately think there are 25 QBs better than the one we have. You don't have to be at FS1 until 9:30am dude. You're working some serious over time rn.

Vikings fan here. I'm honestly frustrated you drafted love. I think this is the right strategy  for QBs and why you guys have had HOF qbs for most of my football life. I kinda wish we would've drafted him to sit behind Cousins for a couple years. You guys suck.

• Like 2

Just now, HawaiiFan808 said:

If we can grab some pieces on offense in the next couple of rounds I'm okay with this. Otherwise, why aren't we capitalizing on Rodgers when we still have him.

I would assume we'll grab some pieces in the next few rounds. I'll start to get upset if Jalen Hurts is our next pick. Only because I can't think of many songs to spam the thread with outside "Love Hurts". 

• Like 3

Just now, rthom348 said:

My point is that I'm beginning to question why I'm responding to someone who seems to legitimately think there are 25 QBs better than the one we have. You don't have to be at FS1 until 9:30am dude. You're working some serious over time rn.

I don't think there are 25. Overall I think there were about 10 who played better overall over the entire season, and 20 that played better over the second half of the season.

Tell me why that's crazy?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not every pick is compared to HOF QB status.

If Gute picked Love to have a TT moment as you say, then that's exactly the wrong reason, and I sure as **** hope that's not the case here.

He didn’t make the pick to be Ted. He made the pick because like Ted he believed in a young talent at QB that was there late in the draft.

1 minute ago, dcerb44 said:

Why does everyone here fluff Pete and John? They’ve won as many Super Bowls as we did with Ted and Mike. 

I’d rather be us today than Seattle today. 

No friggin' clue. Maybe because they went to another? Yet, we've beaten them every time since then. Weird.

• Like 1