1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

No spinning, just watching you backpedal when challenged about what you think you know and what you read on the internet.  So now we are up to three games from the one that you originally referenced.  

I'm not backpedaling on anything. You're just challenging the credibility of the print resources I've used. If I saw something different on tape than what I read, I would've pointed it out and you know it...

Again, you're better than this...

Dolphins fan here, so I'm thankful for the 4th rounder the Pack gave us last night to move up to 26 and take a player that would've been there at 30 IMO.

But, as a minority owner of the Pack ( 1 share of stock LoL ), I'm sick to my stomach.  With the current NFL rules elite QB's like Rodgers are enjoying drastically extended shelf lives.  I feel like he's still in his prime production years with the current rules being what they are.  I see the drafting of Love as a big reach that doesn't fit a need.  I understand the current success model demonstrates some evidence that having a QB on the rookie wage scale equates to wins, but on the other hand.....The Pack is a perennial playoff team and Super Bowl contender right now.  Why go QB in round 1 now?  It's going to be 2022 ( barring injury ) before Love cracks the starting lineup and that's only if the Pack takes the $17 mil plus dead cap hit to move on from Rodgers, so more than likely 2023 when it's only a $2 mil plus cap hit.  It just appears to be a panic reach for a need that isn't really a need at all.  I just disagree with it.

Just now, JBURGE said:

You've already said past 24 you don't care

Did you actually watch any of Evans last year? I didn't, but you seem pretty confident based on his pff (lol) score

You have to give PFF 20 points either way when rating anything other than the lines.  They are far from perfect.  FAR from perfect, but they are NOT 20 points off imperfect. 

When you've got a PFF score of 49, there is something wrong.  Anybody without an agenda can admit and accept that.  Arguing otherwise is ****ing stupid.  They have no team bias.  They have no player bias.  Rashaan Evans didn't **** in their Cheerios.  He has one of the lowest ratings in the NFL and the only counter argument is "PFF sucks." 

This isn't Rashaan Evans having a middling grade of 60.  This is him having the lowest PFF score of any starting inside linebacker in the NFL. 

Are you honestly going to lol at that and not accept that something's wrong with Rashaan's game to have that low of a rating compared to other ILBs across the NFL? 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You have to give PFF 20 points either way when rating anything other than the lines.  They are far from perfect.  FAR from perfect, but they are NOT 20 points off imperfect. 

When you've got a PFF score of 49, there is something wrong.  Anybody without an agenda can admit and accept that.  Arguing otherwise is ****ing stupid.  They have no team bias.  They have no player bias.  Rashaan Evans didn't **** in their Cheerios.  He has one of the lowest ratings in the NFL and the only counter argument is "PFF sucks." 

This isn't Rashaan Evans having a middling grade of 60.  This is him having the lowest PFF score of any starting inside linebacker in the NFL. 

Are you honestly going to lol at that and not accept that something's wrong with Rashaan's game to have that low of a rating compared to other ILBs across the NFL? 

Good point, 49 is bad. But again he was a rookie and not someone who is generally seen as polished. Same goes for Kenneth Murray and especially Queen. I expect Kenneth to be more pro ready, but he's also stepping into what mayu be the best defense in the NFL

Just now, Swampbilly said:

Dolphins fan here, so I'm thankful for the 4th rounder the Pack gave us last night to move up to 26 and take a player that would've been there at 30 IMO.

But, as a minority owner of the Pack ( 1 share of stock LoL ), I'm sick to my stomach.  With the current NFL rules elite QB's like Rodgers are enjoying drastically extended shelf lives.  I feel like he's still in his prime production years with the current rules being what they are.  I see the drafting of Love as a big reach that doesn't fit a need.  I understand the current success model demonstrates some evidence that having a QB on the rookie wage scale equates to wins, but on the other hand.....The Pack is a perennial playoff team and Super Bowl contender right now.  Why go QB in round 1 now?  It's going to be 2022 ( barring injury ) before Love cracks the starting lineup and that's only if the Pack takes the $17 mil plus dead cap hit to move on from Rodgers, so more than likely 2023 when it's only a $2 mil plus cap hit.  It just appears to be a panic reach for a need that isn't really a need at all.  I just disagree with it.

We can get the same level of play from Love in 2 years that we are paying Rodgers 30 mil/year for.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Tyler Dunne - I think the message here is that the Packers are thinking long-term and the takeaway is that Brian Gutekunst has some guts. The worst time to look for a quarterback is when you DON'T have a quarterback.

I do get that, it's a fair point, but if Love doesn't beat out Rodgers prior to 2023 ( which I dont see him doing ) then he will have 2 years max remaining on his Rookie Wage Salary when he becomes the starter.  Pack shouldn't have drafted a QB for at least 2 more years which would still give the player plenty of time to develop before taking over for Rodgers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know how anyone can watch the Michigan State tape and not come away and say "damn, this guy has a ton of tools to work with."

and this is where the pro-Love guys won't take off the green-n-gold glasses to review my stance. I never said he didn't have any tools and have been consistent with that stance even before we drafted him. Unlike some, I haven't switched my stance, nor have I adjusted it. Sorry if that doesn't fit the pre-conceived narrative...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jimmy Graham had a PFF score off 55 and you had no problem defending him.