1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers has played with Finley, Jones, Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Lacy, Jones, Graham. He's had weapons his whole career minus last year. Boo hoo.

The Bucs and Saints are going for it, good for them. They have no backup plans at QB afterward and remains to be seen if they'll go back to cellar dwelling. The Packers clearly don't want to be cellar dwellers and it actually makes our fan base mad lol. 

Sterling silver trophies are the goal. No trophies for avoiding the cellar

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Love needs two years, Cutting Rodgers and taking a 17.2m hit isn't that bad. It's one year and let's be honest, Love isn't winning a SB year one of starting just like Brett wasn't nor Rodgers was.

Taking a $17 mil hit is horrendous.  Come on Pack Fans, you just played in the NFC Championship game and lost to a more talented team, but not a more talented QB.....obviously the common sense approach would be to bring in OLine or RB or WR or even a Defender.  I guess the good news is there's still rounds 2 and 3 to do that, just not a pick in round 4 LOL!!

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The D held teams to <20 points 8 times this season. Our offense scored >30 4 times. The D definitely kept us in plenty of games. If the other team scored 30 we lost. We didnt lose that often.

My point exactly.  I don't really care about overall season stats, it's obvious to me that there was a large stretch of games where we wouldn't have come close to winning without our defense balling out.  They weren't elite statistically but they showed up in big moments, especially when the offense was down.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Have to make the dance routinely to get one of those trophies. 

Nah!!!  You get a plastic one for beating Detroit!!!  LoL!!  You know, the one Bills Mafia throws at Tom Brady every year??  LMAO!!

Edited by Swampbilly

3 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Taking a $17 mil hit is horrendous.  Come on Pack Fans, you just played in the NFC Championship game and lost to a more talented team, but not a more talented QB.....obviously the common sense approach would be to bring in OLine or RB or WR or even a Defender.  I guess the good news is there's still rounds 2 and 3 to do that, just not a pick in round 4 LOL!!

What is with this mindset that a first round pick is literally our only option in terms of trying to compete now?  A single pick isn't giving up on the present, you're being overly dramatic.

Why are you posting here in some strange dedication to trying to make the pick look bad?

4 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

You seem more like a Bears/Lions/Vikings fan, than you do a Dolphins fan pretending to be 1/2 a Packers fan. 

Whew! Finally made it through! Some real fun stuff in this one...

I was just thinking to myself the other day... Boy, I sure hope we can add another polarizing situation to the fan base. Wouldn't that be keen! For real though, I don't hate this pick and I dont love it. I think it will grow on me, and if it pans out it was a big time move. I personally don't feel this means the Packers are not trying to still compete. Obviously we are not a top teir roster in the NFC, but that is also why they play the game. Not saying it as a pass for the drafting over the last few years, but it is the reality. Our season isn't lost because we took a QB to develop. I like that approach more than throwing the kid out there. That being said I was shocked. I was expecting it in the next two years, but I guess if it's there you take it. LIke most things in life I think the truth is in the middle. This was a high rated player on our board that was around our pick. They choose to go for it instead of trading back. We still have more picks, and this isn't going to ruin the draft or the season for me. Covid has aready did that thank you very much! :D

I know it's the easy thing to do to just compare situations to the past. Makes us feel prepared, but this isn't going to be like those years. I don't see Aaron ignoring the kid, and being an *** about it. In fact I am hoping it really lights the fire under him, and we see him stop trying to be a super hero and really show us and the league why he is a goat. I read people talking about the Brett and Aaron relationship as if it were still bad. They are good friends now, and he has talked about that openly. I think 4 could be a good resource too. I think we are in a good situation. I don't think this will ruin the season, destroy the locker room, or create a ton of drama. Lets all just accept that it happened and enjoy the rest of this strange *** draft. At least Macafee and Hawks show was delightful!

Go Pack Go!

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

Just now, cannondale said:

That's what I would choose to do the next 4 years instead of jumping on a treadmill and banking on the 1% chance Love hits.

1% chance.......

Is it possible to have a rational conversation with the anti-Love crowd? I'd like to. Some of you I guess are doing a decent job.

I don't have kids yet, but some of you sound like the 4 year olds in the grocery store whose mom doesn't get them the marshmallow cereal they wanted and now I can hear them 3 isles down. It's unbecoming. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blink said:

What is with this mindset that a first round pick is literally our only option in terms of trying to compete now?  A single pick isn't giving up on the present, you're being overly dramatic.

Why are you posting here in some strange dedication to trying to make the pick look bad?

I believe it was a bad pick, and I'm not trying to be a downer on the pack, I'm not trying to make the pick look bad, IMO it does look bad.  I'm just shocked to see so many feel that it was a good pick...….Don't get me wrong, we have our share of posters wearing Teal and Orange sunglasses in the Fins Forum too......

Just now, Packerraymond said:

1% chance.......

Is it possible to have a rational conversation with the anti-Love crowd? I'd like to. Some of you I guess are doing a decent job.

I don't have kids yet, but some of you sound like the 4 year olds in the grocery store whose mom doesn't get them the marshmallow cereal they wanted and now I can hear them 3 isles down. It's unbecoming. 

Add up all the QB's taken out of the top 10 and do the math. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You seem more like a Bears/Lions/Vikings fan, than you do a Dolphins fan pretending to be 1/2 a Packers fan. 

I'm not pretending to be anything, except for on Thursday night date night......That's when I dress up like Patrick and the Misses dresses up like Sponge Bob, u know so she can soak up the wet spot.