1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

He can move, but he doesn't seem fast, quick or elusive to me. He gets caught or takes straight on hits a lot. I don't want to say he's not athletic, maybe angular ??

Gute says he has a loose arm. Don't know the difference between that and a long delivery. Certainly not a compact delivery. Is there a measureable for that ? Anyone put a stopwatch on his delivery ??

Love has a quick delivery the long delivery of the draft was Herbert.

Edited by Green19

22 minutes ago, cannondale said:

He can move, but he doesn't seem fast, quick or elusive to me. He gets caught or takes straight on hits a lot. I don't want to say he's not athletic, maybe angular ??

Gute says he has a loose arm. Don't know the difference between that and a long delivery. Certainly not a compact delivery. Is there a measureable for that ? Anyone put a stopwatch on his delivery ??

heres a good breakdown

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Are 2018 games tough to get a hold of for Love? I've seen the MSU game, but that's it. Realize before Love took them to an 11-2 season, no one probably wanted to watch USU on TV.

As always, thanks for all you do with these! 

I think people forget that Gary Anderson was responsible for huge setbacks for QB play at Wisconsin, so who knows how much Anderson's philosophy contributed to problems for Love in 2019 that were caused by the loss of offensive personnel.  

I still can't believe how he ****ed with the QB position at Wisconsin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

There is no way to say that Kinlaw will outperform Buckner. Nor is there anyway to say that Aiyuk will outperform Sanders.  Those are good sized shoes to fill, and they have had high picks not turn out well in the past- Solomon Thomas is one for instance.

Jordan Love replacing Aaron Rodgers is exponentially more far-fetched than either of those scenarios, considering Kinlaw was just as good of a prospect as Buckner and Aiyuk was a much better prospect than Sanders.

9 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

You clearly don't understand the point.  Try trolling someone else.

My point was, replacing vets who would be receiving big contracts with young, equally talented players who will have negligible cap hits for the next 4 years is a move in the right direction.  I consider that improvement from a personnel standpoint, especially since they were so much better than the next best NFC team to begin with and now will have more salary flexibility to add talent.  There is likely going to be a dropoff at DT initially, but seeing how effective Shanahan has been at utilizing offensive talent there's no reason to believe Aiyuk can't be as good as Sanders is at this point, and he's much cheaper

Love is a guy who realistically won't see the field for at least 3 years.  And once he does, most of the benefit of having a QB on a rookie contract is gone.  And who knows if he'll even be any good by that point.  

Edited by Patriotplayer90

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

My point was, replacing vets who would be receiving big contracts with young, equally talented players who will have negligible cap hits for the next 4 years is a move in the right direction.  I consider that improvement from a personnel standpoint, especially since they were so much better than the next best NFC team to begin with and now will have more salary flexibility to add talent.  Love is a guy who realistically won't see the field for at least 3 years.  And once he does, most of the benefit of having a QB on a rookie contract is gone.  And who knows if he'll even be any good by that point.

And that whole post ignores the question of whether the 49ers actually got better for 2020 or just stayed the same.

They lost 2 players that were important to their 2019 run, and replaced them with rookies who despite their high draft placement are not guaranteed to be successful, especially not at the level of veterans that have been able to earn those large contracts

The Packers drafting of Love is controversial at best, but your presumed ability to see the future is just nonsense. 

The whole 49er topic to me is funny... given they don’t have a QB.

They are going to waste that talent with a QB they spend more time trying to game plan around so he doesn’t screw the game up... then actually game planning to winning.

Plus it’s a year to year league. 49ers can get key injuries... given the age of some of their best guys etc. Who we think are the top teams will change come December.

No one is talking Cardinals but watch them be the best team out of the West. You never know honestly.

Well looked at it some more and his delivery still looks unique to me. I guess I have to say unique because maybe there's nothing wrong with it. Long ? Whippy ? Above my pay grade at this point. Certainly not elusive at all. As I was watching it had me wondering if Aaron is quicker and faster at 36 than he is at 21.

Edited by cannondale

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

The whole 49er topic to me is funny... given they don’t have a QB.

They are going to waste that talent with a QB they spend more time trying to game plan around so he doesn’t screw the game up... then actually game planning to winning.

Plus it’s a year to year league. 49ers can get key injuries... given the age of some of their best guys etc. Who we think are the top teams will change come December.

No one is talking Cardinals but watch them be the best team out of the West. You never know honestly.

Jimmy G may not be Mahommes, but he isn't a bad QB.  They can win a lot of games with him, and not every team gets to have a future HOF QB.

I just think they took a big risk by reducing their draft to 2 high picks and 3 late round picks.  If those even one of those two high picks bust, they they got worse this off season, in my opinion.

It just appears to me that Gute thinks he had a pretty good base in a team that went 13-3, and went out to get the guys he felt would best further the cause of the team with depth at key positions where adequate depth was in question.  Clearly, back up QB has recently been a big problem, and while the pick has been controversial, if their grade is correct we may have a guy that can keep the playoff hopes alive if Rodgers goes down for a month.  

We may not have gotten better, nor closed the gap with the 49ers, but we didn't get worse either.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Well looked at it some more and his delivery still looks unique to me. I guess I have to say unique because maybe there's nothing wrong with it. Long ? Whippy ? Above my pay grade at this point. Certainly not elusive. As I was watching it had me wondering if Aaron is quicker and faster at 36 than he is at 21.

Aaron's motion needed a lot of work coming out too.  

QB picks are tough, and I don't have a lot of faith in Gute's QB evaluations, but I am hoping that he proves me wrong on this one.

40 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

And that whole post ignores the question of whether the 49ers actually got better for 2020 or just stayed the same.

They lost 2 players that were important to their 2019 run, and replaced them with rookies who despite their high draft placement are not guaranteed to be successful, especially not at the level of veterans that have been able to earn those large contracts

The Packers drafting of Love is controversial at best, but your presumed ability to see the future is just nonsense. 

They acquired Two first round picks and Trent Williams.  That's not a victory for this team.  Shanahan and Lynch aren't going anywhere , and they are only getting better at their craft.  It's possible that Jimmy G will prove to be a bottleneck that they can't overcome, and they'll address it.  And it's very unlikely they'll do it several years in advance with valuable draft capital at the expense of helping the team in the near future.  Even looking at the long term, I'm not seeing much upside.  A team should be able to address both long term and short term issues to be able to remain competitive and improve, and we just dropped the ball and it's really questionable if they'll ever be able to do. 

1 hour ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

My point was, replacing vets who would be receiving big contracts with young, equally talented players who will have negligible cap hits for the next 4 years is a move in the right direction.  I consider that improvement from a personnel standpoint, especially since they were so much better than the next best NFC team to begin with and now will have more salary flexibility to add talent.  There is likely going to be a dropoff at DT initially, but seeing how effective Shanahan has been at utilizing offensive talent there's no reason to believe Aiyuk can't be as good as Sanders is at this point, and he's much cheaper

Love is a guy who realistically won't see the field for at least 3 years.  And once he does, most of the benefit of having a QB on a rookie contract is gone.  And who knows if he'll even be any good by that point.  

Anyone saying Kinlaw is an equal talent to Buckner has got to be trolling.