KingTitan

Now that I slept on it

I have nothing against the player, he looks like a fine kid

Im just wanted someone who can come in an help immediately 

I know this kid will be used a lot as an extra linemen on certain packages

As a whole I really do like our O-Line group there is a lot of depth there now 

We also added Sambrailo

Both Guards were playing really well to end the season

Still have tonight to add some players who may come in and contribute right away

Im not in love with the pick from the position we drafted standpoint but I can see why they like this kid and JRob has had more good picks than not so I’m not going to criticize him but I just want guys to help our defense immediately 

Clowney and Logan Ryan are still in play to come back at this moment so things will play out very soon

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Now that I slept on it

I have nothing against the player, he looks like a fine kid

Im just wanted someone who can come in an help immediately 

I know this kid will be used a lot as an extra linemen on certain packages

As a whole I really do like our O-Line group there is a lot of depth there now 

We also added Sambrailo

Both Guards were playing really well to end the season

Still have tonight to add some players who may come in and contribute right away

Im not in love with the pick from the position we drafted standpoint but I can see why they like this kid and JRob has had more good picks than not so I’m not going to criticize him but I just want guys to help our defense immediately 

Clowney and Logan Ryan are still in play to come back at this moment so things will play out very soon

That ship has sailed....

Me being a UGA fan I see him play a lot. He definitely fits what we want to do.We want to run the ball and we got a gigantic human to help us continue. If anything him playing for UGA could help him play sooner since running the ball was their bread and butter. I just hate Oline in the first but he’s a titan and dawg so I love him lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Like people have pointed out, Wilson is a tackle.  And I don't see the FO throwing in the towel on a third round guard just coming off of his rookie season, especially when he improved over it.

Meh.  I have no problem taking a tackle, but I had Cleveland and Jones higher, though I know Wilson is a better fit at RT than they are.  I had Wilson as a late second/early third, though I know others had him a lot higher, and he was supposed to go in this range, it's just really hard to see him as the actual best player available.  YGM, Epenesa, Gladney, Diggs, and even Mims I had higher.  Not to mention like four DLs, though they can be had way later.  Also the RBs.

Yeah, that would be unprecedented for the Titans, wouldn't it?

Well, I didn't know much about him and ESPN showed a few clips of him at OG and called him an OG. So that was my reason for the comment.

5 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

eont know what games you were watching my guy, but wilson lined up at tackle. literally played every snap last year at OT.

I didn't know much about him. ESPN announced him as a OG and showed a clip of him at OG. Hence my comment.

From Bob McGinn's tremendous article series on The Athletic with anonymous scout takes:

“He’s just gigantic,” said one scout. “Size is his best friend. He is so big. Not top-flight foot movement but good enough for being that big. He’s strong and he’s tough. I doubt that (first round). That would shock me.”

“Like him,” another scout said. “He’s massive. He moves good. He’s got great length. I think he’s a starting right tackle and will play for a while.”

“He is one tough, nasty guy,” said a third scout. “I guess you could play him on the left side and get by with him.”

“He wasn’t ready to come out,” said a fourth scout. “He needed another year. He’s really susceptible to a good bull rush. For being such a big human being there’s some functional lightness to that guy. He looks like a big mountain of a man but he doesn’t play real heavy. You can take him down the middle.”

Added a fifth scout: “He is big but he’s so bad technique. He ducks his head, he bends at the waist. But that (guy) is big. He could be a star or bust.”

In the long run it is proven if you want a top 1-3 OL in the NFL you need to have a lot of 1st round picks in it.  The titans need a top OL to succeed with the style of play. I was watching closely and there wasn’t that many game changers if any left O or D when we drafted so getting a legit OT is good value in the long run if he pans out and becomes a everyday starter     

13 minutes ago, quiller said:

In the long run it is proven if you want a top 1-3 OL in the NFL you need to have a lot of 1st round picks in it.  The titans need a top OL to succeed with the style of play. I was watching closely and there wasn’t that many game changers if any left O or D when we drafted so getting a legit OT is good value in the long run if he pans out and becomes a everyday starter     

But how many super bowls does a top 3 OL gets you with a lot of them being 1st rounders 🤔... 

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

But how many super bowls does a top 3 OL gets you with a lot of them being 1st rounders 🤔... 

What does win you Super Bowls now a days tho? 

Last year it was a Outerworldly QB.
Year before it was a HOF QB.
It was HOF QBs all the way back to 2014 outside of the Eagles
Then Denver won because of a defense and an old HOF QB.

I don't know if anything other than an HOF QB consistently gets you a chance at a Super Bowl.

• Like 4

I think this kid will be starting at some point this year.. Look at how we Brought Nate Davis along and I think he was thought to be more "developmental" than this kid is.. I understand he needs to improve but guess what? EVERY ROOKIE DRATED NEEDS TO. I think this kid is better than Dennis Kelly is RIGHT NOW.. He's too good not to start.. wouldn't surprise me if he's the week one guy once training camp sorts itself out. 

8 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

I think this kid will be starting at some point this year.. Look at how we Brought Nate Davis along and I think he was thought to be more "developmental" than this kid is.. I understand he needs to improve but guess what? EVERY ROOKIE DRATED NEEDS TO. I think this kid is better than Dennis Kelly is RIGHT NOW.. He's too good not to start.. wouldn't surprise me if he's the week one guy once training camp sorts itself out. 

Davis started because we had no options at G, however Kelly is very solid at RT. I don’t see him starting unless he’s undoubtedly better than kelly.