Best talent available Day 2 NFL draft..

resilient part 2

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Stephen Jones said we have 2 first round grades left.

I’d bet those names are Diggs and Swift. Would not be at all surprised to see us trade up for a falling Diggs if he gets into the 40s.

I think Diggs may be one. Not sure who the other is. I'd lean with Epenesa.

39 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think Diggs may be one. Not sure who the other is. I'd lean with Epenesa.

Swift was scheduled to be a top-30 visit. The reporting has shown a big connection between Swift and the Cowboys; Mike Fisher said Swift could be another “blinking red light” test at #51. And they tend to be very willing to put 1st round grades on RBs; a few years ago Dalvin Cook was their last 1st round grade.

I don’t think there is any scenario where they would actually take him. But I really think Swift is one of the 2 with that grade.

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I have no idea what the part in bold means. We don't have two 3rd round picks this year.

I keep forgetting the comp pick is 5th round not 3 rd.    I didn’t say it right but would like to see us give our 2nd round pick and a 4th rd pick to 5th for a pick in the 33-40 range instead of 51

my guess on 1st round grades.  Mckinny and Espenessa 

Edited by quiller

Just now, quiller said:

I keep forgetting the comp pick is 5th round not 3 rd.    I didn’t say it right but would like to see us give our 2nd round pick and a 4th rd pick to 5th for a pick in the 33-40 range instead of 51

I would say that we should be patient and let the board come to us. Unless one of the guys whom we have a 1st round grade or a high 2nd round grade on slides, then we can wait. We have a healthy list of players who would be great fits at 51, and it's literally impossible for all of them to be selected, so I think we're ok.

A good thing is that we'll also have at least one more 3rd next year.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I would say that we should be patient and let the board come to us. Unless one of the guys whom we have a 1st round grade or a high 2nd round grade on slides, then we can wait. We have a healthy list of players who would be great fits at 51, and it's literally impossible for all of them to be selected, so I think we're ok.

Agreed.

I would only look to trade up if the board starts to turn on us and defensive players start coming off the board in early round 2. Their should be enough options to fall our way at 51 that we wont need to move up.

24 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I agree about being patient at 51. I think I’ll be antsy to move up from our 3rd round pick if some of these names last long enough.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Our second and third picks are in great position.  Would like to use 4th and 5th to move up in the 4th.