Packers QB situation

SalvadorsDeli

40 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

Many teams actually.

Baltimore, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta - all have comparable or better QBs who are younger than Rodgers.

Philly - Wentz is not as good as Rodgers,  but he’s 9 years younger.

Even a team like Arizona. I’d rather have Kyler Murray for 15 years than Rodgers for 2 + completely unproven Love.

Seattle has a good argument. Houston is next in line. Baltimore, I could maayyyyyy be convinced, but need to see he's not a one-year wonder.

lol @ Atlanta and Dallas...yikes

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Seattle has a good argument. Houston is next in line. Baltimore, I could maayyyyyy be convinced, but need to see he's not a one-year wonder.

lol @ Atlanta and Dallas...yikes

He can't be a 1 year wonder if he also did it for 7 games in 2018.

You can make an argument that he has to be better in the playoffs but 23 games is not the same as 16.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He can't be a 1 year wonder if he also did it for 7 games in 2018.

You can make an argument that he has to be better in the playoffs but 23 games is not the same as 16.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       31 22 19-3-0 364 571 63.7 4328 42 7.4 9 1.6 228 83 7.6 8.3 11.9 139.6 104.7   39 177 6.80 7.52 6.4 1 3 33
2018 21 BAL qb 8 16 7 6-1-0 99 170 58.2 1201 6 3.5 3 1.8 67 74 7.1 7.0 12.1 75.1 84.5 46.3 16 71 6.08 5.99 8.6 0 1 8
2019*+ 22 BAL QB 8 15 15 13-2-0 265 401 66.1 3127 36 9.0 6 1.5 161 83 7.8 8.9 11.8 208.5 113.3   23 106 7.13 8.19 5.4 1 2 25

His 58% completion, ANY/Y sub 6, and passer rating of 84.5 have him firmly as a bottom 5-10 QB in 2018. He didn't do "it" for 7 games in 2018.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       31 22 19-3-0 364 571 63.7 4328 42 7.4 9 1.6 228 83 7.6 8.3 11.9 139.6 104.7   39 177 6.80 7.52 6.4 1 3 33
2018 21 BAL qb 8 16 7 6-1-0 99 170 58.2 1201 6 3.5 3 1.8 67 74 7.1 7.0 12.1 75.1 84.5 46.3 16 71 6.08 5.99 8.6 0 1 8
2019*+ 22 BAL QB 8 15 15 13-2-0 265 401 66.1 3127 36 9.0 6 1.5 161 83 7.8 8.9 11.8 208.5 113.3   23 106 7.13 8.19 5.4 1 2 25

His 58% completion, ANY/Y sub 6, and passer rating of 84.5 have him firmly as a bottom 5-10 QB in 2018. He didn't do "it" for 7 games in 2018.

He was 6-1 and he also ran for 695 yards and 5 TDs in those 7 games.

Welcome to the new millennium, do try to keep up.

Rodgers was 2-5 with a 94 rating, 124 yards rushing and 2 TDs in those 7 games.

So to further the discussion: Its Lamar Jackson over Aaron Rodgers in the last 23 regular season games and its not close.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

He was 6-1 and he also ran for 695 yards and 5 TDs in those 7 games.

Welcome to the new millennium, do try to keep up.

Rodgers was 2-5 with a 94 rating, 124 yards rushing and 2 TDs in those 7 games.

So to further the discussion: Its Lamar Jackson over Aaron Rodgers in the last 23 regular season games and its not close.

Using W/L record as a QB stat? Yikes man...

Yeah because no coach, GM, or fan wants to win games.

If we can get our teams behind by 40 early and then really let our QB compile stats then we are all happy campers! xD

Show me someone who does not think wins and losses are a QBs stats and I will show you a loser.

47 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Yeah because no coach, GM, or fan wants to win games.

If we can get our teams behind by 40 early and then really let our QB compile stats then we are all happy campers! xD

Show me someone who does not think wins and losses are a QBs stats and I will show you a loser.

So by your logic, Favre is the second greatest qb of all time?

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. You already mentioned Edwards, and I think AGG for the Redskins will see significant time. 

Not trying to troll, but how much of that is a byproduct of a terrible WR corps this side of Terry McLaurin?  I'll be honest, I'm not sure there's a WR outside of McLaurin that would crack the Packers 55 man roster.

9 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

No it wasn’t. During that time QBs weren’t known to play into their forties. The rules weren’t as lax as they are now so QBs last longer 

also the packers didn’t move and at the point got the best player available. This time they moved up and there were many players better, specifically ones with positions in need 

It really was.  The Packers had the option to draft for the future (i.e. Aaron Rodgers) or draft more win-now players (i.e. Marlin Jackson, Shaun Cody, etc.).  The Packers opted to choose for the long-term, and the rest is history.

9 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The big difference from fans' perspective is that Rodgers was perceived as good value where they got him since he was falling. Love was taken right at his range. 

I do agree it is similar but that's a pretty important distinction. 

That's kinda my point.  Rodgers was perceived as good value because people thought he was a potential #1 overall pick.  But because Love wasn't viewed as a #1 overall pick, he's somehow bad value?  No.  90% people are just parroting what a few talking heads have said, and haven't done the research themselves.

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ummm. Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault would both been enormous upgrades for that offense over Love.

Do you really think Rodgers likes going out every Sunday knowing that he has guys like Lazard and Valdez-Scantling as his 2nd and 3rd options to win games?

I mean Adams can't catch 250 balls and 3k yards to make up for the extreme lack of options the Packers have on offense in the passing game

Higgins is a vertical, jump ball receiver. Nothing more. Guess who doesn't throw 50/50 balls? He'd be an awful fit in GB.

Shenault's a project himself. He's still learning to play receiver and his route running needs a lot of work. If you're not where he wants you when he wants you, Rodgers isn't throwing to you. Couple that with Rodgers never utilizing rookies anyway (hasn't developed that trust,) and I fail to see how either would provide immediate impact. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

That's kinda my point.  Rodgers was perceived as good value because people thought he was a potential #1 overall pick.  But because Love wasn't viewed as a #1 overall pick, he's somehow bad value?  No.  90% people are just parroting what a few talking heads have said, and haven't done the research themselves.

It's not necessarily being anti-Love or against Love's value, it's probably more to do with being against NOT giving Rodgers a WR early in the draft to take them over the top. A lot of people (myself included) think GB are there or thereabouts, and any early draft pick was surely earmarked for something to help right now, and push them over the top.

The defense was seemingly sorted out, something that GB fans claims has always stopped Rodgers winning more SB - and it translated into resuls, now the void seemed to be talented receiving options outside of Adams. They had the chance to address that. 

The opinions on Love as a player is a separate argument, imo.

6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

He's not though, that's just a bunch of boneheads projecting their thoughts onto Rodgers, including Favre who acted like a jilted 13 year old when AR was drafted
Favre went ballistic, screamed at his agent, threatened retirement, stomped his feet and was a total ***** when that draft went down.
Now he's on TV saying Aaron has every right to be pissed just like he was back in 06. He's the crybaby you're referring to above

Aaron knows exactly what its like to be in Love's shoes and he won't put him through the same bs that Favre did.

I don't disagree. Not buying any of the narrative the media has been dousing with fire since the pick. And Favre is just stirring the pot here....

Edited by Nex_Gen

Was Doug up all night slamming back bourbon with Goodell?? ^

He says 'don't reach for a need' - I don't think a Higgins or Michael Pittman would be a reach at 30, but if they didn't have them high enough on big board, then fair enough. AJ Dillon is a reach at 62 however - and if you say 'RB wasn't a need' well then the pick is even more confusing. 

Edited by Hunter2_1