2.59: WR Denzel Mims

Bianconero

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

The more I think about this pick, the more I see the star potential. We know he has the speed and hips to create separation. Just need to be challenged and coached. He won't be able to just win with playing physical against CBs like Desir, Wilson, Austin, and our safeties in camp. He'll be forced into becoming a sharper route runner. He's going to have his hands full against Howard, Jones, Gilmore, and White in our division. So I'm expecting a tough year for him, but it's going to be a great development year. 

Maybe down the road. Doubt he gets the respect right away of the teams #1 CB. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Maybe down the road. Doubt he gets the respect right away of the teams #1 CB. 

They won't be locked on him all game but he'll still get them because we don't have another WR who deserves it either. So they won't assign their CBs to stick to one person all game. 

On 4/29/2020 at 10:47 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Also Doctson? Same conference? I’m gonna go to the Cowboys forum and tell them CeeDee Lambs floor is Josh Doctson. 

Theres a history of big 12 receivers going high in recent years and whiffing. Kendall wright, corey coleman, DGB, Kevin White, Josh Doctson.

Doctson and Mims in particular won the same way in the big 12. Wide open offenses vs phantom defenses. Similar builds. Excellent at high pointing the ball. Suspect route tree. I think Mims ceiling is sky high, but the floor is not very good lol. 

Also you can be upset about the floor/ceiling thing if you want, but as far as ive ever seen a floor is the worst likely outcome and ceiling is the best likely outcome. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Theres a history of big 12 receivers going high in recent years and whiffing. Kendall wright, corey coleman, DGB, Kevin White, Josh Doctson.

Doctson and Mims in particular won the same way in the big 12. Wide open offenses vs phantom defenses. Similar builds. Excellent at high pointing the ball. Suspect route tree. I think Mims ceiling is sky high, but the floor is not very good lol. 

Also you can be upset about the floor/ceiling thing if you want, but as far as ive ever seen a floor is the worst likely outcome and ceiling is the best likely outcome. 

No

3 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Baylor had the 52nd ranked offense in the nation last year.   If you think that's a wide open offense that inflates numbers then you probably also think the Jets had a real hum dinger of an offense last year. 

Yeah, a lot of people still seem to view Baylor as this pass heavy, air raid offense like Hawaii or Wash St.  Charlie Brewer threw 389 times last year which ranked 35th in attempts, Anthony Gordon was 1st at 689.

Joe Burrow threw 527 times, dont see many questioning Justin Jefferson for the offense he played in (not that should, just giving an example)

Edited by Abe56

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Baylor had the 52nd ranked offense in the nation last year.   If you think that's a wide open offense that inflates numbers then you probably also think the Jets had a real hum dinger of an offense last year. 

Yup, they think Briles is still there running the show.

7 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Bust is the floor for everyone but physical limitations can rule goat conversations out at certain positions 

Ehhhh thats even debatable. Jerry Rice is arguably the best WR ever and he wasn't anything great physically. Wasn't crazy fast, agile or anything like that. He just ran crisp routes and had good hands.

That's just 1 example. There's several others. Especially on defense of players with great instincts rather than a great physical skill set.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ehhhh thats even debatable. Jerry Rice is arguably the best WR ever and he wasn't anything great physically. Wasn't crazy fast, agile or anything like that. He just ran crisp routes and had good hands.

That's just 1 example. There's several others. Especially on defense of players with great instincts rather than a great physical skill set.

I'm sorry but if you're 5 9 and slow you're never gonna be a top corner in this day and age 

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm sorry but if you're 5 9 and slow you're never gonna be a top corner in this day and age 

Obviously. I'm not saying anyone can be elite. I'm saying that there's plenty of players that have been physically limited who have been elite. Meaning you don't have to be an elite athlete to be elite. It sure helps. But there's countless examples of guys with rather average skill sets that have "x" factors that have made them elite.

I think Mims could end up being the best receiver in the draft. He’s got the size, speed, hands to succeed just needs to get out there and prove it. I have him right there with Jeudy and CeeDee