2.59: WR Denzel Mims

Bianconero

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

I don't agree with your assessment but its fine

I wish we could have seen Perriman, Robby, Mims, & Crowder :fire:

Yes It would have been nice to keep Anderson, But he was overrated. He was a good deep threat, but not much else. He thought of himself higher than he actually was and it annoyed me how much he hurt Sam on throws with not fighting or giving up. I Just think hes a average WR, which would have been fine for us as a #3 now behind Crowder and MIms. 

4 hours ago, rampantjet said:

That's kind of an insane argument.   Guys that go behind other guys turn out better all the time. 

Let me see if I got you right, he is going to be better than JEUDY, Ruggs, & lamb, because he was pick behind them. It will be great if you are right.  

My comparison to Denzel MIms is Calvin Johnson.   Calvin Johnson also was criticized for having too many drops coming out. 

Any objections to having Calvin Johnson 2.0?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=calvin+johnson+georgia+tech+highlights

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/calvin_johnson.html

Denzel Mims

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Let me see if I got you right, he is going to be better than JEUDY, Ruggs, & lamb, because he was pick behind them. It will be great if you are right.  

... no.   He's not going to be better BECAUSE he was drafted behind them.   That's also madness.   I'm not even saying he'll be better.   I was just refuting your assertion that since GMs took other guys before him that means they're better.  

He could very well be better than any of those 3. I think his ceiling is just as high as theirs, but he probably has a bit lower floor.   

Through most of the process I had him as the #4 or 5 guy going back and forth with Jefferson.   Personally I'd have taken him over Jefferson. 

I mocked him to us happily after a trade back to 16 and wouldn't have blinked an eye when that happened. 

Edited by rampantjet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, famousj said:

My comparison to Denzel MIms is Calvin Johnson.   Calvin Johnson also was criticized for having too many drops coming out. 

Any objections to having Calvin Johnson 2.0?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=calvin+johnson+georgia+tech+highlights

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/calvin_johnson.html

Denzel Mims

I mean... I love Mims but Calvin might be a bit to much.   He's just not a huge and physically dominant as Calvin.   He 2 inches shorter about 30lbs lighter.  And while Mims has long arms Calvin has 36 inch long arms,  that is bananas.   That is longer than Becton's arms. 

I'd say his absolute upside is a slightly faster AJ Green, but that's if everything breaks right. 

I saw a criticism that Mims doesn’t get separation and honestly I think he just prefers using the physicality of a DB against them. Like I saw he uses leverage to get open. He’s not a run by you or run away from you type of receiver. He’s more methodical in his approach. I was scared of Buffalo getting him tbh. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I saw a criticism that Mims doesn’t get separation and honestly I think he just prefers using the physicality of a DB against them. Like I saw he uses leverage to get open. He’s not a run by you or run away from you type of receiver. He’s more methodical in his approach. I was scared of Buffalo getting him tbh. 

Ya his game is a game plan. He literally sets up back shoulder throws for his QB on purpose. Wants the ball up high where he knows he will win most times, etc.

These are things that take time though. Darnold is going to have to learn Mims like Mims will have to learn Darnold. And eventually they’ll click IMO. Just probably won’t hit the ground running. I’d love for them to though and prove my guess wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya his game is a game plan. He literally sets up back shoulder throws for his QB on purpose. Wants the ball up high where he knows he will win most times, etc.

These are things that take time though. Darnold is going to have to learn Mims like Mims will have to learn Darnold. And eventually they’ll click IMO. Just probably won’t hit the ground running. I’d love for them to though and prove my guess wrong.

Yeah, if Mims zigs while Sam zags then that’s 6 the other way. 

Sam had good chemistry with Crowder early, I think Crowder had like 12 or 15 targets week 1 if I’m not mistaken so there’s hope. Hopefully we get a real training camp. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah, if Mims zigs while Sam zags then that’s 6 the other way. 

Sam had good chemistry with Crowder early, I think Crowder had like 12 or 15 targets week 1 if I’m not mistaken so there’s hope. Hopefully we get a real training camp. 

Yes the more they can play together the better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I agree and the way he uses his leverage is a big part of the game. Most Wrs coming in struggle with the fight vs CBs that happens when the ball is arriving. He's really good at that.