Bianconero

37 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True, every player is their own person.

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

OK  Why not?  I'm bored.

Hands: A.J. Green
Body Positioning vs defender: Terrell Owens
Speed: Really no need to comp to anyone, but Randy Moss
Routes: Nobody I would like. But way better than Metcalf last year.

That was fun. And f course I'm right.

6 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Jesus lol. I get that Mims is the best WR prospect the Jets have drafted since Keyshawn Johnson (which is pathetic), but come on. Allen Robinson is a pro bowl WR coming off a season where he had 98 catches, 1,150 yards, and 7 TDs with terrible QB play. I feel like a large portion of the fan base has convinced themselves we drafted the next Julio Jones/AJ Green. Could he reach those levels? Possibly. But he just isn’t anywhere near the kind of prospect they were, which is why they went inside the top 10.

I’d say his floor is Tyrell Williams. Deep threat with some red zone chops, who’s route running and contested catch ability is to inconsistent to be relied on as a go-to WR.

Hahahaha yeah a-rob as the floor is just funny

The floor is Moncrief or Josh Doctson. Especially Doctson. Same conference. Similar profile. 

Edited by Colt45fool

24 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Hahahaha yeah a-rob as the floor is just funny

The floor is Moncrief or Josh Doctson. Especially Doctson. Same conference. Similar profile. 

Yeah, comparing a 2nd round pick to a 2nd pick. One of whom is far more explosive than the other is...wait for it 

Hilarious

I mean at least I didn’t compare him to Calvin Johnson. 

• Like 1

I don't see the Moncrief comparison, that is basically just picking a random WR that doesn't have a similar style of play and comparing them to say Mims will be bad like Moncrief.

The film is nothing alike. Mims is a different player. Watch the catches and body control he has, not many WRs have that.

Yes Doctson has made some great grabs, and hopefully Doctson will make those great grabs with the Jets. But Mims is bigger and stronger nad more physical than Doctson.

When I watch Mims I see more with a lot of top WRs, the way he uses his length and ability to adjust to the ball. Route running will improve in the NFL.

A lot of crazy comparisons going around for him. Personally I don’t see Moncrief at all. As I stated I don’t think he compares to an exact WR in the NFL. He himself when asked who he models his game after, says no one. That he just is Denzel. And I like that.

For me the closest prospect he is like is Demayrius Thomas. And he turned out pretty damn good. But if you crunch the combine numbers he is similar to that of Julio. No I don’t think he will ever be as good as Julio. But im just pointing out he’s closer to that than he is Moncrief.

I think what some aren’t realizing is is that he just not a combine warrior. He had crazy stats to go with it and an incredible senior bowl. He literally did everything he could to show he’s legit. I’ve seen Stephen Hill get thrown around as a comparison. Stephen Hill did very little in college and was a combine warrior. This isn’t the case with Mims. He’s legit.

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah, comparing a 2nd round pick to a 2nd pick. One of whom is far more explosive than the other is...wait for it 

Hilarious

I mean at least I didn’t compare him to Calvin Johnson. 

You didn't simply compare the two players.. You said Allen Robinson was his floor. That's a little bit ridiculous. If you're going to get defensive, at least be fair in what someone is disagreeing with.

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Yeap he had 20 contested catches, which was tied for the most in college last year. But he also only made 48% of his contested catches, which isn’t a great number. 

48% on contested catches seems pretty decent.   I have no idea what most people contested catch rate is,  but Robby Andersons total catch rate last year was 54%....  that includes gimmies where he was open

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

You didn't simply compare the two players.. You said Allen Robinson was his floor. That's a little bit ridiculous. If you're going to get defensive, at least be fair in what someone is disagreeing with.

First of all don’t call me defensive because I’m just having fun with it, I don’t really care overall. 

Now when talking about a players floor you’re referencing his potential. 

If Mims untaps his potential then his floor is Allen Robinson, not quite Elite but a damn good receiver who will produce. That’s when discussing floors and ceilings. 

This isn’t about how bad he can be but about good he can be. That’s where the disconnect is here, so again if you wanna talk floors just say his floor is being an outright bust. 

So again if Mims becomes the best player he can be then his floor is Allen Robinson(Pro bowler not quite Elite) and his ceiling is(DeAndre Hopkins)

But that’s only if he becomes a good player. If he becomes an average player then that range changes.

So from now on guys a players floor is bust and ceiling and all time great. You know since we can’t discuss a players potential. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

The more I think about this pick, the more I see the star potential. We know he has the speed and hips to create separation. Just need to be challenged and coached. He won't be able to just win with playing physical against CBs like Desir, Wilson, Austin, and our safeties in camp. He'll be forced into becoming a sharper route runner. He's going to have his hands full against Howard, Jones, Gilmore, and White in our division. So I'm expecting a tough year for him, but it's going to be a great development year.