2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

On 4/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, Packerraymond said:

You don't draft a RB for a succession plan, you just don't. It's a plug and play position.

That being said, a snowy game like Carolina where the Smith Bros and Clark are wreaking havoc as we score 24 points in a win as Jones, Williams and Dillon get 40 carries sounds like a nice way to spend a December Sunday afternoon.

You were close, 1 game off. Tho we did score 24 vs the Panthers too. 

On 4/24/2020 at 8:30 PM, beekay414 said:

Not sure how I feel about that but he fits what we want. 

On 4/24/2020 at 8:30 PM, Shockwave said:

<-- Huge BC fan. You got yourself a total stud of a RB. Not sure if it fits your offensive scheme. But he's a bulldozer

On 4/24/2020 at 8:31 PM, deathstar said:

I guess LaFleur liked what Henry brought his offense.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:32 PM, beekay414 said:

High RAS score and he's a bruiser. Probably plan on him being our Derrick Henry.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:34 PM, Nick_gb said:

Packers are drafting like there isnt going to be a 2020 Season

Just a lot of good stuff on pages 1 and 2.  And I'm done reposting.  Just go read.  It is worth it.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:53 PM, Outpost31 said:

Can we all just stop responding to SSG?

He just called a man who ran a 4.53 40 at 247 pounds a plodder and called Jordan Love Kizer.

He doesn't know WTF he's talking about. 

K.  I can't resist.  SSG was pretty gruesome concerning Dillon.  Beekay was spot on.  As were others.  Amazingly enough, I'm a few pages in and do not see a post of my own yet.  But just in case, I'm sitting here with a plate of crow and a side of Frank's Red Hot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Still comfortable with this take honestly. 

I don't think Dillon sucks, never really have, but I'm never going to be down for a RB in round 2. 

And it's still one game, right?

Didn't mean to single you out, or Raymond.  Just pointing out funny takes at the time.  And I do know that your skin is thick.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And it's still one game, right?

Didn't mean to single you out, or Raymond.  Just pointing out funny takes at the time.  And I do know that your skin is thick.

Just one game is part of it.

The other part is (and I'll go to my death saying it) every great game by a Running Back was actually a good game by a Running Back and a tremendous game by the offensive line. 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, Packerraymond said:

I guess we're going to run the crap out of the football and then play action to our room of massive WRs.

Then we're going to go on defense, and teams are going to run the crap out of the football and then play action to their room of open WRs.

Home run was hit here.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:59 PM, Leader said:

Dillon's thighs should be registered as deadly weapons. I wouldnt want to tackle the guy.

Followed by a stand up double hit to the gap.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:43 PM, SSG said:

Aaron Jones was our best and most productive WR once Adams went down.  Sorry, a lot of people who say that our WR room is fine are the sesame guys who called Jmon Moore an "elite prospect".  The same Jmon M more that needed 3/4 of a season before he could even make a practice squad. 

Our group of pass catchers is as bad as any in the league.  One quality WR and absolutely NOTHING at TE.  At TE we're banking on a guy who showed NOTHING as a receiver his rookie year.  

I'm not sure there are 5 teams in the league that have less talent in regards to pass catchers.  It's one down of football wasn't watched last year because this is exactly the same sort of thing we heard last year minus the hundreds of posts gushing about how great Jmon Moore was going to be because he was a Packer.  

And...a strike out with the bases loaded.

30 pages into the thread.  I'm still silent and my crow is getting cold.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The other part is (and I'll go to my death saying it) every great game by a Running Back was actually a good game by a Running Back and a tremendous game by the offensive line. 

No doubt.  Barry Sanders is the clear outlier to that thought.  But I honestly can't come up with another one that could produce at a high level with a poor offensive line.  I'm sure there are others, but that is the one that stands out to me.

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Good point, both though do feed off each other. When that RB can make something out of seemingly nothing I think the Oline feeds off that. Our backs don't go down easy and Dillon made some yards out there himself that the Oline didn't give him. That said our Oline did and have run blocked well this year. Bad running backs don't make more yards though goods ones like Jones and Dillon do in very different ways.

MLF and AR with play calling play a huge part in our run game also. AS you just pointed out AR getting his head into this and playing MLf's hand makes the whole thing work. I think Dillon is and can be a fine piece to our offence. As we all know RB's get hurt and nicked up, nice having one that can inflict some of that.

He laid the wood on a few would be tacklers on Sunday night. Plus he was a handful to tackle, he made quite a few yards too when it looked like he was bottled up. Trotting him out there in in this cold weather will be beneficial.

I remember the NFC championship game in 07 season early in that game Brandon Jacobs ran Woodson over and right there I thought the Giants would win. We did keep it close but no one wants to tackle 250 lbs coming at you at 4.5 speed at minus 10 outside. 

Good points by all parties noted just wanted to add to it AG. Great coming out game for Dillon no matter the outcome for his yards this week i hope he gets at least 10-12 carriers if successful a bit more.