Pick #81 is in: WR, Bryan Edwards, South Carolina

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

What’s his 40 time? Doesn’t seem to create a ton of separation. 

He can continue to develop as a route runner. He's not slow. He apparently ran in the 4.45-4.55 range. That seems about right. Probably closer to 4.55. But Allen Robinson ran a 4.6 and has been a monster in the NFL.

Both can do this at the catchpoint:

Guys also look slower in the SEC because everyone has speed. Which is telling because Ruggs still scored on 1/4 of his catches :o

I think we benefitted from Edwards not running a 40. All the projected I’ve seen are like 4.49 - 4.52 range which is damn good for a man his size. Also looks decently quick on tape. Looks like a 4.52 - 4.53. 

Edited by BayRaider

I would very much like to see him as a big slot, on the field with Williams and Ruggs.  

I dunno if he's gonna win outside consistently, making him a true WR1. He can bully, and do well in contested catches, but you cannot be a legit starter if you rely on winning 50/50 balls. 

Been starting since freshman year, I love that. 

10 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

What’s his 40 time? Doesn’t seem to create a ton of separation. 

Really I see the opposite. His QB play was horrendous. He has quick burst off line, does well against press, good 50/50 guy. He seems to have decent speed for big guy and strong. 40 time prob 4.45-4.52 range.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, massraider said:

I would very much like to see him as a big slot, on the field with Williams and Ruggs.  

I dunno if he's gonna win outside consistently, making him a true WR1. He can bully, and do well in contested catches, but you cannot be a legit starter if you rely on winning 50/50 balls. 

Been starting since freshman year, I love that. 

I've heard multiple times they want WRs that can play every spot. I think Edwards can be very effective outside but it probably doesn't matter much with the various ways they want to deploy WRs.