Pick #81 is in: WR, Bryan Edwards, South Carolina

RaidersAreOne

Probably our best value pick and it seems like everyone universally likes the pick. Has a very nice skill set, tough physically and mentally and as others have said Edwards at 81 is much better value than Pittman and loved both so its a win. I can see the plan now at receiver with Ruggs game breaking speed, Renfrows shifty slot qualities, Edwards as the big, physical guy and Bowden as the Swiss army knife. Intrigued to see how we fit all these in and it bares out what a few of us were saying last year that our WR corps were very poor and needed to be revamped.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Probably our best value pick and it seems like everyone universally likes the pick. Has a very nice skill set, tough physically and mentally and as others have said Edwards at 81 is much better value than Pittman and loved both so its a win. I can see the plan now at receiver with Ruggs game breaking speed, Renfrows shifty slot qualities, Edwards as the big, physical guy and Bowden as the Swiss army knife. Intrigued to see how we fit all these in and it bares out what a few of us were saying last year that our WR corps were very poor and needed to be revamped.

yep. perfect complement to Ruggs/Renfrow/Waller as a guy who can win contested balls on the boundary, and still fits the YAC theme. i think he ultimately replaces Tyrell Williams after this season when his guarantees are up. I didnt love the Ruggs pick, but this guy is a hell of a complement to Ruggs (also would have been for Jeudy, not as much for CeeDee). this is our best pick of the draft so far, imho

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Easily my favorite pick so far 

Definitely the best pick value wise so far.

Not that consensus rankings mean a whole lot (top 6-7 media guys averaged out)... but:

Ruggs Consensus Ranking #14

Pick #12

Arnette Consensus Ranking #45

Pick #19

Bowden Jr. Consensus Ranking #87

Pick #80

Bryan Edwards Consensus Ranking #74

Pick #81

Tanner Muse Consensus Ranking #148

Pick #100

Love this pick. One of those picks where it just fits with all of our hopes coming into the draft and while it’s unfolding. I think I saw a tonne of guys mocking complimentary WRS in the 1st and 3rd. Glad we used the depth of the position and love that Grudock have aggressively targeted getting us more weapons after a defense heavy FA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So pumped for the pick. Edwards was that dude I was talking about Mayock would draft who ends up the better WR on the team.

He and Ruggs will form a nice duo. This is they type WR Carr should jive with. Throw it up and he will go get it for you.

Brandon Marshall comparison?  That's kinda what I see.

Edited by Totty

My favorite pick BY FAR and one of my favorite players in the entire draft.  I had a top 40 grade on him and think he could actually be our #1 WR this year.  As Ruggs is better as a complimentary WR to me, Edwards has the profile and talent of a potential WR1.

Edwards is another WR that is being somewhat overshadowed due to injuries and WR depth. Like Shenault and Aiyuk, Edwards is another big, dynamic, explosive WR with phenomenal YAC ability, toughness, and physicality. Furthermore, Edwards has been incredibly productive at South Carolina starting with his true freshman season at only 17 years old. Edwards can line up all over the formation and turns into a RB with the ball in his hands. Not just a YAC guy, Edwards flashes fantastic hands and the ability to make incredible circus catches. While he doesn't create consistent separation, his quickness and burst is more than sufficient.

It's interesting that Mayock views Edwards as a pure X. I think he's more than that. He thrived in the slot and even as a runner. I like him more as a Z.

I think before long, the best group of receivers on the field will be Williams (X), Ruggs (slot), and Edwards (Z).