3.94 - Josiah Deguara [TE; Cincinnati]

CWood21

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Thanks for providing a projected comparison.

I can see the size similarities.

Of course, Walker ran a 4.55 40. He was a fast, very fast for a TE. 

Degaura is, not fast.

Is the 40-yard dash the only test at the Combine?

9 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Degaura is, not fast.

He's instinctive though, so he plays faster than Robert Tonyan and his 4.58 time does

10 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Degaura is, not fast.

He's not going to line up against CBs. I don't think that's ever projected out of him. However, he is fast enough to work the man and zone coverages LBs and Safeties will line up on him. 

He rans a lot of deep routes in his highlights with some yards after the catch.

It's a good value pick in the third. 

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Is a TE who just ran a 4.72 40 likely to become the same type of "weapon" as a TE who ran a 4.55 40 and caught balls down the field?

Have you watched the film yet? 

You're infatuation with the 40 is preposterous. Guess we should've drafted John Ross and traded Davante Adams.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Is a TE who just ran a 4.72 40 likely to become the same type of "weapon" as a TE who ran a 4.55 40 and caught balls down the field?

I mean, if 40 yard dashes were the barometer of success in the NFL then Al Davis would have a **** ton of HoF WRs.

Pros: Smooth, plays faster than timed with no wasted movement getting upfield. When the balls in his window he's not dropping it. Tenacious blocker, very willing. Safety Blanket

Cons: Tweener, I have concerns about him in line at the next level. Is he shifty enough to split out? Contested catches? Feet stop in pass block, like every time.

This one I'm coming around to value on a little more, I can see how we'd use him and I like his attitude. Also there's not very much to go back through on the tube.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, sshle_ said:

He's not going to line up against CBs. I don't think that's ever projected out of him. However, he is fast enough to work the man and zone coverages LBs and Safeties will line up on him. 

He rans a lot of deep routes in his highlights with some yards after the catch.

It's a good value pick in the third. 

I like your optimism.

Delanie Walker, with his speed, was a true downfield threat in his prime. I don't see that ever being the case with Degaura.

As for his highlights, I see a mediocre athlete with average size beating the competition he went up against.

Hope that Degaura can duplicate that production in the NFL but wonder how he gets that done with his physical limitations. 

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if 40 yard dashes were the barometer of success in the NFL then Al Davis would have a **** ton of HoF WRs.

So I guess we can sign you up as having no doubts that our new 6'2" 240 TE with 4.72 "speed" will become a sure fire "weapon" as Gute declared in his presser.

No wonder you had Degaura so high on your DRAFT BIG BOARD among the TEs.

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

So I guess we can sign you up as having no doubts that our new 6'2" 240 TE with 4.72 "speed" will become a sure fire "weapon" as Gute declared in his presser.

No wonder you had Degaura so high on your DRAFT BIG BOARD among the TEs.

I think you're blowing the weapon comment out of proportion a bit. I don't think he declared he's gonna be a sure fire HOF star TE out of the gates.

1 minute ago, YaddaHolla said:

Not sure the AAC is the highest level. Before that he only got offers at the FBS level from Cincy and Air Force

He put on 30 lbs of muscle in college.  No way you would have projected him as an NFL possibility as a college freshman.   Nobody is saying any of these guys are sure things.  We all know better than that.  There's a consensus among fans that the Packers have reached these last two days, and that very well may be true.   Today they drafted smart,  high character guys that they think fit a more physical style of play.  

• Like 1