3.94 - Josiah Deguara [TE; Cincinnati]

CWood21

Just now, Packerraymond said:

People asked for a young, confident coach who could scheme guys open and a GM who listened to what he wanted and drafted guys to fit his scheme instead of just picking his guys.

The results still lead to www.fire<insertpackersgmnamehere>.com

I at least like the consistency of our fan base.

BUT HE'S NOT DOING LIKE I DO ON MADDEN!!!!

Just old, man. People want change, until it actually happens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I mean, I like his post. It makes sense. I just don't think we're doing it right. Taking Dillon and an hback 2 and 3 isn't necessary to work that direction

Perhaps those are the two main aspects in the gameplan that we're missing? Then does it become necessary? Let's wait to see how they are on the field before we worry about the number that's before their name. That's really all that's being asked.

This isn't Khyri Thorton, Oren Burks, Richard Rodgers. Overdrafting to fill a position. It's drafting to get guys that fit what you want to do. Belichick does it every year and nobody questions it. It's just "Bill being Bill."

• Like 2

Just now, Norm said:

I mean, I like his post. It makes sense. I just don't think we're doing it right. Taking Dillon and an hback 2 and 3 isn't necessary to work that direction

You gotta look at Gute though, he's not Ted. He was sick of crappy returns, he cut Shep and signed Tremon Smith, Tremon was crappy, he cut Smith and claimed Ervin.

He doesn't sit around and accept circumstances. I truly feel like he took the best players on his board regardless of position. I don't think once the draft is over he's going to be like "oh well a good WR, DL, OL, CB didn't make it to me, guess we'll roll with what we got." He'll try and manipulate the cap we have left or maybe a low key trade or something to get more bodies.

If we make it to the season and it's still not good enough, he'll cut and claim until something sticks.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Perhaps those are the two main aspects in the gameplan that we're missing? Then does it become necessary? Let's wait to see how they are on the field before we worry about the number that's before their name. That's really all that's being asked.

This isn't Khyri Thorton, Oren Burks, Richard Rodgers. Overdrafting to fill a position. It's drafting to get guys that fit what you want to do. Belichick does it every year and nobody questions it. It's just "Bill being Bill."

I make fun of 60% of BBs picks and a lot of them end up being trash anyways

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Running a mirrored run/pass game really isn't old school. It's certainly not innovation as it's been around since the OG Shanny but it's worked everywhere it's implemented. 

It's kind of the anti Mac approach. LaFleur feels his scheme will get guys open, just like San Fran didn't put an emphasis on WRs (until recently) probably why LaFleur isn't sweating it.

Rodgers needs to be 100% in though. He's gotta trust MVS and make the throws the scheme calls for. Perhaps having the future sitting right there will be the little nudge he needed.

They drafted Pettis in 2nd Rd.

They drafted Deebo in 2nd Rd.

They drafted Brandon in 1st Rd.

3 straight year since Kyle was there..

They have traded for Sanders last year.

They have No 1 TE.

who said they didn’t put emphasis on WR.?

Just now, beekay414 said:

That's typically how the draft ends up. This isn't Madden. 

Whatever. Have fun with the memes. I'll let you vent and get it all out. 

Joke's on them.  This year I downloaded the updated roster after all free agency and trades and took control of all 32 teams and I am going through the draft picking exactly who picks what in the draft as it happens.

Jordan Love, AJ Dillon were both reaches according to Madden, and Degaura wasn't even in the draft class I uploaded.  Lol. 

Busts.  All busts.  Might as well not even fly them to Green Bay. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

They drafted Pettis in 2nd Rd.

They drafted Deebo in 2nd Rd.

They drafted Brandon in 1st Rd.

3 straight year since Kyle was there..

They have traded for Sanders last year.

They have No 1 TE.

who said they didn’t put emphasis on WR.?

Well they don't have a Davante so the immediate need was there, but they didn't panic and blow money, they rolled with Godwin and Pettis. Pettis is trash, so they take Deebo (who I have no doubts LaFleur and Gute would've coveted.) Then recently they spent a lot of capital on Sanders and Aiyuk which I qualified in my post with "until recently."

WRs went much earlier than anyone thought this year. The thought was teams would be patient and scoop up other positions while the WRs fell, didn't happen. The Packers played in the NFCCG, thus all but 2 teams got to make their picks before us. Had we been 8-8, we may have a new shiny toy at WR. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well they don't have a Davante so the immediate need was there, but they didn't panic and blow money, they rolled with Godwin and Pettis. Pettis is trash, so they take Deebo (who I have no doubts LaFleur and Gute would've coveted.) Then recently they spent a lot of capital on Sanders and Aiyuk which I qualified in my post with "until recently."

WRs went much earlier than anyone thought this year. The thought was teams would be patient and scoop up other positions while the WRs fell, didn't happen. The Packers played in the NFCCG, thus all but 2 teams got to make their picks before us. Had we been 8-8, we may have a new shiny toy at WR. 

Some people thought the WR would still be there at 62, some did not.   Just because a position group is very full with top level prospects, teams will still draft them where they feel their value is.    There are still some options at WR, but we are still 45 picks to go before GB picks and there are other spots that could use some additions for GB as well.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Running a mirrored run/pass game really isn't old school. It's certainly not innovation as it's been around since the OG Shanny but it's worked everywhere it's implemented. 

It's kind of the anti Mac approach. LaFleur feels his scheme will get guys open, just like San Fran didn't put an emphasis on WRs (until recently) probably why LaFleur isn't sweating it.

Rodgers needs to be 100% in though. He's gotta trust MVS and make the throws the scheme calls for. Perhaps having the future sitting right there will be the little nudge he needed.

Pulp Fiction Check Out The Big Brain On Brett GIF

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

But we need to remember that Kyle’s first 2 years QB situation is a lot different compared to us. They still had to look for solid direction, since Jimmy G played very little. 

We have arguably top 5 Qb in the league and could have provided with him more weapons. A-Rod will never take game manager role for sure in the playoffs. He wants to be the ALPHA.