The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think it's that hard to explain. Carr is more accurate, has a stronger arm, and is a better decision-maker. Garoppolo is a more limber athlete, but so is almost every starting quarterback when compared to Carr.

San Francisco is probably the perfect example by a lot if we do “ Imagine Carr on this team “ . Run game deebo and Kittle a great Oline 

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Judging a QB off of one season or one SB would be stupid but for a QB that is the unquestioned leader of the team with multiple SBs I would say the SBs carry a lot of weight.  Now they carried him the first one and you can argue the second but to have six is similar to being the leading passer and TDs thrown in a career which he is now.  Which is more impressive, all the records Favre held when he retired or Brady having 6 SB wins?

Defense\running game carried him for the 1st half of his career he didn't start becoming a great passer until he was like 30 years old.

8 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Was tom brady the unquestioned leader in NE ? Id say its at least questionable that Bill was the leader no?

Yes the coach is also the leader but Tom was the leader on the field and no other player was even close to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Defense\running game carried him for the 1st half of his career he didn't start becoming a great passer until he was like 30 years old.

He did have help but he also played at a high level and one when he had nothing around him also.  He made the pro bowl 6 of his first 11 years and won with minimal talent.  Although he is the all time leading passer and TD leader he does not always put insane numbers.  What he does is the opposite of Carr.  He performs when his team needs him and not a lot of garbage stats.  I am not a Brady fan nut to have that much success is undeniable.  He is just a winner.

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He did have help but he also played at a high level and one when he had nothing around him also.  He made the pro bowl 6 of his first 11 years and won with minimal talent.  Although he is the all time leading passer and TD leader he does not always put insane numbers.  What he does is the opposite of Carr.  He performs when his team needs him and not a lot of garbage stats.  I am not a Brady fan nut to have that much success is undeniable.  He is just a winner.

I think this year proved that Belichick is also a winner

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think this year proved that Belichick is also a winner

Nobody thinks BB is not.  Him and Brady just took it to the next level together.  Brady has proven he can do it without BB and BB is in the process of showing he can do it without Brady.  It is a chicken or the egg argument between those two.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:13 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's really not good. Hard to see a guy doing less with what he has. Shanny wanted Kirk and he would be a massive improvement.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Carr but he's definitely significantly better then Jimmy. Jimmy has a good defense, great OL, great running game, and Kittle/Deebo yet single handedly lost them the game on Thursday. His deep ball accuracy is horrific.  

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Carr but he's definitely significantly better then Jimmy. Jimmy has a good defense, great OL, great running game, and Kittle/Deebo yet single handedly lost them the game on Thursday. His deep ball accuracy is horrific.  

That's probably why the 49ers traded to land Trey Lance. 

58 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

That's probably why the 49ers traded to land Trey Lance. 

Most definitely. They understand that Jimmy is a decent starter but that he's never going to get them over the top. Lance's potential is through the roof and if he's good he can be the piece that elevates them from being a good team to being a great team like we saw Mahomes do with the Chiefs. Lance is my league winning QB for fantasy football next year.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G isn't the type of QB to run that sort of offense. 

I don't think injuries have done him any favors in terms of taking his game to a higher level, but I always felt that he and Shanahan seemed like a bit of an odd pairing anyway. He was really good in New England, and I think he would work well in the scheme they deployed with him there. Dink and dunk, crossing routes, etc.

Gut tells me he could probably be a decent vet/bridge guy for the right offense, but SF just isn't it. He needs to be a game manager in an offense that calls for a game manager if he wants any sort of prolonged success. 

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jimmy G isn't the type of QB to run that sort of offense. 

I don't think injuries have done him any favors in terms of taking his game to a higher level, but I always felt that he and Shanahan seemed like a bit of an odd pairing anyway. He was really good in New England, and I think he would work well in the scheme they deployed with him there. Dink and dunk, crossing routes, etc.

Gut tells me he could probably be a decent vet/bridge guy for the right offense, but SF just isn't it. He needs to be a game manager in an offense that calls for a game manager if he wants any sort of prolonged success. Ji

Jimmy G has literally everything around him to be successful, he just can't consistently make the big time throws that they need him too. SF leans so heavy on their run game, do an excellent job of getting the ball to Deebo in space, and Kittle is as good of a security blanket as you're going to find in the league. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next year. But watching him Thursday I just kept thinking, man can you imagine if Carr had this same team around him? He'd light the league up.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G has literally everything around him to be successful, he just can't consistently make the big time throws that they need him too. SF leans so heavy on their run game, do an excellent job of getting the ball to Deebo in space, and Kittle is as good of a security blanket as you're going to find in the league. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next year. But watching him Thursday I just kept thinking, man can you imagine if Carr had this same team around him? He'd light the league up.

If he's smart, he'll probably look somewhere like Denver- though that requires mutual interest, which I don't see happening. But somewhere that has a pretty solid team. 

I don't know what Jimmy has left. We've seen very good and very bad. He shouldn't risk going to a rebuilding team that is likely to expose his shortcomings. Try and get somewhere that can rehab him a'la "Oh, ok, he needed a change of scenery". Trying to go somewhere that needs a "franchise" type QB would be career suicide for him.

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If he's smart, he'll probably look somewhere like Denver- though that requires mutual interest, which I don't see happening. But somewhere that has a pretty solid team. 

I don't know what Jimmy has left. We've seen very good and very bad. He shouldn't risk going to a rebuilding team that is likely to expose his shortcomings. Try and get somewhere that can rehab him a'la "Oh, ok, he needed a change of scenery". Trying to go somewhere that needs a "franchise" type QB would be career suicide for him.

I'd guess that the Giants, Saints, or possibly even the Texans will be potential landing spots for him.