The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

The Giants actually might be one of the better trade partners we could find. They currently have 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rds, and 2 4ths. They need to get better up front but if they can add some depth to their offensive line their offense could take a leap with Carr surrounded by Golladay, Barkley, Sheppard, Toney, etc.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Social media is regularly wild when it comes to sports. Incredible levels of nonsense.

I guess we just have to be thankful that the majority of these people are most likely too stupid to work out how to use forums like this.

I follow this one cat on Twitter this guy  who is the biggest Carr backer I seen double the biggest Carr guys in here. I was thinking of recruiting him to here but thought twice about it. Goes by LeandroRaiders  

Edited by SimonGruber

6 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

I follow this one cat on Twitter this guy  who is the biggest Carr backer I seen double the biggest Carr guys in here. I was thinking of recruiting him to here but thought twice about it. Goes by LeandroRaiders  

Gotta love the Carrdashians 

On 12/17/2021 at 8:14 PM, SimonGruber said:

I know him lol.  Dude is the biggest DC advocate ever.  Even I stay away from his crazy arguments.  He's constantly arguing with everyone about how DC hasn't gotten a fair shake and how great he is.  He legit loves DC.  

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Some good points made here.

The statistics all sound great, on paper he's a top 10 QB. But over the past few seasons he has completely ish'd the bed essentially every game that we should've won and would've put us in position to make a run at the playoffs. Carr has had to have 5 different play books? In his 8 year career he has spent 5 seasons with Olly, 2 with Musgrave, and 1 with Downing who was a Musgrave understudy promoted internally. 

He's the life preserver of the organization? In 8 years with Carr we have a .475 win %, in the 5 years before Carr's arrival we had a .380 win %. So he has taken us from being on average a 5-6 win team with random journeymen QB to at best a 7-8 win team. Not being good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a high pick is the worst spot to be in.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Are you swaying towards re upping the offense and trying it again or what. Full offense in free agency and defense in draft or trading for a established player like the Rams do. 

The Rams are only capable of doing what they do because they have 2 of the top 5 defensive players in the league and draft well in the middle rounds, but still haven't won a Super Bowl. If Mark commits to Mayock and Carr going forward he's just accepting mediocrity. Carr's a solid player but he has shown that he's not someone who will get us over the hump. And if anyone needs pieces around him to succeed it's Carr. But if you sign him to a big extension you limit your ability to reshape the team around him.

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Are you swaying towards re upping the offense and trying it again or what. Full offense in free agency and defense in draft or trading for a established player like the Rams do. 

More just agreeing with his comments that you can't fix bad ownership and management. Carr has been a steady solider given all the dysfunction with this franchise.

It really depends on the next coach. The team feels like it needs a refresh top to bottom and a new face of the franchise at QB and I'm all for that.

Same time, there are not a lot of Carr caliber QBs out there so you have to have a plan for his succession. Again, starting with the new coach. 

Bottom line is, this team needs leadership at the top to end the dysfunction. Davis needs to stop trying to hire miracle workers and builder a foundation before success will find it's way to Vegas.  

• Like 1

That’s the best point we all agree on, there’s doo doo for a replacement rt now. And everybody’s talking about Huntley in Baltimore so that’ll be a bidding war.lol  Right now I’m just hoping GB wins it all. 
a) keeps Brady and Mahomey from another one

b) Rodgers rides off into the sunset flippin the bird at everyone. 
c) maybe gives us a shot at adams.

this does not mean I’m in love with carr, so please don’t go there! I just think that gives us the best shot next year, that’s all.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

More just agreeing with his comments that you can't fix bad ownership and management. Carr has been a steady solider given all the dysfunction with this franchise.

It really depends on the next coach. The team feels like it needs a refresh top to bottom and a new face of the franchise at QB and I'm all for that.

Same time, there are not a lot of Carr caliber QBs out there so you have to have a plan for his succession. Again, starting with the new coach. 

Bottom line is, this team needs leadership at the top to end the dysfunction. Davis needs to stop trying to hire miracle workers and builder a foundation before success will find it's way to Vegas.  

I want a good coach and will buy into whatever they want.

Are we really going to say that it's DC fault this season?  Like even with the OL going to crap (Inc down, Good down, Hudson, Jackson, and T. Brown gone), Ruggs going to jail, Waller out for weeks straight, HC fired at the beginning of the season.  

Is this really on DC?  

I just think that's kind of a crazy assessment.  I understand people are tired of seeing him play for us, but before all heck broke loose we went 3-0 against some teams that are still in the playoff hunt too.  At one point in time we were 5-2.  I just think it's crazy because if Patrick Mahomes lost Andy Reid, Travis Kelce, and T. Hill the tune would probably be very different for him (I saw someone write this on Twitter).  

I just don't get it.  I personally think the franchise is a crap show and DC is just trying to make art out of a huge piece of crap (our franchise and the crappy players around him on offense).

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If he literally just allows someone to pick a good GM, this nightmare will be over. It's so easy. Pay ed dodds whatever he wants. That dude has an awesome track record. But I guarantee Davis will do something dumb. It's not like he's done ANYTHING to earn benefit of the doubt.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Are we really going to say that it's DC fault this season?  Like even with the OL going to crap (Inc down, Good down, Hudson, Jackson, and T. Brown gone), Ruggs going to jail, Waller out for weeks straight, HC fired at the beginning of the season.  

Is this really on DC?  

I just think that's kind of a crazy assessment.  I understand people are tired of seeing him play for us, but before all heck broke loose we went 3-0 against some teams that are still in the playoff hunt too.  At one point in time we were 5-2.  I just think it's crazy because if Patrick Mahomes lost Andy Reid, Travis Kelce, and T. Hill the tune would probably be very different for him (I saw someone write this on Twitter).  

I just don't get it.  I personally think the franchise is a crap show and DC is just trying to make art out of a huge piece of crap (our franchise and the crappy players around him on offense).

I haven’t seen anyone blame the team’s season on Carr. What I’ve seen is a contingent of the fan base grow tired of the Groundhog’s Day scenario of us starting out strong before finishing roughly .500 season after season. Carr’s play drops off noticeably from November 1st on every season and he has yet to start a playoff game in 8 seasons. 

He is not to blame for the ineptness of the front office but he also hasn’t done anything to make people believe he would perform any differently down the stretch with a better supporting cast. 

I’m personally in the camp of starting over from scratch from the top down. Carr represents our most valuable trade chip to jumpstart the rebuild and the stars are aligned for him to fetch us a great return this off-season (cheap 1-year contract, dry QB free agent market, poor QB draft class).

After 8 years Carr has delivered 1 winning season. If the opportunity cost of trading Carr takes us from a .500 team to a .375 team then that’s a risk I’m willing to take. If we can get 2 1st’s for DC then I’m happy to send him on his way and thank him for his 8 years of service. 

If we can only get a 1st and a 3rd then I’m inclined to keep him through 2022, then franchise tag and shop him thereafter. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st