The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Teams know who Carr is. One game isn't going to sway it. Kind of like Sam Bradford years back

You think wash is still interested? No way they take carr over heinike imo I can only imagine the crap delrio was saying about carr post game to his defense lol

ngl I thought carr would cook Washington as payback for gruden 

On 12/10/2021 at 2:29 PM, BackinBlack said:

I do agree Carr is picky, but Theilen is like Renfrow on steroids lol. 
He just catches the ball. Carr has shown that if you catch the ball he will feed you. Crabtree, Renfrow, Waller.
Its the players who struggle with consistency catching that Carr starts to ignore. . . Hello Amarii 

Except Amari didn't struggle as a Raider--he's been the same guy in Dallas as he was in Oakland. In fact, veteran receivers seem to have great years with Carr. See Crabtree, Cook, Agholor. Ex-Raider receivers don't have better years elsewhere. I'd argue that if a receiver can't play well here, he'a not a good receiver.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Except Amari didn't struggle as a Raider--he's been the same guy in Dallas as he was in Oakland. In fact, veteran receivers seem to have great years with Carr. See Crabtree, Cook, Agholor. Ex-Raider receivers don't have better years elsewhere. I'd argue that if a receiver can't play well here, he'a not a good receiver.

Amari is the one guy Carr lost chemistry with and he definitely dropped a lot of balls and gave up on the team. He clearly didn't want to be here.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, BackinBlack said:

I do agree Carr is picky, but Theilen is like Renfrow on steroids lol. 
He just catches the ball. Carr has shown that if you catch the ball he will feed you. Crabtree, Renfrow, Waller.
Its the players who struggle with consistency catching that Carr starts to ignore. . . Hello Amarii 

Theilen also was undrafted and got lucky he had a qb who gave him Chances so he could develop. He didn’t just hop in the league balling he was given a legit opportunity to develop that most undrafted players don’t 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:33 AM, big_palooka said:

Teams know who Carr is. One game isn't going to sway it. Kind of like Sam Bradford years back

The Colts knew who Wentz was and it didn't stop them from trading a first round pick for him. The QB market will be scarce this year as there isn't a ton of talent at the top of the draft and the free agent options are limited with guys like Andy Dalton, Jameis Winston, and Teddy Bridgewater. Carr has been meh but he's still on pace for 4,800 yards/22 TD playing behind a terrible OL with no run game and has been without Waller and Ruggs for a good portion of the season. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Colts knew who Wentz was and it didn't stop them from trading a first round pick for him. The QB market will be scarce this year as there isn't a ton of talent at the top of the draft and the free agent options are limited with guys like Andy Dalton, Jameis Winston, and Teddy Bridgewater. Carr has been meh but he's still on pace for 4,800 yards/22 TD playing behind a terrible OL with no run game and has been without Waller and Ruggs for a good portion of the season. 

Think you missed the point I was making. You actually clarified in fact.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:55 AM, oakdb36 said:

Yeah, no one can be sure but who would you want?

Unfortunately, I don't know.  I think that is the problem.  It's also why fans hesitate. 

We could potentially go after a proven vet in trade, but they're going to need to see what we do before ever agreeing to come here.

We can go the rookie route, but I imagine that will be devastating if we try to start him right away.

So as of this moment in time.  You bring Carr back, with or without a young replacement.  I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I guess I'd let the chips fall where they may.  I absolutely do not want to force ourselves into drafting a guy just because we have no QB and I certainly can't see trading up for any of them.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Think you missed the point I was making. You actually clarified in fact.

Possibly. My point was that despite Carr not being a perfect player he's still better then most starting QB's in the NFL and should fetch a solid return if we do look to trade him, especially with his contract.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 10:52 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s ironic how we play the nfc East this year as iirc the last time we played them was that magical 2017 year. We know how that year ended. 

Lol I remember being in Reno week 2 Peppermill was full of Raider Fans. Then Washington and that Greg Manusky defense happened.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Possibly. My point was that despite Carr not being a perfect player he's still better then most starting QB's in the NFL and should fetch a solid return if we do look to trade him, especially with his contract.

That was my point. That he's a known commodity. Him laying an egg or two recently won't change his perception around the league. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That was my point. That he's a known commodity. Him laying an egg or two recently won't change his perception around the league. 

Agreed. And with the lack of quality QB's in the draft/free agency combined with the fact that Carr is on a 1 year team friendly deal, if we do shop him I'm sure we will get a lot of interest. Any team that trades for him can acquire their potential starter for the next 5-7 years if he plays well but can also move on without any financial commitment if he doesn't. I'd get Sean Payton on the phone immediately. 

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It has nothing to do with DC not throwing to WRs.
DC just doesnt throw to WRs who dont get open. Some big bodied WRs should get the ball / targets when covered, but DC has shown that he prefers throwing to WR who get seperation. 

Waller on Renfrow show that if you get open, DC will give you targets.
Unfortunately, our 2 outside WRs in zay and edwards dont even make it as a second WR based on that. (2 per team, means top 64 should be considered as a #1 or 2)

Djax needs more snaps 

• Like 1