The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

It has nothing to do with DC not throwing to WRs.
DC just doesnt throw to WRs who dont get open. Some big bodied WRs should get the ball / targets when covered, but DC has shown that he prefers throwing to WR who get seperation. 

Waller on Renfrow show that if you get open, DC will give you targets.
Unfortunately, our 2 outside WRs in zay and edwards dont even make it as a second WR based on that. (2 per team, means top 64 should be considered as a #1 or 2)

Djax needs more snaps 

Everybody is above the league average. Funny how people read what they want every time. It's pointless.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

Everybody is above the league average. Funny how people read what they want every time. It's pointless.

haha fair enough. But when our top outside receivers are ranked 64th and 67th, it shows me we need to better outside receivers. 

DC is above average and everyone wants to drive him out of town. 
Our top outside WRS have .01 and .03 more seperation than league average, and its wrong to criticize them?
That stat IMO clearly shows they are average lol.

15 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

DC is above average and everyone wants to drive him out of town. 

The biggest thing in regards to Carr for me personally is that I can acknowledge that he's not the main issue but I also don't think he's the solution going forward. Carr is a good starting quarterback and had to deal with extremely tough circumstances this season. But with the current state of our roster it just doesn't make sense to extend him at 31 years old when we have so many other holes. I think Carr deserves to go somewhere that he'll be put in a position to succeed and can give him a nice contract extension. While we would benefit from the additional cap space and draft picks as we look to retool the roster.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

You do realise that is the league average, not just WR1/WR2 average, so they are basically around average league wide including all the end of roster WRs and receivers playing due to injuries etc. all the TEs and blocking TEs, so maybe a WR3 or WR4 on an average team. They'd have to be #32 to #48 to be league average for either of the two primary outside starters at WR of course.

Not trying to absolve Carr of all blame as he is due a fair share but Jones and Edwards are not 'league average' starting receivers, clearly.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The biggest thing in regards to Carr for me personally is that I can acknowledge that he's not the main issue but I also don't think he's the solution going forward. Carr is a good starting quarterback and had to deal with extremely tough circumstances this season. But with the current state of our roster it just doesn't make sense to extend him at 31 years old when we have so many other holes. I think Carr deserves to go somewhere that he'll be put in a position to succeed and can give him a nice contract extension. While we would benefit from the additional cap space and draft picks as we look to retool the roster.

Yeah I def can agree with this. Itll be interesting to see what happens. Im fine either way, but getting 2 firsts is a done deal if someone offered it. 
My biggest point against Carr, is that our front office has stuck by his side, and given our track record, that clearly means they should have moved on awhile ago lol

34 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

most teams carry what 5 WRs, 3 TEs and 3 RBs? so 11 skill position group players that qualify for that per team. And we are happy that our two outside WRs are just average in terms of separation?
I dont understand how people read this and think that is good??

Your outside WRs, should blow away TEs and RBs in terms of getting separation  IMO. And ours our just league average for all skill players. 
RBs and TEs should have completely different skill sets, but a WRs main goal is to get open. And ours do it on average with RBs and TEs and we are happy???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

most teams carry what 5 WRs, 3 TEs and 3 RBs? so 11 skill position group players that qualify for that per team. And we are happy that our two outside WRs are just average in terms of separation?
I dont understand how people read this and think that is good??

Your outside WRs, should blow away TEs and RBs in terms of getting separation  IMO. And ours our just league average for all skill players. 
RBs and TEs should have completely different skill sets, but a WRs main goal is to get open. And ours do it on average with RBs and TEs and we are happy???

For all we know, Edwards and Jones could have the quickest hand-eye reaction time in the league, lead the league in fastest first step off the line, and be #1 and #2 overall in "Catching passes of more than 15 yards when on an east-west oriented field during night games while playing towards the opposing team's home end zone on pass plays where the QB throws the ball while running to the left and the ball speed is less than 30 mph."

Stat nuggets are cute. But our WR corps still sucks as a whole. "League average" my arse. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

For all we know, Edwards and Jones could have the quickest hand-eye reaction time in the league, lead the league in fastest first step off the line, and be #1 and #2 overall in "Catching passes of more than 15 yards when on an east-west oriented field during night games while playing towards the opposing team's home end zone on pass plays where the QB throws the ball while running to the left and the ball speed is less than 30 mph."

Stat nuggets are cute. But our WR corps still sucks as a whole. "League average" my arse. Lol

haha yeah that is the whole other thing. 
A guy like Hunter Renfrow, is only in the NFL because of his route running and hands. He needs to win on routes, because he isnt going to out run, outsize or out jump a DB. 
Other WRs, dont need to have big separation to be thrown the ball because theyre 6'4 and can high point it. 

Edwards is closer to the second statement, so I think he deserves some targets.
Zay is closer to Hunter though, without the sure hands. So Zay needs to improve on his separation IMO.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You do realise that is the league average, not just WR1/WR2 average, so they are basically around average league wide including all the end of roster WRs and receivers playing due to injuries etc. all the TEs and blocking TEs, so maybe a WR3 or WR4 on an average team. They'd have to be #32 to #48 to be league average for either of the two primary outside starters at WR of course.

Not trying to absolve Carr of all blame as he is due a fair share but Jones and Edwards are not 'league average' starting receivers, clearly.

You do realise it's not just those 2, it's all the guys listed here. That doesn't mean they're great but it means the built in excuse that WRs aren't getting separation and Carr is never guilty of anything is a load of BS.

Edited by oakdb36

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Shut the **** up moron. Hopefully that's not too pedantic for you.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

You do realise it's not just those 2, it's all the guys listed here. That doesn't mean they're great but it means the built in excuse that WRs aren't getting separation and Carr is never guilty of anything is a load of BS.

Yes, I realise it's all the players listed?!?! It just shows our 'starting' WRs are poor by starting standards which I thought no was the point being made that they were average when in fact they're clearly not.

I specifically said I'm not trying to absolve Carr of blame so maybe you missed that?

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Makes sense since tools have put together this roster

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

haha yeah that is the whole other thing. 
A guy like Hunter Renfrow, is only in the NFL because of his route running and hands. He needs to win on routes, because he isnt going to out run, outsize or out jump a DB. 
Other WRs, dont need to have big separation to be thrown the ball because theyre 6'4 and can high point it. 

Edwards is closer to the second statement, so I think he deserves some targets.
Zay is closer to Hunter though, without the sure hands. So Zay needs to improve on his separation IMO.

If only he was 6' 3"