The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

RT needs to be addressed there is no doubt about that and that should be addressed in FA.  If we can walk away with Chark, Njoku and a starting RT for around 30 million in FA we will be well positioned going into the draft.  We currently have around 40 million in Cap space but I feel like we will open that up once we move on from dead weight.  

Interior Oline value can be acquired in via the draft in the 3rd and beyond. 

Also remember Carr is one of the best in the NFL at getting the ball out quickly and most importantly he needs weapons to throw to as opposed to spending heavily to bolster the Oline.  

Carr also is the best in the nfl at fumbling. Don’t underestimate the fat boys up front. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

RT needs to be addressed there is no doubt about that and that should be addressed in FA.  If we can walk away with Chark, Njoku and a starting RT for around 30 million in FA we will be well positioned going into the draft.  We currently have around 40 million in Cap space but I feel like we will open that up once we move on from dead weight.  

Also remember Carr is one of the best in the NFL at getting the ball out quickly and most importantly he needs weapons to throw to as opposed to spending heavily to bolster the Oline.  

a good value RT could be Dennis Kelly from Green Bay. Packers are in cap hell, and Kelly is been solid everywhere he goes. He is 31 but is an OL, so he can be a solid vet stop gap for the next year or two. Could draft a developmental RT and develop behind him. Most rookie tackles struggle year one

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Our cap space is no where near $40 million.  If we chose to cut certain players we can get close to $40 after June 1st.  We can only have 2 June 1st cuts before June 1st.  We could cut Littleton and Nassib as June 1st cuts and Good and Perryman with no dead money to get to $41 million but then you have to take into account how much their replacements will cost and the cost of draft picks.  At minimum 4 players plus draft picks are going to be $10 dollars.  So we would have to get some vet minimum players that can start.  So if we get Chark, Njoku, and a RT we would still need at least 1 G, 1 WR, 2 starting LBs if Deablo can start, 1 starting CB, 1 S, a 3rd DE, 4-5 DT and anything else I might have missed.  This is also if Carr does not get more than $20 this year with his extension but that would mean he is getting a lot more next year.  We also need to resign Waller since many do not want to trade him.  All of this makes me think that if McDaniels and Ziegler are trying to win right away they is going to be a surprise trade or 2.  I am not 100% sure how his contract is structured but I believe a player like Ngakoue if traded would save $8 million and cost his new team $13 million.  A contender might give up a decent pick for him similar to what the Rams did.

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Did fumbling 13 times stop one of the bright young minds in football to not only sign with us but sign with us and then extend Carr? 

You've been pounding the table for years that we need to move on from Carr and YOY you're embarrassed and proven to be wrong.  We will now will have Carr will be behind center for years to come.  

lol... really loving that narrative aren't you? And last I checked, nobody extended Carr. 

"proven wrong".... did I miss the part where the Raiders made a deep playoff run?

Edited by big_palooka

17 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

If they were to be drafted where they really should be. I'd like Howell in round 2. But I also like Ridder and I like Strong. But I'd like to get Strong more third roundish.

I hate this 1st Round QB class (I actually like Willis… hate Corral/Pickett big time though). BUT this 2nd/3rd Development QB class is the best that I can remember in some time. Ridder, Strong, Howell. I like both Ridder and Strong as Non 1st Development picks. I’m torn on Howell but I like him more than Corral and Pickett. I don’t get the 1st Round hype for either of those guys. Pickett maybe turns into a low-level starter while Corral busts entirely. 

If Strong is there in the third, I pull the trigger all day. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... really loving that narrative aren't you? And last I checked, nobody extended Carr. 

"proven wrong".... did I miss the part where the Raiders made a deep playoff run?

Let’s be honest we were never gonna make a deep playoff run with that squad lmao

• Like 1

Anyone who expected a deep playoff run after losing your HC and top receiving target that opened up your offense (in each respective manner) are lying to themselves. 

That team that was clicking at the beginning of the year though, when everyone was good, yeah, that team could have

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're another one who is calling for Carr's head every offseason, making ridiculous statements about his trade value and who his replacements should be.  Don't kid yourself Carr is getting extended, that is a guarantee.  

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're another one who is calling for Carr's head every offseason, making ridiculous statements about his trade value and who his replacements should be.  Don't kid yourself Carr is getting extended, that is a guarantee.  

I was literally the first person who was in Carr's corner. Wanted to draft him in 2014. If you extend him at 40 mil, he better compete for a Super Bowl. That's all I'm saying. I don't hate him, don't love him.

Yes, I was one who thought they could trade him and draft Allen (18), Herbert (20). I still stand 100% behind that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I was literally the first person who was in Carr's corner. Wanted to draft him in 2014. If you extend him at 40 mil, he better compete for a Super Bowl. That's all I'm saying. I don't hate him, don't love him.

Yes, I was one who thought they could trade him and draft Allen (18), Herbert (20). I still stand 100% behind that. 

Do you have proof of this?  Send a link to the threads.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you have proof of this?  Send a link to the threads.  

I do not remember Allen but @big_palooka was calling for Hebert in 2020 from what I remember.  I was a huge fan of Derrick Brown because I really wanted a top DT that year, the year before, the year after...etc.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not remember Allen but @big_palooka was calling for Hebert in 2020 from what I remember.  I was a huge fan of Derrick Brown because I really wanted a top DT that year, the year before, the year after...etc.

I recall him being a Darnold guy in 2018.

big_palooka

• big_palooka
  • Veteran Members
  • 33,965 posts

Good pick for the Jets. I like Darnold.

Want evidence as to who thought Josh Allen was the best QB in the draft?  Me!

Frankie2Gunz

• Frankie2Gunz
  • Veteran Members
  • 4,807 posts

•  

I say Josh Allen goes 1.

Edited April 26, 2018 by Frankie2Gunz
Edited by Frankie2Gunz

30 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I recall him being a Darnold guy in 2018.

big_palooka

• big_palooka
  • Veteran Members
  • 33,965 posts

Good pick for the Jets. I like Darnold.

Want evidence as to who thought Josh Allen was the best QB in the draft?  Me!

Frankie2Gunz

• Frankie2Gunz
  • Veteran Members
  • 4,807 posts

•  

I say Josh Allen goes 1.

Edited April 26, 2018 by Frankie2Gunz

I do not remember 2018 other than who I wanted.  Good call on Allen if that was your guy.

• Like 2

@Frankie2Gunz “I say Josh Allen goes 1” does not mean you had Allen as your #1 QB. It just means you thought he was going #1. And Allen was rumored to go #1 until the final 12 hours or so where it was rumored to be Mayfield. Do you actually have a ranking of your 2018 QB’s? If you did have Allen, props on you. I personally thought it was an underwhelming class. I had Darnold #1 but wasn’t that high on him, and kind of hated everyone else. Hated Allen/Rosen. Was meh on Baker, thought he would be an average starter, which he basically is. 

Edited by BayRaider