The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're right. But the scary part is you were complaining about it BEFORE this game.

But this game prove his point kinda. Jj is the offense. Without him being a monster the offense is bad. We paid alot of people in the passing game to be better than this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

But this game prove his point kinda. Jj is the offense. Without him being a monster the offense is bad. We paid alot of people in the passing game to be better than this. 

And they were terrible today. They will have ups and downs and today was a major down. There's been times when they've been good as well. 

It happens a lot when left coast teams travel east for early games. Hopefully we don't do it again next week

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And they were terrible today. They will have ups and downs and today was a major down. There's been times when they've been good as well. 

It happens a lot when left coast teams travel east for early games. Hopefully we don't do it again next week

Problem is there is really only one up gane that jacobs also didn't go off. That was against the Cardinals. Every other game has been avg to ok or bad when the running game ain't being a monster. We paid carr amd adams to win games not open it up for the running attack. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Problem is there is really only one up gane that jacobs also didn't go off. That was against the Cardinals. Every other game has been avg to ok or bad when the running game ain't being a monster. We paid carr amd adams to win games not open it up for the running attack. 

And maybe it is a factor for Jacobs' success this season. I don't really think so but you do need to account for the "weapons" this offense does have. He does look healthy this year which certainly helps. I have trouble thinking of any QB who could've succeeded today with how bad the line looked but that's hardly the only problem we had today. Literally the entire team was bad. 

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And maybe it is a factor for Jacobs' success this season. I don't really think so but you do need to account for the "weapons" this offense does have. He does look healthy this year which certainly helps. I have trouble thinking of any QB who could've succeeded today with how bad the line looked but that's hardly the only problem we had today. Literally the entire team was bad. 

But how many qbs could do what carr has done with the run game and weapons when carr played well. I say it's a good 20 that could do what carr has done this season. That's my biggest issue with carr and this offense. To many resources went to passing game for it to be like this. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

. To many resources went to passing game for it to be like this. 

And not enough resources went into protecting those other assets. Games are won and lost in the trenches and that's where it all starts. Carr definitely hasn't performed to my liking but it's certainly not all on him and I'd find it very, very hard to argue against that

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're right. But the scary part is you were complaining about it BEFORE this game.

I know. But you were trying to scold my point by saying we were a top 4 scoring offense like the money is being spent well. The irony of it which proved my point 

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Carr played better with Ruggs than he has with Adams make it make sense lol.

Gruden and co understood that a 99 OVR in Madden wasn't a 99 speed rating and actually used Ruggs how he should be used, while McDaniels uses Adams like he's a 100m dash sprinter because he has no idea what he's actually doing. 

It's really simple. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

There is a lot of blame to go around in the passing game I strongly agree.

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Agreed. Most people don’t want to admit my points are true. Carr is expendable and his salary is a lead weight holding this team down. He’s a middle of the road QB anywhere from 10-20. Raiders aren’t turning this around until we find a better QB or /and one who doesn’t make as much