The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really tho were people just not open or was carr gun shy?

It was one of those games where it would have been nice to have a QB that could break contain and scramble for a couple first downs to slow the pass rush down. There were a couple occasions where he basically froze up and conceded the sack a 1/2 second early when a more mobile QB could find a lane and gain some yardage. They were rushing 4 most of the time so theoretically there should have been a scrambling opportunity. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Lol stop I’m no Carr apologist but that’s too far. If we had Mariota that be  different atleast I could understand 

That's pretty damaging video. Everybody saying he got sack 3 times hit 9. 2 of those sacks was on him. So was 2 of those hits. Munford actually said something like we did our job(oline). He a darn rookie. 

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

It was one of those games where it would have been nice to have a QB that could break contain and scramble for a couple first downs to slow the pass rush down. There were a couple occasions where he basically froze up and conceded the sack a 1/2 second early when a more mobile QB could find a lane and gain some yardage. They were rushing 4 most of the time so theoretically there should have been a scrambling opportunity. 

This frfr I was waiting for him to take off but he didn’t feel like moving in the pocket yesterday 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

That's pretty damaging video. Everybody saying he got sack 3 times hit 9. 2 of those sacks was on him. So was 2 of those hits. Munford actually said something like we did our job(oline). He a darn rookie. 

Not sure if your on Twitter but Carr is even losing “ Raider Honcho “ who’s one of his biggest defenders on there.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

In the end he hasn’t changed much every once and while somebody posts his negatives from his draft profile/projection and it’s still the same guy now in 2022. 

56 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Pointless without all 22, we can’t see what’s going on downfield. Carr isn’t exempt, but let’s not act like the OL wasn’t getting throttled yesterday. 

True but when you are taking that much pressure you cannot hold onto the ball that long.  He should have an more than once during the game.

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This frfr I was waiting for him to take off but he didn’t feel like moving in the pocket yesterday 

It is mind blowing right? Against KC, you saw him moving in the pocket, stepping up into throws and getting out and picking up yardage.

Then he'll revert back to being erratic, panicked and bracing for contact the next week. As soon as I see that from him, I know what kind of day it's going to be.

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It is mind blowing right? Against KC, you saw him moving in the pocket, stepping up into throws and getting out and picking up yardage.

Then he'll revert back to being erratic, panicked and bracing for contact the next week. As soon as I see that from him, I know what kind of day it's going to be.

I swear every year around this time too. welcome to November 

38 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I swear every year around this time too. welcome to November 

Usually it’s outside in the cold where it becomes a factor as well. Can’t imagine it was too chilly inside the Superdome on Sunday…

It’s the same thing every year with DC, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Yep, that’s what I saw early on. 

12 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Pause it on the 4 sec mark:

imo adams is open carr has a pocket got gun shy cause Warner the lb was nearby. If this was after the tipped int I can see why carr ate this sack. 

carrs footwork tell me this is supposed to be a quick pass tho

my conclusion carr doesn’t have the arm talent to zip that in there or he’s scared to throw it. Adams was open imo