The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

In that interview Carr said the disrespect more as a team.. not so much as him. 

Carr has played about as good as he can with a team that has a horrible D,  bad wr group to throw to.  < best was crabtree , I really want to say that oak WR dripped more passes last 3 years then any other team> until jacobs who was our credible RB ? Add in the revolving door he had before gruden.. but yeah he is a bottom 5 QB

Here are the QB in the NFL 

AfcW. Mahomes□  Taylor ■ Lock■

NfcW. Wilson□ Murray□  Goff■  Jimmy G■

AfcS. Watson□ Rivers■ Tannehill■ Minshew■

NfcS. Brees□ Ryan□ Brady■ Bridgewater■

AfcN. Jackson□ Ben■ Mayfield■ Burrow*

NfcN. Rodgers□ Stafford■ Cousins■ Mitch or Foles■

AfcE. Newton■ Darnold■ Allen■ Tua*

NfcE. Dak□ Wentz□ Jones* Haskins■

Thats 10 I would take over Carr right now 

18 that I preferably would rather have Carr

And 3 that id like to see play more before i cast a vote on. But if i had to right now take carr vs those 3 id probally only take burrow right now.. 

So thats 20 QB in the leauge that I have behind Carr.  

Edited by HvacRaider

3 hours ago, HvacRaider said:

Here are the QB in the NFL 

AfcW. Mahomes□  Taylor ■ Lock■

NfcW. Wilson□ Murray□  Goff■  Jimmy G■

AfcS. Watson□ Rivers■ Tannehill■ Minshew■

NfcS. Brees□ Ryan□ Brady■ Bridgewater■

AfcN. Jackson□ Ben■ Mayfield■ Burrow*

NfcN. Rodgers□ Stafford■ Cousins■ Mitch or Foles■

AfcE. Newton■ Darnold■ Allen■ Tua*

NfcE. Dak□ Wentz□ Jones* Haskins■

Thats 10 I would take over Carr right now 

18 that I preferably would rather have Carr

And 3 that id like to see play more before i cast a vote on. But if i had to right now take carr vs those 3 id probally only take burrow right now.. 

So thats 20 QB in the leauge that I have behind Carr.  

Exactly and there are people on here who wanted to trade him for a 2nd rounder this offseason!  They clearly are basing that off of emotion rather than actually watching football.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

24 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly and there are people on here who wanted to trade him for a 2nd rounder this offseason!  They clearly are basing that off of emotion rather than actually watching football.  

The QB gets the blame. But Carr is actually pretty freaking good.. just hope that it all comes together this year

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HvacRaider said:

In that interview Carr said the disrespect more as a team.. not so much as him. 

Carr has played about as good as he can with a team that has a horrible D,  bad wr group to throw to.  < best was crabtree , I really want to say that oak WR dripped more passes last 3 years then any other team> until jacobs who was our credible RB ? Add in the revolving door he had before gruden.. but yeah he is a bottom 5 QB

"“I have a lot to prove to myself, I have a lot to prove to my organization. I’m being completely honest with you, I’m tired of being disrespected. So there was no question I was going to play this year.”

Not one word about the team there. It all about Derek in those quotes

49 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

"“I have a lot to prove to myself, I have a lot to prove to my organization. I’m being completely honest with you, I’m tired of being disrespected. So there was no question I was going to play this year.”

Not one word about the team there. It all about Derek in those quotes

It’s not about proving anybody wrong. It’s about just going to getting that Super Bowl trophy with my teammates," Carr said. "It has nothing to do with anybody outside, but on the inside, we just want to hold that trophy. Because, what I’m tired of, the hype machine that sometimes the NFL can be. I played way better last year, than I did in 2016, yet all we do is talk about that. Well, we won 12 games, so oh yeah, everyone’s excited. I’m done with all that stuff. So, you can say good stuff, you can say bad stuff. I think you can sense it in the last probably year or so, I just don’t care anymore, you can say whatever you want. I’m trying to go win that Super Bowl, so we can go hang one of these banners in this beautiful indoor that we’ve got. And then I want to try and go do it again and then I want to try to go do it again until I’m too old or they kick me out of this place.

He aslo said this...he was talking about himself, but also as his team, even said if they won 12 games waller would be a top 10 on the top 100.. he isnt selfish about the way they all are disrespected 

14 hours ago, Turnobili said:

you guys see that stuff about carr possibly having a burner account outed?

Twitter User found some suspicious tweets and once he accused the account of being Carr's burner. After tweet from user the the account was swiftly deleted

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:04 AM, bucksavage1 said:

There has never been a coach in the history of the NFL that  doesn't try to win every game and every season. And simply save his average QB for a better roster? Never. Coaches are competitors and spend too much time in the office off-season and during the season to not give 100%.

BTW Gruden job is NOT safe. You sign 100 million contract, you have expectations to meet.

Week 17 when locked in to your playoff seed disagrees with you.
Otherwise, I agree, and my post was useless, carry on haha

Grudens job was safe his first two years. I believe once the decision / deal was made to move to Vegas, it was clear, Mark Davis wanted Gruden to be the one to bring us to Vegas. 

I don’t believe that’s Carr’s Burner account.  Sounds + Looks like an overzealous twitter who’re trying to catch clout.

He seems pretty obsessed with the issue .... far more than a devout Christian with 50-80M in the bank and a family would be.  Carr was on Will Compton’s “bussing with the boys” podcast and really convinced me that he doesn’t let the criticism impact him negatively.  Sure he lets it fuel his drive but he’s very, very “whole” in his life.  He isn’t likely to have the need to use a burner account to fight twitter battles.

• Like 2

I’m really intrigued by the possibility of using Mariota in specific packages this year... especially goal line or play action, Run Pass Option, and/or roll outs with simple reads.

I think you put him in the shotgun or pistol.....

either Hand off to Jacobs or roll out.... have 2 passing options running across the field the same direction as him at different levels and let him decide to run it or throw it.  He’s not stupid he just always struggled making NFL throws and reads from the classic drop back formation, which requires timing and precision.  If you have only 2 passing options and ideally you gave Ruggs/Williams and Waller running across the field with trailing coverage it reduces the Need for timing and precision.  If either gets separation he throws it to them. All he has to worry about is a S or LB in off coverage making a break on the ball.  But his speed and running ability should draw LBs towards him.  All he has to do really is watch the extra S in coverage.... which I assume is most likely to be playing deep to to our WRs speed.  

I normally hate the idea of rotating QBs but this is kind of different because it’s a specific package.  Id like to see Mariota get 4-5 plays nearly every game like this.

The guys a dangerous runner and that could be a very productive wrinkle in the offense.

What do you all think?