2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

51 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Chris Sims thinks Azeez Ojulari is more of a LB and  more of a second round player.  

Chris Sims regularly has some of the worst takes in the draft and says outlandish things for clicks. His current QB rankings for this class are: 1.) Zach Wilson 2.) Trevor Lawerence 3.) Kellen Mond 4.) Trey Lance 5.) Justin Fields. 

Azeez was 6'2.5" 250 with 34" arms and ran a 4.62 forty, had a 127" broad jump, and 26 bench reps. He's the youngest player in the draft and will be 21 at the start of the season. 

Khalil Mack was 6'3" 251 with 33.5" arms and ran a 4.65 forty, had a 128" broad jump, and did 23 bench reps as a 23 year old rookie. 

Am I saying Azeez will be Khalil? Not at all. But they have similar physical profiles coming into the league while Azeez is two years younger. Khalil held up from day one as a full time edge player in a 4-3 defense as a rookie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That's what I've said before, from a physical profile standpoint Brown is just a more athletic Kolton Miller. And he played almost exclusively at RT in college. I just think that Brown, like Miller, isn't ready to be a plug-n-play starter and if he's forced into action early he'll likely struggle just like Kolton did as a rookie. 

Also not sure if they'd do it but one trade back option that could make sense from a value perspective. 

LV receives: #23 (760), #34 (560)

NYJ receives: #17 (950), #48 (420)

Which would put us in position to go Moehrig at #23 and then someone like Cosmi/Radunz/Eichenberg at #34. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As a freshman: 280 snaps at FS, 213 snaps at SCB, 121 snaps in the box, 1 snap at CB

As a sophomore: 24 snaps at FS, 591 snaps at SCB, 179 snaps in the box, 28 snaps at CB

So now he's a year removed from playing football in general and 2 years removed from playing FS. Almost every scouting report on Holland says that his best fit is to be in a split safety system that allows him to come play in the slot. Even during his freshman season when he did play FS he was only there for about half of his snaps with the other half coming in the slot/in the box. 

I wouldn't mind Holland in the third round as I think he'd provide value as a 3rd/4th safety and a guy that can play nickel CB. But I wouldn't trust him as a plug and play starter at FS. 

Seattle cover three system doesn't use Players in hybrid roles besides the elephant DE. If we ended up getting him he would either be playing Single high safety full-time or slot corner full-time. Now if we got him in the third as a slot corner I think that would be a great idea. But if we're talking about a single high safety I'd rather have Andre Cisco. Drafting Andre Cisco on day two is really growing on me. 

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chris Sims regularly has some of the worst takes in the draft and says outlandish things for clicks. His current QB rankings for this class are: 1.) Zach Wilson 2.) Trevor Lawerence 3.) Kellen Mond 4.) Trey Lance 5.) Justin Fields. 

Azeez was 6'2.5" 250 with 34" arms and ran a 4.62 forty, had a 127" broad jump, and 26 bench reps. He's the youngest player in the draft and will be 21 at the start of the season. 

Khalil Mack was 6'3" 251 with 33.5" arms and ran a 4.65 forty, had a 128" broad jump, and did 23 bench reps as a 23 year old rookie. 

Am I saying Azeez will be Khalil? Not at all. But they have similar physical profiles coming into the league while Azeez is two years younger. Khalil held up from day one as a full time edge player in a 4-3 defense as a rookie. 

Mack was labeled a LB his rookie season. But you're right, they can play the same role. Those kind of players are DEs in the nickel, which is what Ds are playing most of the time now.

33 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Mack was labeled a LB his rookie season. But you're right, they can play the same role. Those kind of players are DEs in the nickel, which is what Ds are playing most of the time now.

Ojulari being 2 years younger than Mack with essentially the same frame also means that he'll likely continue to get bigger/stronger. 

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree...

But if Jamie Newman Is available in the 5th I’d take him go compete for QB3 with Peterman and hopefully win out.  Mariota is only here 1 year and Newman could be a nice replacement for him.

I like Newman as a developmental QB as well later in the draft, has the tools for sure.

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Just watched a video on Teven Jenkins and they called him Bryan Bulaga with Rabbies.  Sounds like my type of O-linemen.

Jenkins is a guy that I'd be okay with at #17 and I honestly am expecting him to be the pick. 

• Like 1

One of my last mock drafts for this mock draft Monday. (Using TDN's tool)

17 - Teven Jenkins | OT | Oklahoma State

48 - Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

79 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse 

80 - Pete Werner | LB | Ohio State

121 - Jordan Smith | Edge | UAB

162 - Kary Vincent | CB | LSU

167 - Simi Fehoko | WR | Stanford 

200 - Jermar Jefferson | RB | Oregon State

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

One of my last mock drafts for this mock draft Monday. (Using TDN's tool)

17 - Teven Jenkins | OT | Oklahoma State

48 - Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

79 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse 

80 - Pete Werner | LB | Ohio State

121 - Jordan Smith | Edge | UAB

162 - Kary Vincent | CB | LSU

167 - Simi Fehoko | WR | Stanford 

200 - Jermar Jefferson | RB | Oregon State

Jenkins screams 2nd rounder. little rich for my blood

Edited by Humble_Beast