2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I also watched some Micah Parsons because it's appearing more and more likely that he will be there at 17. I am generally not a fan of stacked linebackers. It's sort of like the runningback of the defense in a lot of ways (shorter projected career, success largely reliant on the players in front of them, value routinely be found in later rounds), but I wouldn't hate adding a difference maker at the second level if I thought he had All-Pro potential.

I am not a fan of Parsons. He isn't the run-game thumper he's marketed as, and I don't see the pass rushing upside often enough to call him a difference maker there. I'm sure with an elite defensive line he could look more explosive, but the Raiders don't have that. Even if Parsons is there at 17, I am not a fan of taking him over other positions. Plus, the Raiders have invested quite a bit in the position over the past season, and I would like to see Littleton play behind a better defensive line and in a more natural role before we spend serious draft capital to replace him.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is I can’t see a player like that getting past the Jets or the CowboysThe more the dust settles the more I can say I’m going on the second round. My thing is I can’t see a player like that getting past the Jets or the Cowboys

I can't see the Jets going safety early, they just tagged Marcus Maye, signed LaMarcus Joyner, and drafted Ashtyn Davis. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

At 17 or 48, if we go OT, we're probably "reaching" to some degree. The absolute best will likely be gone by 17 and the rest of the top tier-ish guys probably don't last to 48. 

Exactly. Because a lot of the good teams are retooling their OL and the bad teams at the top of the second round need OL help as well. 

Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford

Height: 6'1" (85th percentile)

Weight: 198 (73rd percentile)

Arm length: 31.5" (58th percentile)

Hand size: 10" (96th percentile)

40 time: 4.45s (62nd percentile) 

Vertical: 37" (57th percentile)

Broad jump: 121" (39th percentile)

20-yard shuttle: 4.13s (71st percentile)

3-cone: 6.69s (91st percentile)

Bench reps: 18 (85th percentile) 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I can't see the Jets going safety early, they just tagged Marcus Maye, signed LaMarcus Joyner, and drafted Ashtyn Davis. 

maye and joyner are one year deals though and ashtyn is from a former coaching staff so theres that 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

maye and joyner are one year deals though and ashtyn is from a former coaching staff so theres that 

They wouldn't have tagged Maye unless Saleh really likes him. The Jets need OL help, CB help, and they also have holes at TE and RB. Joe Douglas drafted Davis last year and is still the GM. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

If we're talking about 17 overall, I would take Spencer Brown over all three. The potential is absurd, and I think the floor is higher than I initially thought.

I'd be happy with Spencer at #80 but he's not worth the 17th pick. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Exactly. Because a lot of the good teams are retooling their OL and the bad teams at the top of the second round need OL help as well. 

Wherever they wind up taking an OT, if he a two contract starter at RT, he is worth the pick.  I think most Raider fans are fine with trading down, and taking at OT, but that will probably net a 3rd rounder.  A late 3rd rounder.  That's nice, but it doesn't move the needle too much.  We all love the draft, we want more picks, but hitting on a pick is infinitely more valuable than getting 'value'.  

A right tackle to me is less valuable than a LT, but not much. There's guys to block on that side, and pass rushers on that side.  

If the Raiders have a tier, and the last guy in a tier is at 17, I would probably rather just take him. And whichever guy it is, if there's one spot the Raiders have done well in finding players, it's OL.  

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

And whichever guy it is, if there's one spot the Raiders have done well in finding players, it's OL.  

That's true but almost all of our good OL have been found either via free agency or later in the draft other than Kolton Miller. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I would like to see Littleton play behind a better defensive line and in a more natural role before we spend serious draft capital to replace him.

Littleton and Parsons are vastly different players. Littleton is a WLB that's at his best when he's kept clean off blocks and can roam around making plays. Parsons is best suited to be a SLB that's used as a pass rusher and run stopper. 

If we're looking for someone to replace Littleton that fits Bradley's scheme then JOK or Collins are the guys we should target. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am a firm believer we need to go BPA.  Reaching to fill a hole has gotten us to where we are today and let's be frank, this team is still devoid of top talent and depth.  If the BPA is an edge rusher in the 1st we should draft them, if the best player is a CB we should draft them, if the best player is 3T....  you get the point.  I would also say that if the best player is a WR we should draft them.  

I also would not be opposed to a trade back to acquire more draft capital either. Trade back to 25ish and there is a good chance a quality edge or T. Marshall will still be on the board.  

We can use a talent influx at nearly every position on the field.  I will also say I am not a fan of drafting a RT in the 1st and would much rather take a player like Eichenberg in round 2.  

I like BPA, but not that much lol. Especially this year. 

It's a weird year. Guys played into the 1st round by virtue of replacing 1st round guys who opted out, some guys dropped out of the 1st due to opt outs or short seasons, etc etc. 

I'm certainly not saying we should reach (but we probably will), more that we can hardly go wrong aside from drafting moronic projects. 

Frankly, I'd prefer to trade back from 17. Heck, it's too bad Jacksonville seems fairly secure at DE or I'd offer them Ferrell and 17 in exchange for 33, 45, and 65 lol

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Littleton and Parsons are vastly different players. Littleton is a WLB that's at his best when he's kept clean off blocks and can roam around making plays. Parsons is best suited to be a SLB that's used as a pass rusher and run stopper. 

If we're looking for someone to replace Littleton that fits Bradley's scheme then JOK or Collins are the guys we should target. 

Strong side linebacker the way you're describing (and the way Parsons would play it) is not really common or valuable in today's NFL. Parsons would likely play either Mike or Will because those are the two linebacker positions that stay on the field. I don't think Parsons has the instincts or the take-on ability to play Mike right away, so I see his value for the Raiders being at Will.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Strong side linebacker the way you're describing (and the way Parsons would play it) is not really common or valuable in today's NFL. Parsons would likely play either Mike or Will because those are the two linebacker positions that stay on the field. I don't think Parsons has the instincts or the take-on ability to play Mike right away, so I see his value for the Raiders being at Will.

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that Parsons would be a 3 down SLB in the system.   He would be played like a 3-4 OLB on passing downs in the 4-3 under.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that Parsons would be a 3 down SLB in the system.   He would be played like a 3-4 OLB on passing downs in the 4-3 under.

Yeah you'd play him at SLB in base defense and off the edge in the nickel defense.