2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jenkins is a guy that I'd be okay with at #17 and I honestly am expecting him to be the pick. 

I am okay with drafting for need if the player is close to being BPA.  Has to be a balance between the 2.  I hate it when we start grabbing guys 20-25 spots to early.  Seems that we have had a bad habit of grabbing 5-6 rounders in the 2nd and 3rd.  When I saw we drafted Jihad Ward a few years ago I had to look at my calendar to see why I had gone to work on Saturday.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, OnlyGlove said:

Key was never that good to begin with, like Rousseau his stats look good but the tape and measurables don't. 

No power, explosion, hands or bend.  Testing numbers were incredibly bad and it wasn't hard to predict he'd fail in the NFL.

Not athletic and twitchy enough to be 3rd down pass rusher and frame to small to be a power rusher or play the run. 

For comparison, Crosby was 30ibs heavier while being the same hight but ran almost 0.30s faster in the 40 and .20 in the 3 cone.

actually does remind me of Rousseau in that their best attribute just seems to be that they have length

i dont like Rousseau at all as an edge prospect, let alone a first rounder. but unlike Key, I could see Rousseau adding bulk and playing 3 tec and carving out a career there

32 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

actually does remind me of Rousseau in that their best attribute just seems to be that they have length

i dont like Rousseau at all as an edge prospect, let alone a first rounder. but unlike Key, I could see Rousseau adding bulk and playing 3 tec and carving out a career there

Yet, thats the only place I see him having success but its going to take time for him to get heavy enough. The idea of him in the 1st round is crazy. 

20 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Yet, thats the only place I see him having success but its going to take time for him to get heavy enough. The idea of him in the 1st round is crazy. 

i kept hearing about his athletic upside, but he didnt test remarkably at all. its literally that he has good length lol

56 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i like Jenkins but generally agree the value at #17 just isn't there. he could be a target in a trade down scenario, though if we move down in the first i'd rather grab Moehrig and then just take a tackle in the 2nd.

I'm not 100% Moehrig is that amazing.  Like he's probably the safeties pick but, no Earl Thomas.

For Jenkins I've seen a range of early 2nd to his the 3rd tackle in the class. The idea of him and Kendrick Green on the right side gets mw excited. I think I'd be able to run the ball behind them. 

Just now, OnlyGlove said:

I'm not 100% Moehrig is that amazing.  Like he's probably the safeties pick but, no Earl Thomas.

For Jenkins I've seen a range of early 2nd to his the 3rd tackle in the class. The idea of him and Kendrick Green on the right side gets mw excited. I think I'd be able to run the ball behind them. 

i dont think he'd fall to us in the 2nd. think he goes late first or early 2nd

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think Jenkins is a first round talent, but barely. Like 28-30 type of range. It’d be another reach, although not nearly as bad as Arnette last year. 

Have you seen his film breakdown with Brandon Thorn? I was super impressed. It really elevated him in my eyes.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Have you seen his film breakdown with Brandon Thorn? I was super impressed. It really elevated him in my eyes.

Yeah. Lots of draftniks are really high on him. Kollman too. I’ve seen a mocks with him going to us (a lot), before us or right after. Very few where he slips out of the first round.

Also tested ridiculously well - so think there’s upside there as well as a really solid floor.  Also think he fits what we are looking for - really strong in the run game (a bit of a weakness last season) and can move to the second level having done a lot of outside zone stuff - which Cable seems to covet. 

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think Jenkins is a first round talent, but barely. Like 28-30 type of range. It’d be another reach, although not nearly as bad as Arnette last year. 

Brandon Thorn who is a really respected guy when it somec to OL play thinks Jenkins is a great prospect and I believe Jenkins is his #2 OT. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turnobili said:

i like Jenkins but generally agree the value at #17 just isn't there. he could be a target in a trade down scenario, though if we move down in the first i'd rather grab Moehrig and then just take a tackle in the 2nd.

A trade down would be ideal but I've seen Jenkins mocked anywhere from 17-25. And a lot of teams in the 20-32 range need OT help as do a lot of the teams that will be picking before us in round 2.