2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Most of the top corners are first rounders. You can get competent guys in round two, but the difference making guys usually go in round 1.

Safety, guard, runningback, and stack linebacker are generally players I would want to avoid taking in round 1 because of how much their effectiveness depends on scheme and the players round them. Defensive tackle is another one that usually carries value into the later rounds.

Yes of course their are more successful corners from the 1st Round. Never disputed that. Just saying it’s one of the highest bust rates in the 1st Round, while it’s one of the highest hit rates in the 2nd Round. 

LB is still not being talked about for how deep it is. After JOK/Parsons, there are guys like Jamin Davis, Baron Browning, Zaven Collins, Nick Bolton, Cameron McGrone, Jabrill Cox, and Dylan Moses. That's 9 guys I think have the athleticism/talent to be starters at LB. I'd have to think one of them could make it to 79. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As they should feel frustrated.... Cornerbacks have a really nice hit rate in the 2nd Round, probably moreso than any other position. While also being one of the least successful 1st Round selections. 

We've just reached on bad DB's in the 1st round like Hayden, Joseph, Abram, and Arnette.

Hayden: Had a 2nd round grade from most and was coming off of open heart surgery. 

Joseph: Had a 2nd round grade from most and was coming off of a torn ACL. 

Arnettte: Had a 2nd/3rd round grade from most and was 24 years old with average measurable. 

Abram: Was a safety who's biggest weakness was his ability to cover. 

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LB is still not being talked about for how deep it is. After JOK/Parsons, there are guys like Jamin Davis, Baron Browning, Zaven Collins, Nick Bolton, Cameron McGrone, Jabrill Cox, and Dylan Moses. That's 9 guys I think have the athleticism/talent to be starters at LB. I'd have to think one of them could make it to 79. 

I think Davis and Collins are late 1st/early 2nd round guys. I like Jabril Cox and Chazz Surratt a lot in the middle rounds though. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

We already have Abram to play that role. Unless we're drafting over Littleton.

In a sane universe, Abram faces stiff competition just to get playing time this year. 

His perfect role is on the bench until proven otherwise, so really we shouldn't be worried about taking anyone to replace him in any capacity. Upgrading is good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

In a sane universe, Abram faces stiff competition just to get playing time this year. 

His perfect role is on the bench until proven otherwise, so really we shouldn't be worried about taking anyone to replace him in any capacity. Upgrading is good. 

Heath is better than Abram for sure. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I get better coverage from StraightTalk wireless while on vacation in the Amazon than the Raiders get from Abram, so....

No offense to Heath, mind you 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Honestly Moehrig, Grant, or Holland at FS and Heath at SS is a million times better than our usual Safety starters. The difference with Heath, especially against the Chiefs, was night and day. 

Abram needs to be a role player. Use him at SS on run downs, and even try him at LB in Nickel packages. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The draft is a crap shoot and will be even more so this year without the combine. I wouldn't be surprised to see guys going a lot higher/lower than they're projected too. 

Also with so many sitting out it will be in the back of some decision makers minds I'm sure. Especially the 3rd and later round guys. 

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I recently reviewed Alijah Vera-Tucker, Liam Eichenberg, and Spencer Brown and here are my thoughts:

If we're talking about 17 overall, I would take Spencer Brown over all three. The potential is absurd, and I think the floor is higher than I initially thought.

On a few mocks I've done I got a RT like Mayfield in the 2nd and still drafted brown in the 3rd because of that upside. My thoughts were to start the first Tackle and have Brown back up and hopefully replace them the 2nd year and move the other to RG. I just rarely have passed Brown in the 3rd and would trade up to the first picks in the 3rd to secure him if he slips.