2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Does Carr need Agholor? I can't get my head around it with some posters. If Carr is this top tier QB as touted, he should be able win without Agholor. But I have a strange suspicious he backslides without him as a target. 

I say invest in defense but I worry the offense takes a big hit without  Agholor. 

That doesn't make sense to me. 

Every good qb who wins these days has weapons. I just want to score a lot of points and Agholor is a good deep threat.

People forget Brady and Mahomes are playing with skill position groups that are easily more stacked than ours...

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That doesn't make sense to me. 

Every good qb who wins these days has weapons. I just want to score a lot of points and Agholor is a good deep threat.

People forget Brady and Mahomes are playing with skill position groups that are easily more stacked than ours...

Those qbs also demand the most out of their wrs and don’t accept mediocre effort. 

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's true. But that's why you drafted guys like Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, and Moreau. Have to take the training wheels off at some point. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true. But that's why you drafted guys like Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, and Moreau. Have to take the training wheels off at some point. 

True, but you have 0 vets in that group. Almost all good offenses have a blend of vets and young guys. Plus where is the depth?

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Those qbs also demand the most out of their wrs and don’t accept mediocre effort. 

No idea what this means.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Does Carr need Agholor? I can't get my head around it with some posters. If Carr is this top tier QB as touted, he should be able win without Agholor. But I have a strange suspicious he backslides without him as a target. 

I say invest in defense but I worry the offense takes a big hit without  Agholor. 

You don't take the first WR off the board at #12 to play second fiddle to Nelson Agholor. Ruggs needs to be incorporated into the offense and he needs to step it up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Definitely. But I see a world where multiple good players can coexist.

The more the merrier when you're talking about skill position players. But if we do move on from Agholor and don't bring in another big name FA, I'm okay with it. Ruggs was the #12 pick, he needs to be one of the key pieces in the offense. We already have Waller who essentially counts as a #1 WR. And we'll need other guys we've drafted like Edwards, Moreau, and Renfrow to continue to grow into bigger roles. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The more the merrier when you're talking about skill position players. But if we do move on from Agholor and don't bring in another big name FA, I'm okay with it. Ruggs was the #12 pick, he needs to be one of the key pieces in the offense. We already have Waller who essentially counts as a #1 WR. And we'll need other guys we've drafted like Edwards, Moreau, and Renfrow to continue to grow into bigger roles. 

If we move on from Agholor but use the money to sign an impact defensive free agent, I'm fine with it. Still, I hope we can get him back.

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don’t think Carr needs Agholor per se, but given that Ruggs and Edwards have only 1 year experience, Renfrow 2 years, no-one would suggest that a vet isnt needed to help the group ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mahomes can have Kelce, Hill, Hardman, Watkins, Andy Reid and a backfield of Bell and CEH, but when I suggest we resign Nelson ******* Agholor people are saying Carr shouldn't need him?

And that is the team we want to keep up with in the division? Am I not making sense to people?

I do want to resign him.  I just understand us moving a different direction if he's demanding 10M+ per season.  He had great production, but we need to make sure the salary and production match.  I hope we keep him or resign another player that can continue to keep our offense at a top 10 level.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I do want to resign him.  I just understand us moving a different direction if he's demanding 10M+ per season.  He had great production, but we need to make sure the salary and production match.  I hope we keep him or resign another player that can continue to keep our offense at a top 10 level.

No I agree. I just want the offense to keep scoring points. When you lose good players, that side of the ball can take a hit. I've seen it before.

• Like 1