2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

On 2/1/2021 at 3:56 AM, oakdb36 said:

What's your take on Jackson Carman?

Large strong and agile. But just to me it seems he could have been better. I think he should have stayed one more year. But he is a smart kid with the natural tools. Another year of strength and techniques training would have done him wonders in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Any DT at 17 is a big no and would be a big reach. Balmore and Nixon are not worth it there. You can get Onwuzurike, Tufele, Twyman in the second round where you get better value and a better pick at 17. Picking a DT at 17 would be a waste. 

Thank you!  
No DT is worth 17.  Barmore at like 25ish wouldn’t be bad based this being a big need pick.

all of the DTs in this draft are either very raw and or one dimensional at this point.  Don’t let Barmore’s size fool you - he’s not a run stuffer by any means.

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

If we do get an edge rusher or it Has to be someone who brings a different skill set than Crosby and Ferrell I can’t be one of the DE/DT on 3rd downs(Basham, Paye, maybe even Rousseau). I’m thinking it would have to be a player like Phillips or Ojulari. 

Take a look at my long post... it’s only like 5 messages back.

We need a DE who can win with speed to the outside.... and a good pass rushing DT.  I like AO because he could play SAM and move to DE on 3rd down. 

35 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I will die on the no DT at 17 hill. At 27 sure at 17 hell no. I hope the Raiders don’t get desperate on draft night. No DT in FA would have me very worried on draft night 

Yeah I’m 100% with you on this.

We absolutely need to get a DT in FA.  The draft won’t give us immediate improvement at DT, the top end guys are too raw IMO.  
thus, we should attack the issues at DT in FA for immediate solutions and the draft for long term.

54 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I’m 100% with you on this.

We absolutely need to get a DT in FA.  The draft won’t give us immediate improvement at DT, the top end guys are too raw IMO.  
thus, we should attack the issues at DT in FA for immediate solutions and the draft for long term.

Who? After the Giants sign/tag Leo Williams, what other impactful 3T is there?

Just now, Jerry said:

Would you or anyone consider trading our first round pick for L. Williams?  Just kind of popped in my head.

No. We could've traded a 3rd/5th for him and passed. Why give up a 1st round pick and give him a mega deal now? 

Barmore at #17, lets ride. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No. We could've traded a 3rd/5th for him and passed. Why give up a 1st round pick and give him a mega deal now? 

Barmore at #17, lets ride. 

We'll see what happens.  Just popped in my head.  I wonder if maybe we could get him for less.  I'm sure the Giants will end up signing him to a long term deal though.

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

don't be surprised the first round pick is Barmore. he checks the boxes for need and big name school.

Barmore has the traits to be a very good 3T and he dominated this season despite being pretty raw. I'm eager to see how he tests at his pro day. In Alabama's final 6 games he had 23 tackles, 7 TFL, 6 sacks, and 2 FF. 

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Im hoping we address DT and FS in FA, i swear ill lose it if we fail to address those positions just to reach on need in the draft. 

John Johnson III in free agency and Christian Barmore in the 1st would excite me. 

A pipe dream would also be JJ3 and Leonard Williams in free agency and then Zaven Collins in the 1st round. Add a difference maker at all 3 levels of the defense. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Barmore has the traits to be a very good 3T and he dominated this season despite being pretty raw. I'm eager to see how he tests at his pro day. In Alabama's final 6 games he had 23 tackles, 7 TFL, 6 sacks, and 2 FF. 

I actually like him, and would be a lot more excited then the Arnette pick. I want an edge pass rusher or DT in the first. Been seeing barmore in the 20s, so wouldn't be a huge reach like a mid/late 2nd round DB. A lot of bana Dts have been good, and Barmore best football is ahead of him. I hope we sign Leonard Williams before the draft, even seen Barmore go top 15 in a recent mock. He does have a good ceiling and the top DT, don't be surprised. 

Edited by Humble_Beast