Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

It looks wierd... it does look like he’s got a gut.... but it also looks like there’s something under his jersey causing it to “poof” out.  There is something black under his jersey that runs parallel With the top of the bottom line in the 22....  that’s hard to Describe, lol.  Idk what it could be but MAYBE that’s causing him to look fat.  Who knows but it is intriguing.  Only in TC do we analyze photos like this to such a high level.

Thank you very much for linking that btw.

That is just chubby.  You can see it in his arm with the sleeve also.  He has no muscle definition.  I played with guys like that.  Some where the best athletes but I would like to see his weight last year relative to this year.  I would assume with lock downs a lot of guys got lazy.  Especially the ones that did not invest in home gyms.  It is crazy how many people packed on 20+ lbs.  Probably quite a few players across the league coming in 10-15 lbs heavy.

27 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

That is just chubby.  You can see it in his arm with the sleeve also.  He has no muscle definition.  I played with guys like that.  Some where the best athletes but I would like to see his weight last year relative to this year.  I would assume with lock downs a lot of guys got lazy.  Especially the ones that did not invest in home gyms.  It is crazy how many people packed on 20+ lbs.  Probably quite a few players across the league coming in 10-15 lbs heavy.

it's usually one way or other. bored so eat or bored so workout.

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/black-hole-las-vegas-raiders-jon-gruden-henry-ruggs-derek-carr-clelin-ferrell

this guy is really optimistic lol...can't wait until they put on the pads next week.

I’m hoping Ferrell can be our Cam Jordan... maybe not the 15.5 sack Jordan but the 8-12 sack DE that’s a beast Versus the run. If he can become that alongside Crosby and we add a solid 3Tech next year we’d have a Dline that could push us into contender territory.  I’m very excited to see how he does this year and would love to rub it in the doubters Face if he does as well as I think he’s reasonably capable of.

i love the last line you wrote..... so much optimism.... before the pads even go on... LMAO.

Everything until the pass go on is just backyard games.  

Edited by jimkelly02

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I’m not doubting Nixon is 10...12... but idk about 15 lbs out of shape.  But that picture looks crazy.  He looks like A CJ Anderson 5’8 235 lb rolly prolly RB.

that pic is crazy!  There’s no way it’s not a mix of a “bad angle/picture” and him being outta shape..... cuz if he was that fat he’s not passing a physical and would be cut 

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We should temper our expectations and not go full Doss hype, but it's tough not to get a little excited about Edwards.

Exactly.  There’s a lot to be excited over.... doesn’t mean he’s going to get 1000yds.  It’s easy for HWS guys like him to dominate early without pads but they can often struggle later on.

hes got a ton of ability... but let’s not forget he was criminally underdeveloped at SC.  They threw him mostly screens... it’s Gonna be big jump to the NFL in many aspects, despite coming from the SEC.

but there’s definitely a lot to like.... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Totty said:

Hondo Carpenter just posted a really nice read on Twitter about the Raiders training camp.  Excellent "notes". Worth a few minutes.

Thanks for that tip Totty, interesting read and he seems really high on the team. Good to hear that they are energised and buying in to the coaches. 

Diss hype was diff cause it was a UDFA that made you think okay we could have a back end WR to make the WR room even better.

Edwards is a 3rd round pick who should have gone sooner if he had not gotten hurt and Edwards has legit starter potential if not more. 

Pads start to come on in the next couple practices so we’ll see how Edwards does.