2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

What is going on with Jet now reminds me of the movie THE WOLFS OF WALL STREET, where the employees were making so much money  but is was a big scam and the company fell apart just like the Jets.

That is my fav movie of all time. Yes it is pretty much that. We had our runs in 09-10 and a few good seasons with Fitz going 10-6. Man the days with Fitz was great because we would win at least half our games. 

Not making a separate thread for this:

Pick a HC that will have complete control over the staff and the team.  I don't really care who it is but I think picking someone from the college ranks would be good since we are basically starting from scratch and hope to add a bunch of young talent.

Big FA splash

-Shaq Barrett: the Jets have the most cap space and can overpay for Shaq.  If Brady retires and Tampa isn't competitive I can see him moving on.

-WR like Curtis Samuel: won't have to overpay and is solid.  just need bodies

Trade Darnold for a 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd

won't go into a full depth offseason

Draft

Round 1 (1)- Trevor Lawrence QB

Round 1 (Sea)- DeVonta Smith WR/Chase Olave WR (whoever is projected to be there)

Round 2 (1)- Travis Etienne RB

Round 2 (later 2nd)-  BPA interior OL

Round 3 (1)- BPA WR

Round 3 (Sea)- BPA EDGE

That is how I would look to draft.  I'd rather be in shootouts and hope for a timely turnover than not have a functioning offense.

I would even look to move Q.  Mosley GTFO. Maye can stay if it's cheap, but we may be better off starting fresh.  The OL should be fine for Lawrence especially if a rookie or one of the young guys can step in at OG.  New college system implemented to get the strengths out of Lawrence, #1 WR, dynamic RB.  It would be a big help.  Draft some hungry LBs and DBs later.  I want dawgs not dogs.

Gase picked his staff.  Rhule left Jets because he barked at Jets' wanting Monken as OC.  Jets had good reason for that but oh boy why didn't they simply hire Monken as HC and someone with HC experience as special adviser to both Macc and Monken instead of hiring Gase.

31 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Pick a HC that will have complete control over the staff and the team.  I don't really care who it is but I think picking someone from the college ranks would be good since we are basically starting from scratch and hope to add a bunch of young talent.

Big FA splash

-Shaq Barrett: the Jets have the most cap space and can overpay for Shaq.  If Brady retires and Tampa isn't competitive I can see him moving on.

Draft

Round 1 (Sea)- DeVonta Smith WR/Chase Olave WR (whoever is projected to be there)

Round 3 (1)- BPA WR

Round 3 (Sea)- BPA EDGE

That is how I would look to draft.  I'd rather be in shootouts and hope for a timely turnover than not have a functioning offense.

I would even look to move Q.  Mosley GTFO. Maye can stay if it's cheap, but we may be better off starting fresh.  The OL should be fine for Lawrence especially if a rookie or one of the young guys can step in at OG.  New college system implemented to get the strengths out of Lawrence, #1 WR, dynamic RB.  It would be a big help.  Draft some hungry LBs and DBs later.  I want dawgs not dogs.

Great job your list of our needs is 100% correct. I was just going to make up a list of our needs and it is exactly the same as yours. I am not sure of the players yet that will take another three months except for Lawrence Sorry I don't know who made this list up. But we could come out of the2021 draft with 6 young starters.

50 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Big FA splash

Draft

Round 3 (1)- BPA WR

Round 3 (Sea)- BPA EDGE

Great job your list is 100% correct on our needs, I was just going to make up a list of our needs and it is exactly like yours. Out side of Lawrence, it will take me another three months to to fill the balance of players, We could come out after the first three rounds with 6 young starters.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Great job your list is 100% correct on our needs, I was just going to make up a list of our needs and it is exactly like yours. Out side of Lawrence, it will take me another three months to to fill the balance of players, We could come out after the first three rounds with 6 young starters.

But he can't coach a jack.😎

18 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I quickly looked around for RB draft class.  A plenty of choices to pick, really. 

Excellent, but that doesn't mean we should wait it out like we did with WR.  I'm totally fine double dipping WR and RB.  I don't care if we ignore edge because we are desperate for offense.  Spend the money on a known commodity in FA, give whatever QB it is something to work with.  I'm also game to flip Q for a 2nd (does he have that much value?) and grab another WR/TE/RB.

Imagine this draft we trade Darnold and/or Q then draft a QB, WR, TE, RB with our first 4 picks.  If I was GM I would be salivating at that opportunity and a HC like Eric B or Arthur Smith could find that as a nice and juicy bonus coming to NY.  Too bad Johnson is too dumb to sell that to a coach.  Hand pick your starting QB, WR, RB, TE in the same draft and you already have a franchise LT.  F'n A Chris, get me in the damn front office.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We say this every year and end up with nothing. Be finally used somewhat of a valued pick on Perine... and our idiot HC won't even play him. 

No. it is on Joe Douglas.  If you know Gase doesn't utilize RB well, you don't spend $$$ or high pick on RB.    4th round pick is a toss up, though.