Assassins Creed Valhalla

Ty21

16 hours ago, Lions017 said:

This looks really cool. I've played every AC game except Rogue and Odyssey. I got burned out on open world games for a while (I think some are needlessly big), but I'll probably give Odyssey a go when it's on sale again. This sounds fantastic - I'm glad that they're just committing to the RPG experience. 

It would be fun if AC branched off, since they have at least two studios working on these games, and offered different experiences. It would be fun if one year we got an RPG style, the next year (or two years later) we got a more traditional stealth game. 

Rogue is great.  If you can find a way to play it, I definitely recommend it.  It's a prequel to Assassin's Creed III, and I really loved the story in it.  Can't say more or I will give it away. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Rogue is great.  If you can find a way to play it, I definitely recommend it.  It's a prequel to Assassin's Creed III, and I really loved the story in it.  Can't say more or I will give it away. 

I have it (I think it was part of Games with Gold for Xbox Live), just haven't gotten around to it yet. I started it a few weeks ago and it just felt a bit dated to me, but maybe I'll give it another shot. 

I started to rewatch all of the games as "movies" on youtube. All the cutscenes and such put together. Each one is a few hours long. But, it's been really enjoyable to see them again. I've stopped playing after Ezio so I'm interested to see the stories.

2 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I started to rewatch all of the games as "movies" on youtube. All the cutscenes and such put together. Each one is a few hours long. But, it's been really enjoyable to see them again. I've stopped playing after Ezio so I'm interested to see the stories.

The game fell into a lull between the Ezio games and Origins (minus Black Flag) so I can't fault you for that one.  Between that and franchise fatigue, they needed the time to rework things for Origins in the worst way.  Origins and Odyssey would be a good place to pick up.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The game fell into a lull between the Ezio games and Origins (minus Black Flag) so I can't fault you for that one.  Between that and franchise fatigue, they needed the time to rework things for Origins in the worst way.  Origins and Odyssey would be a good place to pick up.  

Yeah I heard the same. I did watch the Odyssey movie a while ago but it seemed pretty great.

16 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Been doing that with Origins right now, and I'm playing through Odyssey.  I'm enjoying it because even though we're in quarantine I don't see myself having 80+ hours going through both games.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Been doing that with Origins right now, and I'm playing through Odyssey.  I'm enjoying it because even though we're in quarantine I don't see myself having 80+ hours going through both games.

I did 60 in Origins and I will finish at 80 in Odyssey.  But I am a completionist in the true sense of the word.  I do everything that is not repeatable.  

If you just played the main quest line, it would easily be less than half of that time.  You still need to do some of the map locations, and some of the side quests, but you can also buy an XP boost to get you through it that much quicker.  

Also, you can play the game either as Alexios or Kassandra.  The stories run the exact same way no matter who you pick, but the "canon" protagonist is Kassandra.  And there is a "canon" story based off the choices in the game.  

• 4 weeks later...

OK, officially hypest I've been in a while. Looks like they've addressed MOST of the issues people had about the franchise. Shaping up to be a return to form, with the same crew that done Black Flag and Origins, and with the script writer who done the classics. 

assassins-creed-valhalla-eivor.jpg

Infos and Rumor so far (?) Is not confirmed/Lack of evidence Assassins Creed Valhalla

Release Date: October 15 2020? Engine: AnvilNext 2.0

Timeline: - Set in the 800 AD - During the Viking Invasion in Britannia

Character:

There is a Character Choice of Male and Female. Both Characters are called Eivor. You can Customize Hair, Tattoo, War Paint, and Beard (For Male)

Weapons:

Hidden Blade is back -  Hidden Blade is One Hit (via skill) 

There will be Weapon Types: Swords, Axes, Maces/Hammers, Flails, Spears, Greataxes, Greatmaces. Shield is Back. Bow and Arrow is Back and all can be upgraded. Horn Can Rally Viking Troops or Call Ships

Skill Tree: - Leveling system is changed to Power Levels - Skill Tree is Back but Called Skill Graph - Skill will have much variety and build archetype Stealth System (Armor has a key role in Stealth): -

Notoriety is Back - Social Stealths in Crowds and Benches - Enviromental Stealth in Bushes, Haystacks, and Leaves and Mud can be use as cover to blend

Settlement System -  You build up your settlement, take orders (missions) from your war chief there, hunt and fish to provide for settlement and your family

Naval Traversal: - Ships are back but for traversals - Ships can be upgraded and customize - Ships are used for Conquest and Raiding (Drop in and Drop Out) - Ships can be summoned and called upon Assault, Raiding, and Diplomacy - Recruiting is Back - Viking Raiders can be customize INDIVIDUALLY

Assaulting a Fort can be done (Assault is naturally happening, Some forces Defend and Attack each other without your intervention) - Raiding is allowed for resources pillaging - Diplomacy is also available -  8 Vikings per Raid - Assaults, Raiding and Diplomacy creates missions World and Environment

There main locations are; Norway, Lofoten?, Roskilde?, Wessex, Northumbria, East Anglia, Mercia, Essex?, Sussex?, Kent? - There are 3 Major Cities; London, Winchester, and Jorvik (York)

Dynamic Season System - Dynamic Environment Destruction Other Features - watch rain roll in over the hills etc

Other - Marriage and Family is introduced  - Parkour is like Origins and Odyssey with Tree Parkour like AC3 and AC4 - Decision Making is Back - Progress Tracker is Back (Memory Sequences)? - Side Quests are back - Mini Games and Activities are back (Hunting, Fishing, Dice and Drinking Games and Norse Traditions such as Flyting) - Animal Taming - Raider Dispatch is introduced (You can send customized Raiders to help other players online) - Altaïr/First Assassins Creed Connection - Quest Arc is implemented (Quest are divided in Arcs depending on the gameplay progression) - God Fights (Like Trial of the Gods) - Dynamic NPC Behaviors - Raven/Eagle scouting is traditional - Original Eagle Vision is back but it is called "Odin Sight" - Puzzles, Lairs, and Secret Tombs are back - Religion System? - Paying Respect on a Fallen Viking Raider 

Edited by Hunter2_1

36 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As long as we don't have Full Synchronization to deal with, I'll be happy with some of the reverting changes, even though the ship combat is getting tiresome again. 

No ship combat, only navigation. Navigate the river system in the UK to land and raid etc. 

I'm also tired of ship combat. Don't think the Saxons ever met the Vikings at sea

• Like 1